G.I. Joe Classified 6" Wave 2 Figures Revealed

JayC

Man that Destro is just too funny. Not sure on him but just put my order in for storm shadow. Also really liking those red ninjas and that they are loaded with weapons. I might want a few just for the different weapon displays. So far so great on the line in my opinion 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JayC said:

"Roni and Lenny are doing the reveals from Hasbro. They addressed that the light blue Cobra Commander was a mistakenly revealed now and would be released at a later time. However now because of the demand they are going to put it up for pre-order now...."

Okay, THIS is how you fix a major snafu and get customers. That sh1tstorm nftx caused was utterly uncalled for, but the guys here stepped in and made it right. And just because of that, I'm now buying both versions of Cobra Commander and the Arctic Storm Shadow. Remember, I'M the guy who isn't even into GI Joe! But I damn well respect a business that seems interested in customer service. Kudos.👍

• Thanks 1

Pre ordered one of everybody.  Now I’m just debating rather or not I should get extra Red Ninjas.  I do a lot of troop building at 3-3/4” but with the exception of MOTU Classics I don’t usually troop build 6” lines.  But with this line I’m kinda tempted.  That said if I do I definitely won’t go crazy with 100s of Vipers, Cobra Officers, Bats, etc the way I did at 3-3/4”.  I’d stick to just a couple of each.  

• Thanks 1

So I would have thought if the GI Joe brand and the Transformers Brand were planning to still do SDCC (at home) exclusives they would have announced those today.  So given that they didn’t what do we think that means?  

1) Do we think it means those announcements are still coming?  (If so they are cutting it close).  

2) Do we think it mean they scrapped those plans awhile ago and thus there is nothing to reveal?

or

3) Do we think items like the Blue/Gold Cobra Commander, the Black Series 40th Bounty Hunter set, the Delorean Transformer, the Crossover MYPs ext ext were/are in fact the planned SDCC exclusives but they simply aren’t calling them that since there is no SDCC?  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

They look awesome, I except Gung Ho

but I still havn't even gotten my figures from wave 1

so thanks for showing me these already

My Duke, Scarlett, and Roadblock literally just arrived yesterday.  Still waiting on Destro, Snake Eyes, and Deluxe Snake Eyes.  

• Thanks 1

Okay, Storm Shadow is a step in the right direction, but I'm still disappointed with wave 2.

Still, Hasbro can save the win in my book if they can just get off their butts distribution wise. Get those Joes on the shelves, soon and heavy. I know there's a pandemic on, but that hasn't stopped AoA from reaching full saturation, Ghostbusters from hitting the pegs, and every Target I've been to has at least one shiny new Black Widow case on the pegs.

Hasbro's done alright by me so far, but if they expect me to make the effort of collecting these, they're gonna have to make some effort to get 'em to me.

• Thanks 1

Pimp Daddy Destro is insane! I can't believe he comes with a burning dollar bill. What an over the top redeco. Hasbro is getting creative. I am really liking this line so far. Can't wait to see the Baroness!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, 80sboy4 said:

If the Pimp Daddy Destro and Light Blue Cobra Commander are indeed exclusives I'm ready to go in on both, hope they're not hard to get.

Pimp daddy destro surprised me...did not expect it to look good as this!

• Thanks 1

Wasnt Expecting the Artic Mission Storm Shadow, I might have to get that one and get someone to make a casted reproduction of that head to place on the normal Storm Shadow since Im not really liking the design with the metal mouthpiece on the mask (if that is in fact how itll be made once its released). Aside from that one the Red ninja looks nice but its pretty much just a repaint of Snake-Eyes (with a new head, belt and chest harness overlay) Ill see if I can get a couple of those later on discount, Im thinking Ill probably only get the Cobra Commander on regular price from this wave so far, Hope they show us more figures in this wave soon.

• Thanks 1

Thanks JayC for posting that HasbroPulse video. It gives me hope that Hasbro is actually putting effort into the rebirth of GI-Joe.

I was able to get a Roadblock and a Duke online and they are great figures. The sculpting, paint, articulation, basically across the board. It seems they are all in as far as actually creating the figures go, which is; after all the most important part.

Now to the distribution....I have yet to see any figures at retail. I haven't even seen empty pegs where they would normally be. The Pandemic seems to be the reason i hear most often but the Pandemic hasn't prevented Hasbro from keeping stores stocked with Star Wars and Marvel legends figures. McFarlane also has their DC figures (and Fortnite) on shelves and pegs. Trying not to complain...too much...lol but these are great figures and I would like to be able to purchase them without having to pay through the nose to scalpers online......

I managed to snag pre-orders for regular Cobra Commander, Storm Shadow, and Gung-Ho, but Red Ninja was already pre-sold out (because of course he was). If Hasbro is planning to somehow get these in stores, I wish they'd poop or get off the pot.

8 hours ago, TheChosenPrime said:

Will Profit Destro be available on Amazon?

My understanding is it’s a fan channel exclusive. So bigbadtoystore, hasbro pulse, entertainment Earth, and other online stores

9 minutes ago, JHS1988 said:

My understanding is it’s a fan channel exclusive. So bigbadtoystore, hasbro pulse, entertainment Earth, and other online stores

That is correct, so if you see it on Amazon it likely would be from a second party seller.

25 minutes ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Jeez, they may have sold them all through Pulse or under the criteria of the "Fan Channel".

Yeah 100% agree it’s a weird way of saying we aren’t selling this figure through big chain stores, but also make a different figure a store exclusive. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/28/2020 at 4:41 PM, Mr_Scary92 said:

I thought the "fan channel" concept would serve as an alternative to offer variants or certain characters of less demand without the need to depend on large retailers that might not be very interested in carrying items from a franchise that had been out of the market for some years and now tries to resurface, as is the case with GI Joe, but I don't think that's the case, the same could be said about Hasbro Pulse, IMO both will be somewhat redundant if, in the end, Hasbro will keep offering exclusive items trough the usual stores or, is this how they will be able to offer more figures?, who knows.

I mean thus far both of the 2 online/fan channel exclusives and the 2 pulse exclusives have been variants. It’s only odd in the case of Storm Shadow since his standard release has yet to be revealed but that one is undoubtably going to be the more heavily sought after version compared to this one on Amazon based on his Version 3 Ninja Force costume.  

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

I agree with you, even though it seems to me that any version of Storm Shadow, and for that matter Snake Eyes, will be sought after.

For sure.  Personally I’m just glad this line has yet to have any Walgreens or Walmart exclusives since those are always so randomly available online and have poor in store distribution to where a lot of regions even within the US never get them.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

That's exactly my biggest fear and my biggest gripe about Hasbro and I know it will happen eventually. At the moment I have no problem with the exclusives being variants or repaints of regular figures, it is when new characters are offered in this way when I really get pissed.

Yeah I’m a GI Joe completist so I’m definitely not looking forward to them eventually creating these store exclusives.  I ended up having to pay an arm and a leg for the Rise of Cobra Walmart sets just because I don’t have a Walmart near me.  And year after year when I’m going through the lists of Marvel Legends and Star Wars Black Series that came out that year it always turns out I managed to get them all except for some of the Walgreens and Walmart ones (and Game Stop in the case of Star Wars).  I really hate these retailer exclusives that aren’t also readily available online.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1