NECA Announces Richard Simmons Action Figure

JayC

NECA goes where no toy company has gone before by bringing us an action figure based on the popular 80's TV workout instructor Richard Simmons. This figure is part of their 8" Retro cloth figure line and is due out this Fall. Look for it to include two different headsculpts and be available for pre-order soon.

Richard-Simmons-NECA.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, sure why not? It's just another Neca figure that'll be easily obtainable in every store from here to Outer Mongolia, while it'll take 6 months, 800 gallons of gas, and a harmonic convergence of cosmic forces to even get a chance at glancing at an Animated April O'Neil set.

• Thanks 1

Looks like NECA got the scroto-shorts correct. But my question is, WHY?? Who is clamoring for a Richard Simmons figure? Who is looking at their collection and saying, "Gee, I wish I had a 1980s Richard Simmons figure." ? What's more is that if you reply to this post to say that you have been waiting years for this, how many people like you are out there? I mean wouldn't NECA need to have a certain # of units to go into production to be profitable?  I just dont get this one as it leaves me scratching my head. I can see maybe selling 50 units tops on this one.

Now I get that the NECA owner is a guy that makes figures of the things he wants and likes, so good for him that he has the means to do so. But for me as a customer and consumer of his products, there are so many more licenses out there that have much more wider appeal that have not been given the NECA or 6 inch figure treatment yet: classic battlestar galactica, lost in space, 6 million dollar man to name a few. I used to say Space1999 but that was addressed nicely by the company Sixteen 12. Heck, there have been several companies who can't even get star trek going past their first wave. I'm sure NECA could do it!

In the mean time for all you long time waiting Richard Simmons fans, congrats on your new found collection item. Perhaps a Howard Stern figure with wanking action wont be far behind?

• Thanks 1

NECA is here right now,  doing there Recons. Checking the pulse of the AF Collector. You wanted it, You got it!!!!! ....

"RICHARD SIMMONS AF"!!!!........Your not Dreaming.

Are moto at NECA; "We make it happen for you"!!!!!=^)

If NECA can do a Richard Simmons AF.....Can/Will they do????.....

The BEVERLY HILLBILLIES AF!!!!!.....Regular version and......Captain America Jethro!!! Ninja Granny!!! Clean and Dirty Versions of  Ellie May!!! Yoda Jed!!!!

Think of the possibilities!!!!!! Please hear us NECA!!!!!! =^)

• Thanks 1

So random and unexpected and from what I can tell, unrequested. This comes out of nowhere but I want it. Richard Simmons, Bob Ross, such icons from my early childhood. Whatever you have to do NECA, please, please, please secure a license to do a mister Rogers action figure ASAP.

• Thanks 1

On 6/19/2020 at 1:31 PM, 41055_1529445590 said:

So random and unexpected and from what I can tell, unrequested. This comes out of nowhere but I want it. Richard Simmons, Bob Ross, such icons from my early childhood. Whatever you have to do NECA, please, please, please secure a license to do a mister Rogers action figure ASAP.

Yeah, Mister Rogers! I'm on board with that as long as it has his action cardigan and realistic shoe laces for action bowe tying on his canvas sneakers! Oh and dont forget to throw in the trolly accessory.

Edited by Spack
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Spack said:

Yeah, Mister Rogers! I'm on board with that as long as it has his action cardigan and realistic shoe laces for action bowe trying on his canvas sneakers! Oh and dont forget to throw in the trolly accessory.

Sweeting to the oldies...

I noticed that Richard Simmons have a YouTube channel and at it have a BIG following so stop the critics because the guy still have a BIG following of people... He can sell a lot just with the amount of people that follows him.

1 hour ago, Roadpigmaster said:

Sweeting to the oldies...

I noticed that Richard Simmons have a YouTube channel and at it have a BIG following so stop the critics because the guy still have a BIG following of people... He can sell a lot just with the amount of people that follows him.

Well we were talking about Mr. Roger's in this branch of the string but that's ok.  But since you chimed in Roadpigmaster, what is your first or native language?

