G.I. Joe Classified 6" Wave 2 Figures Revealed

JayC

These were likely going to be tomorrow's Hasbro reveal for G.I. Joe tomorrow, but per usual with these things they have apparently leaked out early. Don't know the original source but saw them over at the G.I. Joe Classified FB Group.

Anyway with these we can see that wave 2 for Hasbro's G.I. Joe Classified line looks to include Dark Blue Cobra Commander, Profit Director Destro, Red Ninja and Gung-Ho.

The Destro is a bit of a mystery and may not actually be part of wave 2.

GIJoe-Classified-Wave-2-01.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Wave-2-02.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Wave-2-03.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Wave-2-04.jpg

• Like 1

I still hoping there might be one more figure to be revealed tomorrow and that Pipm Daddy Destro is actually an exclusive figure but it might be that they were thinking of including some figures from the Snake-Eyes movie and with it being delayed they had to rush some figures, thats my theory since the Destro figure is just a repaint, the Ninja seems to be a repaint of Snake Eyes with new Head, Chest Overlay and Belt pieces (using the Snake-Eyes Hasbro pule exclusive weapons) and Gung Ho also seems to be a repaint of Roadblock with a new Head, Vest and accesories.

If there is still one more figure not shown in this wave I hope its another Joe like Lady Jaye or Flint

As @JoeRhyno pointed out Destro seems like it might be a SDCC exclusive. Normally Entertainment Earth gets some of their own SDCC exclusive from various companies including Hasbro. We also have the light blue Cobra Commander which seems a likely choice for an exclusive. This wave was originally said to have 3 non-movie figures and 3 movie figures. My guess Hasbro wont reveal any movie figures until we get closer to the movies release. But it would make sense that Dark Blue Cobra Commander, Gung-Ho and Red Ninja will be officially revealed tomorrow as part of wave 2 and go up for pre-order tomorrow and that Pimp Daddy Destro would be maybe the EE SDCC exclusive and light blue CC be the normal Hasbro SDCC exclusive which would now likely be offered on Hasbro Pulse.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JayC said:

As @JoeRhyno pointed out Destro seems like it might be a SDCC exclusive. Normally Entertainment Earth gets some of their own SDCC exclusive from various companies including Hasbro. We also have the light blue Cobra Commander which seems a likely choice for an exclusive. This wave was originally said to have 3 non-movie figures and 3 movie figures. My guess Hasbro wont reveal any movie figures until we get closer to the movies release. But it would make sense that Dark Blue Cobra Commander, Gung-Ho and Red Ninja will be officially revealed tomorrow as part of wave 2 and go up for pre-order tomorrow and that Pimp Daddy Destro would be maybe the EE SDCC exclusive and light blue CC be the normal Hasbro SDCC exclusive which would now likely be offered on Hasbro Pulse.

All this makes sense and lines up exactly with what I was thinking.  Either way I’m excited to pick all of these up.  

3 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Well I sure hope if they do Crimson Guard, they don't use that shade of red seen in either the ninja or pimp daddy. I really want it to be a brighter hue. Then again, there's nothing to say they have any plans on making that.

It may take awhile but I suspect Crimson Guard would certainly be one they could get to just so long as the line does well.  

So far what i can see in this line, it's ok i guess, Cobra Commander still might be the one I'll likely get the most in this wave, but perhaps the red ninja looks amazing too and man he has a lot of accessories than what i would had expected, though am i the only one who sorta thinks his design has Mortal Kombat 11 vibes? 😄

Gung-Ho looks good too, i am not bothered if the weapons look too fictional alike, though i barely could tell he had the grenade launcher since it looks kinda weird lol and lastly for Destro, doesn't really catch my eye really. It almost seems like whenever i see G.I.Joe classified figure news and such Destro seems to get most love for what i can see haha.

I honestly think it would have been better for Hasbro to do Baroness this wave and release Storm Shadow and Red Ninja together in the third wave. While we are all sitting here saying we want Baroness, my guess Hasbro views Baroness as being a weak selling figure and has the Red Ninja in here as the strong selling figure. IDK, maybe they are right but for me I am far less interested in the Red Ninja than I am in Baroness.

• Like 1

What kind of punk-@$$ed line-up it this!?! I get it, the first wave was mostly Joes so the second wave is mostly Cobras. But Pimp-Daddy Destro!?! Red Ninja!?! Where's Baroness, Zartan, Firefly, Vipers, the Crimson Guard, Cobra Troopers. This is G.I. Joe! There are LITERALLY a hundred guys you could do before pulling out the in-jokes and C-listers.

