7" Scale King Kong Figure Announced From NECA

JayC

While many were hoping NECA would be doing product based on the upcoming Kong Vs Godzilla movie, it looks like we are getting the next best thing with the announcement they will be doing a 7" scale King Kong figure.

NECA is proud to add another kaiju to its collection. At long last King Kong will be joining NECA's action figure line!

King Kong is an original take on the classic gorilla, with super detailed hair and battle wounds across the body and head sculpts. This massive figure stands at 8" tall with over 30 points of articulation. Included with the figure are 2 heads with varied expressions, a pair of open hands, and closed fist hands.

Window box packaging with opening 5th panel front cover. Check out the images below. You can pre-order this figure from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

KIng_Kong1_(1).jpg

King Kong1.jpg

KIng_Kong2_(1).jpg

King Kong2.jpg

KIng_Kong3_(1).jpg

King Kong3.jpg

KIng_Kong4.jpg

KIng_Kong5.jpg

KIng_Kong6.jpg

KIng_Kong7.jpg

KIng_Kong8.jpg

KIng_Kong9.jpg

KIng_Kong10.jpg

• Thanks 1

Man he truly does look impressive and truly aggressive for that matter. Guess it's better to do the classic version first and then the modern version later? not sure how the phrase goes but you get what i mean.

Cool figure.  I don’t need it but maybe if I see it goes on sale or discount I might add it to my King Kong shelf.  

Not to nitpick but I’m confused by this being promoted as 7” scale.  First, King Kong is a giant so if you made one for a 7” scaled line the figure would really be several feet tall.  So then one might argue well what they meant he is “7 inches tall” not “7 inch scale” but looking at the images he looks closer to 8” so that doesn’t make sense either.  

Looks good, but he's very small.  If he had some accessories to scale with like a tiny cars, planes, or people, I think I'd like this more, but making him roughly the same size as every other NECA figure just makes Kong a pretty ordinary gorilla.