Storm Collectibles Teases 1/12 Mortal Kombat 3 Human Sub-Zero Figure

JayC

Today Storm Collectibles released this image (The image on the right side) for what appears to be the human face of Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat III. We assume this version of the character will soon be joining their 1/12 scale Mortal Kombat line. Stay-tuned for more details as they become available.

MK3-Human-Sub-Zero-00.jpg

I feel like they revealed the whole figure a while back, along with the female ninjas and Lui Kang? These figures always turn out nice so I'm excited to see the update. Although I wish the price would be a little lower.

1 hour ago, TheMikeSnyder said:

I feel like they revealed the whole figure a while back, along with the female ninjas and Lui Kang? These figures always turn out nice so I'm excited to see the update. Although I wish the price would be a little lower.

They did.  San Diego Comic Con 2018, I think.  I have photos somewhere, but they're not on this computer.  Maybe they hadn't got licensor approval yet back then.

15 minutes ago, Satam said:

They did.  San Diego Comic Con 2018, I think.  I have photos somewhere, but they're not on this computer.  Maybe they hadn't got licensor approval yet back then.

Good memory. Your right they did, at least an early prototype https://toynewsi.com/ig.php?mode=view&album=2018-SDCC%2FStorm-Collectibles&pic=Storm-Collectibles-2018-SDCC+21.jpg&dispsize=800&start=0&sl=

Storm-Collectibles-2018-SDCC 21__scaled_800.jpg

11 hours ago, lead_ronin said:

Any news on the Hokuto no Ken (Fist of the Northstar) figures?

Feel like these aren't going to happen at all!

They seem to take their time on some of these figures and licenses. They have shown alot of figures that still havent come out yet. I imagine a few things contribute to this. Covid for one has not helped anyone in the toy manufacturing, Storm is a small company from hong kong so not only is there less being made than a say a bigger company like hasbro, but their distribution is very limited and are imported. They have shown/teased but havent released Liu Kang with his dragon form, Kitana, Mileena, MKX Scorpion, Jin Kazama, Kazuya battle worn version, this sub zero, Johnny cage with daniel pesina likeness just to name a few. They also have announced but havent shown Darkstalkers Demitri Maximov and Morrigan Aensland, Evil Ryu from USF4, E honda and Juri from street fighter V, Balrog and Zangief from USF2, Kairi and skullomania, Orochi, Blue mary, Mai Shiranui, Riot of the blood Iori, geese howard all from king of fighters. They have so much on their plate, I dont know how the hell they are going to get anything out... Its weird because Kenshiro is just one character from the franchise they have. Youd think since he was essentially already done that they just do a one and done with him.

15 hours ago, Satam said:

I think they have too much on their plate and a few get pushed back to the wayside. Also im sure some licensers are wanting their stuff out sooner than others. 

5 hours ago, ghostbogey said:

Are they doing a "head swap" for Subzero?   I always favored the masked version.

What do you mean by 'head swap' subzero? There was a masked and unmasked version of subzero in ultimate mk3. They already did the masked ninja version now they are doing the unmasked ordinary joe subzero. 

19 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

They seem to take their time on some of these figures and licenses. They have shown alot of figures that still havent come out yet. I imagine a few things contribute to this. Covid for one has not helped anyone in the toy manufacturing, Storm is a small company from hong kong so not only is there less being made than a say a bigger company like hasbro, but their distribution is very limited and are imported. They have shown/teased but havent released Liu Kang with his dragon form, Kitana, Mileena, MKX Scorpion, Jin Kazama, Kazuya battle worn version, this sub zero, Johnny cage with daniel pesina likeness just to name a few. They also have announced but havent shown Darkstalkers Demitri Maximov and Morrigan Aensland, Evil Ryu from USF4, E honda and Juri from street fighter V, Balrog and Zangief from USF2, Kairi and skullomania, Orochi, Blue mary, Mai Shiranui, Riot of the blood Iori, geese howard all from king of fighters. They have so much on their plate, I dont know how the hell they are going to get anything out... Its weird because Kenshiro is just one character from the franchise they have. Youd think since he was essentially already done that they just do a one and done with him.

I think they have too much on their plate and a few get pushed back to the wayside. Also im sure some licensers are wanting their stuff out sooner than others. 

What do you mean by 'head swap' subzero? There was a masked and unmasked version of subzero in ultimate mk3. They already did the masked ninja version now they are doing the unmasked ordinary joe subzero. 

Question. one thing you said caught my eye "Covid for one has not helped anyone in the toy manufacturing, "........that's a very good point, do we know if any toy companies have been forced to shut down / lay off directly due to this? I realized I've read a bit about Mattel actually doing alright as they pivot which products they push to market, and of course there are shipping delays...but I don't know reading about anybody shutting down. Which, would be terrible, but has it occurred do you know?

