Hasbro Announces New Hi-End G.I. Joe Snake-Eyes And Cobra Commander Mask

JayC

Looks like Hasbro is going to be giving G.I. Joe the same hi-end role-play treatment they have done for other lines including Marvel Legends, Star Wars, Power Rangers and Ghostbusters.

Today they announced this new G.I. Joe Snake-Eyes mask which will be sold as a Gamestop exclusive and cost $119. There aren't many details on the mask but it will be released in October.

Snake-Eyes-01.jpg

Snake-Eyes-02.jpg

Snake-Eyes-03.jpg

The Snake Eyes helmet looks nice, the cobra Comander one doesnt look that great to me still its ok with hasbro making these items, I dont think I have space or extra money to be spending on these, but still I apreciate it for people who do collect stuff like this. 

I thought these were Hasbro but the tag at the top of the page where it should say "Hasbro" said "Geeknet, Inc." or something, so I wasn't sure. If I were Hasbro, I wouldn't be happy about that.

I think the helmets just looks kind of plain for $120. Little detail. How is the cost justified? I think they should have gone with the Snake Eyes movie helmet. This one just kind of lacks definition. Looks like a Rubie's Halloween mask - not a collector's helmet.

If I can get them on sale at some point I’ll probably get them—particularly the Cobra Commander.  How deep of a sale discount they would have to hit in order to get me to pull the trigger really depends on how I feel about them after seeing them in person

9 hours ago, GoldBlade6 said:

I think they should have gone with the Snake Eyes movie helmet. This one just kind of lacks definition. Looks like a Rubie's Halloween mask - not a collector's helmet.

I completely agree. These looks rather cheap and hardly appealing at all, or that's what I think.

On 6/25/2020 at 5:17 AM, GoldBlade6 said:

I thought these were Hasbro but the tag at the top of the page where it should say "Hasbro" said "Geeknet, Inc." or something, so I wasn't sure. If I were Hasbro, I wouldn't be happy about that.

I think the helmets just looks kind of plain for $120. Little detail. How is the cost justified? I think they should have gone with the Snake Eyes movie helmet. This one just kind of lacks definition. Looks like a Rubie's Halloween mask - not a collector's helmet.

What is the deal with it saying “Geeknet Inc”. I would have presumed it was Hasbro since they posted pics of these on their social.  Who/what is Geeknet?  

On 6/26/2020 at 2:36 PM, InspectorZartan said:

What is the deal with it saying “Geeknet Inc”. I would have presumed it was Hasbro since they posted pics of these on their social.

Nothing new here. Lots of companies parcel out their franchises. Just look at how many companies offer Marvel merchandise.

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

High end?? At first look, I thought this was one of those bobble head desk ornament toys. Even the helmet on the action figure looks more realistic and detailed. I don't see the justification in cost for this thing.

I felt the same, seriously at that price point, these better either look way better in real life, and these be prototype shots, or they gotta have some bells and whistles

16 hours ago, mako said:

Nothing new here. Lots of companies parcel out their franchises. Just look at how many companies offer Marvel merchandise.

True but Marvel isn’t a toy/collectible/merchandising/manufacturing company.  Hasbro is specifically a manufacturer of this specific type of product.  And like I said, what is throwing me off isn’t even so much that someone else is making it but that Hasbro was specifically promoting it as if it was one of their in house products.  That’s not something you typically see when it’s something purely being made by a license holder.