13 minutes ago, Spack said:

Well we were talking about Mr. Roger's in this branch of the string but that's ok.  But since you chimed in Roadpigmaster, what is your first or native language?

I know you were talking about Mr. Rogers so the comment was not intended to you but it was to other members complaining about why releasing this Figure... My mistake by quoting you and I just had put it as a general replay to this post...

I guess Mr. Rogers will be next Figure in line since there was a movie recently.

8 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

I know you were talking about Mr. Rogers so the comment was not intended to you but it was to other members complaining about why releasing this Figure... My mistake by quoting you and I just had put it as a general replay to this post...

I guess Mr. Rogers will be next Figure in line since there was a movie recently.

Take it easy. Nobody's complaining about Simmons getting a figure, he's a well known pop culture icon, has a well cultivated public image, and is just generally a positive influence. He deserves a figure AT LEAST as much as anybody else Neca has done.

I think what most of us are perplexed at is the seeming randomness of it. I thought it was weird that Bob Ross got a figure to, but I don't fault anybody for it. I legitimately wonder what made NOW the right time to do a Richard Simmons action figure. Of all the pop culture icons out there, what made them choose him?

As for Mr. Rogers, nice choice, but I think I'd rather have a Sesame Street line, humans and Muppets. Maybe a series of two-packs, each featuring one of each. I'm thinking maybe a Gina (Alison Bartlett) and Mumford the Magician, with a bunch of tiny little in scale shoe laces (trust me, you had to be there); Big Bird and Gordon (Roscoe Ormon), etc.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mako said:

Take it easy. Nobody's complaining about Simmons getting a figure, he's a well known pop culture icon, has a well cultivated public image, and is just generally a positive influence. He deserves a figure AT LEAST as much as anybody else Neca has done.

I think what most of us are perplexed at is the seeming randomness of it. I thought it was weird that Bob Ross got a figure to, but I don't fault anybody for it. I legitimately wonder what made NOW the right time to do a Richard Simmons action figure. Of all the pop culture icons out there, what made them choose him?

As for Mr. Rogers, nice choice, but I think I'd rather have a Sesame Street line, humans and Muppets. Maybe a series of two-packs, each featuring one of each. I'm thinking maybe a Gina (Alison Bartlett) and Mumford the Magician, with a bunch of tiny little in scale shoe laces (trust me, you had to be there); Big Bird and Gordon (Roscoe Ormon), etc.

I guess it should be a matter of license available at the time.

It's like NECA was able to get the Defenders of the Earth now and Boss Fight Studios were trying to get them but they got so many limitations on scale and at the end they were surprised that somebody else got the license...

59 minutes ago, Roadpigmaster said:

I guess it should be a matter of license available at the time.

It's like NECA was able to get the Defenders of the Earth now and Boss Fight Studios were trying to get them but they got so many limitations on scale and at the end they were surprised that somebody else got the license...

You see more and more of that kind of thing nowadays. Companies look for some new source of nostalgia, go after these 20, 30, 40 year-old licenses thinking they've got the inside track on a new gold mine, only to discover two or three companies going after the same thing.

Nostalgia has become a boom industry all on its own. Possibly because so much of modern pop culture sucks.

• Thanks 1

On 6/21/2020 at 8:08 AM, mako said:

Well if its muppets that you are waiting for why are you sitting around here??? Just go over to DST/ Art Asylum. They are bigtime into muppets.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Spack said:

Well if its muppets that you are waiting for why are you sitting around here??? Just go over to DST/ Art Asylum. They are bigtime into muppets.

No bueno. After Palisades showed us what THEY could do with the Muppet license, no others need apply. They were for Muppets what Neca is for Turtles or Hasbro is for Marvel.

I still kick myself for missing out on all but the Pigs in Space set.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tudortiger2000 said:

NECA never ceases to amaze and surprise me with their figure offerings. Who would've guessed this figure to ever see the light of day. I wonder what else they have in store,  probably releasing a complete set of the Golden Girls!

Pretty sure Mego just did that.

• Thanks 1