1 hour ago, AdamM said:

Question. one thing you said caught my eye "Covid for one has not helped anyone in the toy manufacturing, "........that's a very good point, do we know if any toy companies have been forced to shut down / lay off directly due to this? I realized I've read a bit about Mattel actually doing alright as they pivot which products they push to market, and of course there are shipping delays...but I don't know reading about anybody shutting down. Which, would be terrible, but has it occurred do you know?

The only company that I have heard announce layoffs recently is Funko and while COVID was a reason listed, they were having issues before hand as well.

1 hour ago, JayC said:

The only company that I have heard announce layoffs recently is Funko and while COVID was a reason listed, they were having issues before hand as well.

Interesting that it's Funko of all companies, I thought they were only ever expanding their product, which I assumed to mean success.....but that's my bad assumption! I hope they can stabilize soon.

4 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

Sorry for not being more clear. The newer subzero has a "different uniform" sculpt. So....this lead me to think "head swap"...For the newer uniform subzero. I guess I can just "pop" the Ninja version and switch =^)

• Like 1

On 6/8/2020 at 9:06 PM, Satam said:

Well, I hope the final figure looks more like Sub Zero from the game and less like Antonio Sabato Jr.

Antonio SUBato Jr.

See what I did there?

On 6/9/2020 at 3:38 PM, ghostbogey said:

Sorry for not being more clear. The newer subzero has a "different uniform" sculpt. So....this lead me to think "head swap"...For the newer uniform subzero. I guess I can just "pop" the Ninja version and switch =^)

I am also sorry if I was harsh or too blunt. I was just very confused. They have always referred to the ninjas as 'palette swaps' so the head swap through me off as to what you meant since they are the same character but in different outfits. So im guessing you are wanting to do something like this? 

spacer.png

• 1 month later...

He looks alright, was never my favorite version of him from the games but his accessories are going to be what really sells him for me. Sub Zero is my favorite character from the series and sadly this was my least favorite of his looks. 

This is not my favorite look for him, never cared for the suspenders. It also reminds me of how after I loved MK2, MK3 left with me a meh feeling. As for the figure,  I don't know if it's the posing but the head looks disproportionate in comparison with the rest of the body.

• 3 months later...
Storm Collectibles has released official images and details for their unmasked Mortal Kombat 1/12 scale Sub-Zero figure.

The ninja returns- unmasked. Betrayed by his own clan, the Lin Kuei, he broke sacred codes of honor by leaving his clan and is marked for death. But unlike the ninja of old, his pursuers come as machines. He must not only defend himself against the Outworld menace, but he must also elude his soulless assassins.

Features:
2 x Interchanging Head Sculpt
4 x Interchanging Pairs of Hand
2 x Ice Shower Effect
1 x Ice Clone with Blood Effect
2 x Broken Arms / Legs
5 x Broken Bones
1 x Blood Effect

Estimated release date: Q1 2021

Sub-Zero-Unmasked-09.jpg

Sub-Zero-Unmasked-03.jpg

Sub-Zero-Unmasked-04.jpg

Sub-Zero-Unmasked-05.jpg

Sub-Zero-Unmasked-06.jpg

Sub-Zero-Unmasked-07.jpg

Sub-Zero-Unmasked-08.jpg

Sub-Zero-Unmasked-10.jpg

Sub-Zero-Unmasked-11.jpg

Sub-Zero-Unmasked-12.jpg

Sub-Zero-Unmasked-13.jpg

Sub-Zero-Unmasked-14.jpg

Sub-Zero-Unmasked-15.jpg

Sub-Zero-Unmasked-16.jpg

Sub-Zero-Unmasked-17.jpg

Sub-Zero-Unmasked-18.jpg

Sub-Zero-Unmasked-19.jpg

Sub-Zero-Unmasked-20.jpg

Sub-Zero-Unmasked-21.jpg

Sub-Zero-Unmasked-22.jpg

Sub-Zero-Unmasked-23.jpg

Sub-Zero-Unmasked-24.jpg

The figure is kind of ugly, has been altered from what we once saw so that it doesnt really resemble the original actor and I have never really been much of a fan of this look for subby but those accessories are amazing! What a clever set of accessories. 

On 6/9/2020 at 6:11 AM, TheMikeSnyder said:

yeah... the pricing is just crazy. Though I think this'll look really great. Humanizes the character without the mask. Smart move!

5 hours ago, Belmont13 said:

That Sub Zero does not look good, the accessories though, especially the fatality ones, are really neat.

I m pretty sure they either lost the likeness rights of John Turk or they decided to take it a different direction. The first proto they showed looked great. This is my least favorite look for Subby so definitely not my bag but man those accessories are clever. 

• Like 1