G.I. Joe Classified Cobra Commander Official Images

Just in from IGN, we have new G.I. Joe Classified Cobra Commander Official Images! This figure should be part of the second wave which IGN says will be out on September 15. We have heard reports the wave will be available for pre order by the end of the month. IGN also states that the Commander will be made available early through thentwrk.com on June 18 starting at 8pm ET.

GI Joe Classified Cobra Commander (1)__scaled_800.jpg

GI Joe Classified Cobra Commander (2)__scaled_600.jpg

GI Joe Classified Cobra Commander (3)__scaled_600.jpg

GI Joe Classified Cobra Commander (4)__scaled_600.jpg

GI Joe Classified Cobra Commander (5)__scaled_600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks pretty nice. I'm debating on this one, or holding out for the napkin head. But there's also the Darth Vader looking helmet too. He's the one Joe character that has different looks I'd actually want.

• Thanks 1

I like it. Just modern enough to fit in our age, but classic enough to be recognizable.

Also, I'm not sure how ANYTHING in a world of Assault Space Shuttles, Jet Packs, Laser Rifles and Ninja Commandos can be "to sci-fi." Just sayin'.

• Thanks 1

Quite digging the look of this figure, indeed the weapons are too sci fi but i might like this one.

• Thanks 1

As a huge CC fan I like this figure but don't love it. My issue here is the included weapons, first of all he doesn't have enough, second the weapons are not realistic enough. His overall look is there with a few modern touchs.

Now we really need the hooded version.

• Thanks 1

Hasbro has brought back g.i.joe just to officially bury it! I’ve been a joe fan Since the early 80’s and this is just terrible. I’ll stick to my 80’s collection and the 25th anniversary from a few years ago.

• Thanks 1

Wonderful work. I do wish they'd give us a 360 shot of these figures though. Also looks like this should have had a soft goods cape and alternate head. But overall It looks good. As someone who's not a big GI Joe fan, I'd only planned on getting a very few figures....but now i have to expand my list! Next....I wanna see the Crimson Guard and the Baroness (oh i hope they don't give her that weak spindly body)...maybe Flint or Stalker?

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Blackmada said:

I like him. He has some similarities to Napoleon Bonaparte.

Exactly! Hence the garish trappings like the silver flintlock pistol. He's a megalomaniacal psycho in a snake-themed uniform. Everything he does is gonna be over the top.

• Thanks 1

Looks like we might be getting two versions, one with dark blue and one with a lighter more classic blue. The more Classic Blue version is the one being pictured on that NTWrk site which is said to be available for purchase on Thursday. The Dark Blue I am guessing is the regular wave 2 version.

GIJoe-Classified-Cobra-Commander-01.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Cobra-Commander-02.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Cobra-Commander-03.jpg

• Thanks 1

I kind of like aspects of both versions, The darker one looks better IMO but the scale parts on the costume kind of loose themselves with the plain black color, the brighter colored one one looks more like the classic look with the bright blue but to me he has too much gold everywhere (I also like the red stripe on the pants of the darker version, gives it an extra color), Overall I think I like the dark one better (Ill probably buy that one and give it a slight retouch with some paint, Im thinking maybe giving it a drybrush over the scaled parts of the jacket with blue similar to the "darker blue" on the "brighter version" as well as maybe painting the top part of the gauntlets and some of the details in the boots just to give it a little bit of highlight).

They should give us a variant color Scarlett and Duke too, I did read somewhere that destro would also have a gold mask version, I hope its not just the villians who get the variant colors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's kinda tough to get motivated for Cobra Commander OR some mythical "Wave 2" when Hasbro can't even seem to get Wave 1 out. The best way to sour me on any product is to tease me with new stuff when you haven't even gotten the initial stuff on shelves/in mailboxes.

Give me something to buy, THEN I'll consider buying more.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JayC said:

Looks like we might be getting two versions, one with dark blue and one with a lighter more classic blue. The more Classic Blue version is the one being pictured on that NTWrk site which is said to be available for purchase on Thursday. The Dark Blue I am guessing is the regular wave 2 version.

GIJoe-Classified-Cobra-Commander-01.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Cobra-Commander-02.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Cobra-Commander-03.jpg

Interesting... The classic version colors looks good and the other one reminds to a Pursuit of Cobra version which I have... Both are good versions for the fans collecting this new scale line!

• Like 2

Heck, what a choice i have to make here lol. Really though it almost seems like there is one thing i like i like from each one of these variants, i like the regular dark colored variant as it does make CC look more intimidating, the only thing i like on the lighter colored variant is the golden pieces, some of them anyway of course. So yeah I'm going for the regular release.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, abnuggler said:

I kind of like aspects of both versions, The darker one looks better IMO but the scale parts on the costume kind of loose themselves with the plain black color, the brighter colored one one looks more like the classic look with the bright blue but to me he has too much gold everywhere (I also like the red stripe on the pants of the darker version, gives it an extra color), Overall I think I like the dark one better (Ill probably buy that one and give it a slight retouch with some paint, Im thinking maybe giving it a drybrush over the scaled parts of the jacket with blue similar to the "darker blue" on the "brighter version" as well as maybe painting the top part of the gauntlets and some of the details in the boots just to give it a little bit of highlight).

They should give us a variant color Scarlett and Duke too, I did read somewhere that destro would also have a gold mask version, I hope its not just the villians who get the variant colors.

There are rumors of them doing the Pimp Daddy version of Destro which I think is lame unless it was a SDCC exclusive or something, but really dont want that taking up a spot in a regular wave.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

Interesting... The classic version colors looks good and the other one reminds to a Pursuit of Cobra version which I have... Both are good versions for the fans collecting this new scale line!

I dig it to, but on the same token, I can kinda see why some people are put off. Duke, Snake Eyes, Scarlet, Roadblock, even Destro; I look at these guys and think "tactical gear." These guys are ready for combat. I look at CC here with his polished metal work and crisp uniform and think "Parade Grand Master."

• Thanks 1