G.I. Joe Classified Cobra Commander Official Images

25 minutes ago, Satam said:

Well, that sucked.  Anybody get their order to actually go through before the thing sold out? 

I didn't try, once word came down they were only selling the dark blue one I didn't see the point. I'll just wait for when wave two goes up for pre-order everywhere at the end of the month.

• Thanks 1

I mean, I actually wanted that version.  I got stuck at checkout.  Saw on twitter a bunch of people wanted the light blue version, ordered thinking they were getting one, and then their order went through multiple times. And of course all orders are final. This was a damn mess

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Satam said:

I mean, I actually wanted that version.  I got stuck at checkout.  Saw on twitter a bunch of people wanted the light blue version, ordered thinking they were getting one, and then their order went through multiple times. And of course all orders are final. This was a damn mess

yeah I heard lots of people had tons of problems.

• Thanks 1

It kept telling me my order wasn't processed, but then I got a confirmation email. The app was a disaster with a capital D. Having the video play when people were trying to order probably just bogged down the app something fierce, along with a chat feature, which most people used to rip NTWRK. That was hilarious. I like both versions so I'm not upset about the color. It is weird that the promotional images for Cobra Commander at the new g.i. joe hasbro site is the light blue and gold version, but the toy is darker blue. I'm just glad I had a credit from the app and the fig only cost me just over $10 shipped.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This was an exscusiating experience on this awful app. It kept crashing on me and I had to re-enter my information over and over. 

So happy to hear that this was the retail version after all. I feel more at ease ordering from a reputable place like BBTS, Amazon, EE, etc.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Merchverse said:

Apparently, there is no exclusive one.

There is no confirmation of that. Its just not coming from NTWRK. My guess a light blue one will be released since we know it exists, and most likely route would be as a SDCC/Hasbro Pulse release.

• Thanks 1

Just because there continues to be confusion, this is what the Hasbro press release said and it refers to the Dark Blue one:

Hasbro has revealed Cobra Commander, leader of the global criminal organization Cobra and arch-nemesis of the elite G.I. JOE team, as the latest 6-inch action figure to join the G.I. JOE Classified Series. The Classified Series Cobra Commander Action Figure will be available through a special drop only on NTWRK on June 18, 2020 at 8PM EDT and will be available at most major toy retailers on September 15, 2020.

So this says NTWRK got first dibs on the Dark Blue CC and then everyone would get it later.

The confusion then came when NTWRK started posting images of a light blue CC. According to them on their social media this was due to Hasbro sending them a light blue sample in error. Instead of using the PR pics I guess they took their own pics and video of the sample Hasbro sent them. They went on to confirm you would get the stand dark blue one like Hasbro's original press release suggested.

Now the only mystery remains is if/how/when Hasbro will release the light blue version. Since there was a sample to send in error we can pretty safely assume there is a second figure in the works. As I see it these are the most likely 2 options:

1. Perhaps the Dark Blue is a Fan Channel like exclusive meaning it will only primarily be sold online and the light blue will be the regular version in wave 2 which means it will be online and at physical stores. This option however seems lees likely to me because the PR said Major Toy Retailers, not etailers.

2. The Dark Blue is in fact the general wave 2 release and the light blue will be released as a SDCC/Hasbro Pulse exclusive in July. This to me seems the most likely outcome.

Hopefully Hasbro will clarify things and clear up the confusion sooner rather than later. Sooner as in hopefully tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

This is BEYOND stupid. Its not like these effing idiots didn't know that for weeks, everyone thought the light blue was the one being offered on their site. There's no excuse that on the day of the sale, we suddenly find out they've been using the "wrong" picture and are so stupid they didn't know till now. And oh look, bait and switch, but even WORSE....their site is such a flustercuck that its basically unusable.

Everyone should take note and BOYCOTT anything from nutwork site. For total sheer incompetence and laziness, they don't deserve one penny from anyone. And no, we don't wanna hear any bs about unexpected consumer demand or mysterious outages on servers or alien abductions of their staff.

5 hours ago, Blackmada said:

I don't really want to not knowing what it is exactly that I would be getting. Plus up until yesterday I had never heard of this site.

Considering what a colossal sh1tstorm this "sale" has turned out to be, one cant blame you. I'm wondering if this site isn't some consumer fraud ripoff scam.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JayC said:

I didn't try, once word came down they were only selling the dark blue one I didn't see the point. I'll just wait for when wave two goes up for pre-order everywhere at the end of the month.

