New Top Gun Transformers Mash-Up Revealed?!?

JayC

Thanks to these images that showed up on weibo.com, we have a look at what appears to be a Top Gun Transformers mash-up figure coming from Hasbro. It appears to go from F-14 fighter jet to a bot named Maverick.

Since Hasbro isn't the master license holder for Top Gun products, this makes for an unexpected reveal but Paramount does have a new Top Gun movie coming out as well as working on several Transformers projects, so from that stand-pont I guess the mash-up makes sense.

No details on where or how this will be released, perhaps as one of Hasbro's SDCC exclusives this year??? We will update you once more details are made available and of course until Hasbro actually confirms it we will also treat it as rumor.

TF-Top-Gun-01.jpg

TF-Top-Gun-02.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Hasbro has released official images for their upcoming Top Gun x Transformers Maverick. The preorders for the figure begin today at 10 am PT today, with an MSRP of $49.99 USD.

The new robot Maverick is a classic F-14 Tomcat in alt-mode and a volleyball-playing Naval aviator in robot mode. Seriously: one of Maverick's included accessories is a volleyball, for complete beach action. Maverick comes with two extra hands for beach volleyball and a "screen-inspired miniature motorcycle accessory."

Check out the high-resolution gallery below to see Maverick in both bot and alt-modes, as well as packaging and logo.

The helmet is based on the design from the upcoming Top Gun: Maverick movie, so it spans time to create a cohesive bond between the Top Gun and Transformers of the 1980s and the newest trend of Transformers/80s property mash-ups.

Topgun-Transformers-01.jpg

Topgun-Transformers-02.jpg

Topgun-Transformers-03.jpg

Topgun-Transformers-04.jpg

Topgun-Transformers-05.jpg

Topgun-Transformers-06.jpg

Topgun-Transformers-07.jpg

Topgun-Transformers-08.jpg

Topgun-Transformers-09.jpg

Topgun-Transformers-10.jpg

Topgun-Transformers-11.jpg

Topgun-Transformers-12.jpg

Topgun-Transformers-13.jpg

Topgun-Transformers-14.jpg

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Darth_Primus said:

I just preordered it.  So much easier to get than the Back to the Future figure. 

Yeah but keep in mind that initial run at Walmart was limited to 1985. When it see a more general release in Oct it should be much easier to get.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Goldbug said:

this seems like the wrong crossover

G.I. Joe would have been better they already have the Skystriker mold to do it

Agreed, the arms and legs don't look right, so skinny? the head is the only blue colored piece.

I feel like the Ghostbusters and BTTF ones caught my eye more because a) I’m more of a fan of those films but also b) those are both unique and icon vehicles.  This on the other hand is just a standard plane that turns into a robot.  Take it out of the package and no one would know this is Top Gun.