Until we hear something official, I'm gonna assume Pimpstro is some kind of prank by the product team, a really poorly thought out retailer exclusive, or even a bad joke by some bored, jag-off customiser.

If it is real, that just cements what I've been thinking more and more. Hasbro's going through the motions, but they aren't behind the Joe-line. This is Overwatch all over again.

If we look more closely at the packaging seen here the numbering is on the top of the boxes. There's hardly any way that the PD "Pimp Daddy" Destro would be a mass market mainline figure. Here he's showing a higher number of #15 so the next 5 figures (if we're sticking with 5 per wave like the first one) would be #06 Cobra Commander, #07 Gung-Ho#08 Red Ninja,  and then two more slots for #9 & #10. I'm thinking that those could be the comic versions of Baroness and Storm Shadow as it would be completely weird for Hasbro to offer up a generic red ninja before the main baddie.

2 hours ago, mako said:

What kind of punk-@$$ed line-up it this!?! I get it, the first wave was mostly Joes so the second wave is mostly Cobras. But Pimp-Daddy Destro!?! Red Ninja!?! Where's Baroness, Zartan, Firefly, Vipers, the Crimson Guard, Cobra Troopers. This is G.I. Joe! There are LITERALLY a hundred guys you could do before pulling out the in-jokes and C-listers.

Until we hear something official, I'm gonna assume Pimpstro is some kind of prank by the product team, a really poorly thought out retailer exclusive, or even a bad joke by some bored, jag-off customiser.

If it is real, that just cements what I've been thinking more and more. Hasbro's going through the motions, but they aren't behind the Joe-line. This is Overwatch all over again.

Just a little patience buddy, they will get to the characters you want. We are only on wave 2 of what seems like a great line. We all have characters we want, I'm sure we will be getting all of them. 

53 minutes ago, TheViewingGlobe said:

Quick to complain, Lack of patience. We are only on wave 2 of what seems like a great line and we have this guy complaining cause he didn't get to decide which characters are released. We all have characters we want, I'm sure we will be getting all of them. 

Complaining is part of the hobby. Everyone has a right to express their opinion. Please dont attack other people for having a different opinion, because that is worse than complaining.

On 6/26/2020 at 9:59 AM, JayC said:

Complaining is part of the hobby. Everyone has a right to express their opinion. Please dont attack other people for having a different opinion, because that is worse than complaining.

I'm not attacking.

I am expressing my opinion, Which as you just expressed I have the right to do. I like how the line is being handled. It is new and in early stages. Hasbro will progress and give us the characters we want and as you said attacking people for having a different opinion is worse than complaining, but then attack me for having a difference of opinion? alright...  I thought this forum was for toy lovers to come together and be able to have a discussion and/or disagreement. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Roni and Lenny are doing the reveals from Hasbro. They addressed that the light blue Cobra Commander was a mistakenly revealed now and would be released at a later time. However now because of the demand they are going to put it up for pre-order now. It will go up for pre-order at 1pm today until July 30th on Hasbro Pulse. The figure will be released in December.

Gung-Ho now has hair.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

• Like 1

Arctic Mission Storm Shadow will be a Amazon Exclusive going up for pre-order today at 1pm ET. Profit Destro and Storm Shadow will be out in October.

They said in the Q&A that we should see classic designs at some point. That the Classified line takes place in the near future which is why they have futuristic weapons. They all but confirmed the 3 3/4" Retro line, but nothing specific at this time. They also said working on vehicles.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

• Like 1

Welp, after seeing the video it sorta changed my mind on the 2nd wave, of course i end up looking for all of them now, I'm debating to myself if i want CC or the red ninja first.

I do certainly hope i can get to find the first wave in July 1st when i go to the market, i mostly look forward to both Scarlett and Snake eyes.

Nice they kinda confirmed a retro line, but I'll wait for further information on this one in the future and hot damn, planned vehicles, really makes me wonder which vehicle would they start with.

Last note: though i may not be that excited for the new Destro figure i do love that burning cash accessory, clever Hasbro, very clever lol.

• Thanks 1

All the new G.I. Joe Classified figures that Hasbro revealed earlier today are available for pre-order now.

The Arctic Mission Storm Shadow is available on Amazon and is due out in October.

The regular wave Dark Blue Cobra Commander, Gung-Ho and Profit Destro which is a Fan-Channel exclusive is available for pre-order at our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com. The Destro is due out in October and the others are due out in November.

Finally there is the Hasbro Pulse exclusive light blue Cobra Commander Regal Variant Action Figure. It will be available for pre-order between now and July 30. It is slated for release in December.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1