Ditto.  I wonder how many people never noticed that they switched images last minute and ordered anyway.  And how did this company that I’ve never heard of, that forces you to download their buggy app, and seems like they might have tried an intentional bait and switch end up getting selected by Hasbro to get an early shipment.  This whole thing just tastes bad.  

4 hours ago, InspectorZartan said:

Ditto.  I wonder how many people never noticed that they switched images last minute and ordered anyway.  And how did this company that I’ve never heard of, that forces you to download their buggy app, and seems like they might have tried an intentional bait and switch end up getting selected by Hasbro to get an early shipment.  This whole thing just tastes bad.  

There was a ton of confusion over this. Even once it was on sale they were still showing off the light blue in a video on their app as I understand it. The thing is there was no need to order this thing from them. You don't get it early, the only thing was they were allowed to start taking pre-orders for it before anyone else so basically the etailers who dedicate themselves to selling Hasbro product once again got screwed. Such a clusterf@#k.

4 hours ago, JayC said:

There was a ton of confusion over this. Even once it was on sale they were still showing off the light blue in a video on their app as I understand it. The thing is there was no need to order this thing from them. You don't get it early, the only thing was they were allowed to start taking pre-orders for it before anyone else so basically the etailers who dedicate themselves to selling Hasbro product once again got screwed. Such a clusterf@#k.

This reminds me a lot of Super 7 when they started doing the MOTU line.  Their customer service was awful and they sent products that were damaged constantly.  They did get better over the years but they I know many people still hate them.

9 hours ago, InspectorZartan said:

Personally, if I am not sure what I am going to get and there is a chance that I may be disappointed...I would wait.  If i have to pay a little more later to get the item...I am ok with that.

13 hours ago, JayC said:

Just because there continues to be confusion, this is what the Hasbro press release said and it refers to the Dark Blue one:

So this says NTWRK got first dibs on the Dark Blue CC and then everyone would get it later.

The confusion then came when NTWRK started posting images of a light blue CC. According to them on their social media this was due to Hasbro sending them a light blue sample in error. Instead of using the PR pics I guess they took their own pics and video of the sample Hasbro sent them. They went on to confirm you would get the stand dark blue one like Hasbro's original press release suggested.

Now the only mystery remains is if/how/when Hasbro will release the light blue version. Since there was a sample to send in error we can pretty safely assume there is a second figure in the works. As I see it these are the most likely 2 options:

1. Perhaps the Dark Blue is a Fan Channel like exclusive meaning it will only primarily be sold online and the light blue will be the regular version in wave 2 which means it will be online and at physical stores. This option however seems lees likely to me because the PR said Major Toy Retailers, not etailers.

2. The Dark Blue is in fact the general wave 2 release and the light blue will be released as a SDCC/Hasbro Pulse exclusive in July. This to me seems the most likely outcome.

Hopefully Hasbro will clarify things and clear up the confusion sooner rather than later. Sooner as in hopefully tomorrow.

Well...it seems like nothing but if they are having trouble and confusion just posting images well then I would worry about their customer service and fulfillment of orders.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Carlos said:

Seeing how everyone is having issues with the pre orders I'll just wait until the light blue version comes out.

The light blue version is the better one in my opinion but the dark blue version is more like hooded cobra commander.

14 hours ago, Satam said:

This would happen with Super 7 all the time when they first started.  you would put the items in your cart and then go to checkout and by the time you got there items were already sold out and then you had to update your cart and by the time you did that more items sold out and then you got NOTHING!!!!

I am so glad I didn't download the app and ordered the figure. I feel bad for anyone that wanted to get the light blue CC.This is such a debacle. Not sure why Hasbro allowed this to happen. They should have just offered the Light Blue version on Hasbro Pulse. I even so some people in Canada ordering the figure and having to pay almost $45 after shipping.

On 6/19/2020 at 11:52 AM, jsmooth said:

The light blue version is the better one in my opinion but the dark blue version is more like hooded cobra commander.

I agree, the dark blue would be great if they release him again with a hooded head version. I think the light blue fits the dome helmeted head better.

• Thanks 1

The figure is back available on NTWRK. I just picked up another one for $10.94 because I had credit. If you add code themerE4TC to your profile you get $15 credit using the app and can get the Cobra Commander shipped for $15.94, which is less than you will pay to preorder it from anywhere else on Friday.

• Thanks 1