Power Rangers Lightning Collection Space Psycho Rangers Boxset Revealed

JayC

Images or what appears to be a new boxset for Hasbro's 6" Power Rangers Lightning Collection line has hit the net today. The set appears to include all the members of the In Space Psycho Rangers which of course some of which have already been released on single cards. It's unknown if there will be any differences between those and the figures in this set nor do we know at this time how or where this set will be release. As more details become available we will be sure to update you.

Power-Rangers-Lightning-Collection-Psycho-Ranger-Pack-01.jpg

• Like 2

I was going to say this seems kinda mean, since people shucked out the dough already probably on the Red and Blue , so now the collectors have to double dip on them to get black, pink and yellow, they are already playing the collectors with the people having to buy 2 Zedds to get a Rita

10 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I was going to say this seems kinda mean, since people shucked out the dough already probably on the Red and Blue , so now the collectors have to double dip on them to get black, pink and yellow, they are already playing the collectors with the people having to buy 2 Zedds to get a Rita

I agree, it does seem kind of a "Mattel" thing for Hasbro to pull. Of course, I prefer getting my Ranger teams all together at once so I'll get the team set, but I'll still snag the Red pack just to get Leo.

1 hour ago, DylanRaven055 said:

This is interesting. It kinda gives me the idea that this was going to be their SDCC exclusive. Honestly I'm not that interested but this set gives me hope that they eventually make a MMPR box set, cause some of them are really hard to get.

So far, the only figure I haven't found in stores is Lord Drakon or whatever his name is. No big loss. For me, Power Rangers are the TV series, and first two movies. Anything else is just glorified fan-fiction.

22 hours ago, mako said:

So far, the only figure I haven't found in stores is Lord Drakon or whatever his name is. No big loss. For me, Power Rangers are the TV series, and first two movies. Anything else is just glorified fan-fiction.

Here, Mexico, I've only seen wave 1 & 2 widely distributed. The only place online that has some of the most recent waves is Amazon, but for some reason they're not full waves, only two figures of one wave and 10 to 20 dollars more than regular price. 

That's why this at least gives me hope they'll eventually release the original Mighty Morphing Power Rangers as a box set. 

As for Lord Drakkon and Ranger Slayer, yeah, I don't really read the comics, I've watched some videos on it, but I want them cause they look cool.

I’m not a Power Ranger guy but if I was I’d be annoyed to have to buy a box set where I already have half the figures just to complete the team.  The only real excuse would be is if this was planned as a deluxe set for SDCC and the remaining figures are already slated for a standard single figure release

23 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Honestly I don't regret giving up on this collection

I'm seriously considering dropping it as well. The distribution wasn't that great to begin with, and well, that makes aftermarket prices really high. Guess I'll wait and see what happens in the near future.

On 7/1/2020 at 11:11 AM, DylanRaven055 said:

I'm seriously considering dropping it as well. The distribution wasn't that great to begin with, and well, that makes aftermarket prices really high. Guess I'll wait and see what happens in the near future.

I've been on the fence about dropping this line, it's been so frustrating here in Canada trying to collect these figures, I don't think any of these figures other than White Ranger wasn't a horrible pain to obtain, I keep holding on because technically I only need Yellow, Blue and Black and I'm done (I only want Mighty Morphin) but the fact it seems I'm never going to get a Yellow or Blue is annoying me, and no non Dragon Sheild Black even made yet, but bet when it does come out, it will be the same trash Distribution and everybody clamoring to purchase. I literally every week think about how I should sell my LC rangers and just buy all of the Legacy series because I can get those easy

Anyways enough rambling , I came in to show you this picture The In box Psycho rangers pack

spacer.png

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DylanRaven055 said:

Not gonna lie, the white/silver-ish plastic tray kinda gives some cheap toys vibes. They look cool, although is kinda funny to see all of the lightning hands down there next to each other. 

Yeah I thought the same looks a bit cheap, and not how I'd expect something from Hasbro (at least as of recent), also let's be real no cool ass Savage Sword?

I don't see any difference between this and the clear plastic used in other boxed sets. Granted the set would be a lot more visually appealing with some nice insert art. Of course, this year the name of the game, EVERY game, has been "diminished resources." I'm just glad they were able to do as much as they did.

That's not to say a lower price point to reflect the lack-luster packaging wouldn't be appropriate.

We'll see.

On 7/3/2020 at 3:27 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

also let's be real no cool ass Savage Sword?

Maybe one will come with the Pink Lost Galaxy Ranger? I would've been happier if we could've gotten the Psychos' human heads from PRIS. That would've been cool, and the added accessory would add a little incentive for those who bought the previous Psychos to buy them again.

9 minutes ago, mako said:

Maybe one will come with the Pink Lost Galaxy Ranger? I would've been happier if we could've gotten the Psychos' human heads from PRIS. That would've been cool, and the added accessory would add a little incentive for those who bought the previous Psychos, to buy them again.

That would've been definitely more attractive, didn't thought of that. As for the sword, yeah, I guess they may include it with the Pink LG Ranger

4 hours ago, DylanRaven055 said:

That would've been definitely more attractive, didn't thought of that. As for the sword, yeah, I guess they may include it with the Pink LG Ranger

Way I figure it, we still have two possibilities for a Savage Sword. The most obvious would be a single pack Psycho Pink, the second would be the Kendrix version of LG Pink.

3 hours ago, mako said:

Way I figure it, we still have two possibilities for a Savage Sword. The most obvious would be a single pack Psycho Pink, the second would be the Kendrix version of LG Pink.

