G.I. Joe Classified Cobra Commander Official Images

5 hours ago, JayC said:

There are rumors of them doing the Pimp Daddy version of Destro which I think is lame unless it was a SDCC exclusive or something, but really dont want that taking up a spot in a regular wave.

Man....since I'm not familiar with the Joe line, I just HAD to look out for "pimp daddy" Destro...its a blast!! But even it were being made, I'd have to pass on it.

unnamed.jpg

• Thanks 1

So what is the variant? With the lifestyle product shots, I'm thinking the darker blue is the standard but who knows. I'll take either but won't pursue any exclusives.So what is the variant? With the lifestyle product shots, I'm thinking the darker blue is the standard but who knows. I'll take either but won't pursue any exclusives.

• Thanks 1

Man, I really hope they do the Crimson Guard. The Cobra Commander's uniform isn't too different so I'd think it be a tweak here and there and of course a different color....

Also, wonder if the shoulder epaulet is removable...I think the gold from the light blue uniform would look good on the darker blue. If so. guess I'd have to get both Cobras!

18926_ful.jpg

• Thanks 1

I might get both just to swap some parts down the road with other Cobra Commander figures. Depending on how easy it will be to remove gloves and boots. Even just swapping the caps might look cool.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, JayC said:

There are rumors of them doing the Pimp Daddy version of Destro which I think is lame unless it was a SDCC exclusive or something, but really dont want that taking up a spot in a regular wave.

Yeah I think destro was done good as he was though seeing some repaints of Scarlet and Duke I would very much like variant color with less gold of both of them, more classic toy looking)

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Roadpigmaster said:

The Figures look good, if they release these on the 3 3/4 inches I will get them...

I certainly would love getting new 3 3/4 figures if that were a possiblity of course, plus i admit I'm still getting into G.I.Joe series so that would be an ideal start for me on getting their figures if it they plan to do a new 3 3/4 line of course.

• Thanks 1

So I might have an update regarding this light blue variant from NTWRK (although the response I got from NTWRK was a little vague so still not sure what the takeaway is).  

I sent NTWRK a message asking if they could confirm that the version they are selling tomorrow is the light blue and gold variant as they pictured (And I attached the side by side pictures of the two different CC versions revealed just so they’d know what I was talking about.  This was the response I got today:  

Thank you for reaching out and hope you are well.

Our team is more than happy to provide you with insight into the color and description of the G.I. Joe Cobra Commander that will be dropping on NTWRK! It is understood that there are differences in the color, however, within the NTWRK app during the time of the drop there will be a disclaimer from our brand partners outlining the following:

"Product and colors may vary."

Thank you and please let us know if you have any further questions.”

So honestly I’m still uncertain after this response rather or not this is a real variant or not.  

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, InspectorZartan said:

So I might have an update regarding this light blue variant from NTWRK (although the response I got from NTWRK was a little vague so still not sure what the takeaway is).  

I sent NTWRK a message asking if they could confirm that the version they are selling tomorrow is the light blue and gold variant as they pictured (And I attached the side by side pictures of the two different CC versions revealed just so they’d know what I was talking about.  This was the response I got today:  

Thank you for reaching out and hope you are well.

Our team is more than happy to provide you with insight into the color and description of the G.I. Joe Cobra Commander that will be dropping on NTWRK! It is understood that there are differences in the color, however, within the NTWRK app during the time of the drop there will be a disclaimer from our brand partners outlining the following:

"Product and colors may vary."

Thank you and please let us know if you have any further questions.”

So honestly I’m still uncertain after this response rather or not this is a real variant or not.  

Well they don't want to let the cat get out of the bag...

4 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

Well they don't want to let the cat get out of the bag...

What cat? people are supposed to pre-order a figure from a place they have never heard from and not even know for sure what version they are getting? Its well past the time for the cat to be out of the bag. I have tried reaching out to Hasbro but they have yet to respond. They sent us the same images and info that was featured on IGN with no indication the NTWRK version would differ from the regular release version. When I asked them about the lighter blue version featured on the NTWRK site I got silence.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JayC said:

Im curious, how many plan on trying to buy Cobra Commander from this NTWRK site tonite?

I don't really want to not knowing what it is exactly that I would be getting. Plus up until yesterday I had never heard of this site.

On 6/18/2020 at 1:35 AM, iRandom said:

Looks like the cape, epaulet, belts and scabbard are all one removable piece.

I think that the gold version may look nice on the darker figure with the possible exception of the light blue scabbard. But even that may not look bad since it isn't uncommon for a scabbard to be a contrasting color.

I do hope it is removable...its a shame if you can't get the classic look

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JayC said:

If you plan on trying to purchase the G.I. Joe: Classified Cobra Commander from thentwrk.com tonite, note the version you will get is the dark blue version, not the light blue they had shown on their app.

No word yet from Hasbro on when or if the light blue version will see release.

Well seeing the artork on the box of both figures Im thinking the regular retail version is the light blue one (the colors are more in keeping with what hasbro has been doing in this line) I how the dark blue version is nos a very limited figure like the Hasbro Pulse Snake Eyes cause thats the Cobra Commander I like more, Im not too keen on how bright the other version is.

• Thanks 1

If your still confused, according to NTWRK, they had gotten a sample with light blue colors which is why that one was featured on their site, but the one you will get if you were able to order one tonite is the dark blue version which I believe is the same one that will be available everywhere in wave 2. At no point was the NTWRK version ever called an exclusive, it was only said they would have first dibs on taking pre-orders for it. Still no idea on when/if/or where the light blue will see release, possible as a SDCC exclusive but that is only a guess on my part at this point. here is where they finally clarified what you would be getting like 15 mins before it went live on their site.  https://twitter.com/NTWRKLIVE/status/1273762259278258176

• Thanks 1