Yeah when I initially saw the Savage Sword wasn't part of this multipack , I got the feeling they might be saving that accessory for probably Kendrix, since she did find it , and we know how Hasbro likes to do the whole.. hey have this Onslaught head you really wanted packed with Kitty Pryde type of thing

3 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah when I initially saw the Savage Sword wasn't part of this multipack , I got the feeling they might be saving that accessory for probably Kendrix, since she did find it , and we know how Hasbro likes to do the whole.. hey have this Onslaught head you really wanted packed with Kitty Pryde type of thing

Fine with me. I'm still hoping for a single pack Leo with the Galaxy Book, and a Trakeena with alternate "armor-mode" pieces. (Yeah, PRLG is my FAVORITE PR series, why?)

On a side note, Hasbro loves them some "Deluxe" figures, I'd love for them to do a Deluxe "Mega-Battle" line featuring the Rangers who were given those nifty armor forms (Andros, Leo, etc.).

1 hour ago, mako said:

Fine with me. I'm still hoping for a single pack Leo with the Galaxy Book, and a Trakeena with alternate "armor-mode" pieces. (Yeah, PRLG is my FAVORITE PR series, why?)

On a side note, Hasbro loves them some "Deluxe" figures, I'd love for them to do a Deluxe "Mega-Battle" line featuring the Rangers who were given those nifty armor forms (Andros, Leo, etc.).

Yeah I'd actually love a Trakeena figure (both normal look and the bug armor), I don't even care to collect any of the LC outside of MMPR, but there are definitely a handful of characters, mainly villains and monsters I'd love to get. the deluxe idea seems cool as well, but I'd see that being something they did once they exhaust most of the popular ranger possibilities because it seems like Hasbro is really just keeping to pumping out figures that need little to no re-tooling or extra parts.

11 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah I'd actually love a Trakeena figure (both normal look and the bug armor), I don't even care to collect any of the LC outside of MMPR, but there are definitely a handful of characters, mainly villains and monsters I'd love to get. the deluxe idea seems cool as well, but I'd see that being something they did once they exhaust most of the popular ranger possibilities because it seems like Hasbro is really just keeping to pumping out figures that need little to no re-tooling or extra parts.

There ARE certain monsters I'b like to see, (Dark Warrior, King Sphinx, Ecliptor, etc.), I just don't know if I want to see them in the main LC. As I've said before, there are 27 years worth of Rangers to cover. That's not even including recasts (Jason / Rocky, Kendrix / Karone), non Ranger characters (Alpha-5, Phantom Ranger, Blue Senturion). I say give the villains there own sub-line and forget the comic characters ala Lord Dragon and Ranger Slayer.

3 hours ago, mako said:

I say give the villains there own sub-line

That would be awesome. I've been looking back at all the rangers shows I actually watched as a kid and teenager and honestly, outside of the MMPR team, my interest regarding action figures is mainly towards villain characters like Trakeena, Vypra, Zenaku. A sub-line dedicated to then would be awesome! And they could go the Fan-Channel approach, so they can add some stuff that may be harder to include when dealing with retailers like Walmart. Deluxe set are something I expect to see sooner than later for this line.

On 7/6/2020 at 11:50 AM, mako said:

There ARE certain monsters I'b like to see, (Dark Warrior, King Sphinx, Ecliptor, etc.), I just don't know if I want to see them in the main LC. As I've said before, there are 27 years worth of Rangers to cover. That's not even including recasts (Jason / Rocky, Kendrix / Karone), non Ranger characters (Alpha-5, Phantom Ranger, Blue Senturion). I say give the villains there own sub-line and forget the comic characters ala Lord Dragon and Ranger Slayer.

Yeah I love the idea of a Power Rangers monster/villains collection, I'd say if they did that I'd be a completeist, and buy more than likely everything, to bad I don't see that happening though, but we can dream right

Images have been leaking out for the last 2 weeks for this set but now we have an official reveal for Hasbro's Power Rangers Lightning Collection Space Psycho Rangers Boxset which is being released as an Amazon.com exclusive. You can pre-order it now and look for it to be released on August 1, 2020. The set costs $99.99.

- INCLUDES CHARACTER-INSPIRED ACCESSORIES: This 5-figure pack comes with multiple character-inspired accessories, including the iconic weaponry of the Psycho Rangers

- INSPIRED BY THE SERIES POWER RANGERS IN SPACE: Created as evil imitations, the Psycho Rangers are five cyborgs whose goal is destroying the Power Rangers

Power-Rangers-Lightning-Collection-Psycho-Rangers-5-Pack-01.jpg

Power-Rangers-Lightning-Collection-Psycho-Rangers-5-Pack-02.jpg

Power-Rangers-Lightning-Collection-Psycho-Rangers-5-Pack-03.jpg

Power-Rangers-Lightning-Collection-Psycho-Rangers-5-Pack-04.jpg

Power-Rangers-Lightning-Collection-Psycho-Rangers-5-Pack-05.jpg

Power-Rangers-Lightning-Collection-Psycho-Rangers-5-Pack-06.jpg

Power-Rangers-Lightning-Collection-Psycho-Rangers-5-Pack-07.jpg

Power-Rangers-Lightning-Collection-Psycho-Rangers-5-Pack-08.jpg

Power-Rangers-Lightning-Collection-Psycho-Rangers-5-Pack-09.jpg

Power-Rangers-Lightning-Collection-Psycho-Rangers-5-Pack-10.jpg

• 2 weeks later...