NECA's Third Wave Of Target Exclusive TMNT Animated Series Wave Listed Online

JayC

Yeah, I read about the delay this morning on Neca's facebook page. Now they say next month . . . of course they said that last month.

Why is it those rare times I find myself with a little extra folding money, I can't find the stuff I want to buy to save my life.

• Thanks 1

Im pretty sure its juts a matter of logistics and shippings/customs for the delay but Im kind of wishing that Neca decided to holt these figures to fix the april headsculpt since its been getting a lot of hate because of how big and round it is.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MutantEquality said:

Everybody keeps talking about April’s head is too big and I don’t see it. Looks great to me. Maybe it’s the hair?

It looks fine to me to, but if they don't wanna buy it, awesome. That'll just make it that much easier for me to find one.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Satam said:

Her head isn't too big.  Her body is too small.  @zelu1984  posted comparison pics on Instagram a while ago demonstrating it.

Thank you for this. I looked and saw the post and I’ll just say it’s really close. I looked up some cartoon height comparisons and April should be around shredders shoulder so I really want to see in person before judging.  

A71507A4-221E-4C59-90DA-2782A31A1606.jpeg

DDEA3A35-E623-4FE0-B79A-9831610DCD35.jpeg

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MutantEquality said:

Thank you for this. I looked and saw the post and I’ll just say it’s really close. I looked up some cartoon height comparisons and April should be around shredders shoulder so I really want to see in person before judging.  

A71507A4-221E-4C59-90DA-2782A31A1606.jpeg

DDEA3A35-E623-4FE0-B79A-9831610DCD35.jpeg

I get what you're trying to say, but the height comparison you're using isn't even FROM the original series. You might as well be trying to make your point using the Nick show's characters.

In any case, my only bug-a-boo with this wave are the Foot Soldiers. I get WHY they did it, I just dislike these type figures. I don't need battle damaged, screaming, or figures showing their powers. Just give me a good figure, lots of articulation, and a static expression. I'll provide the special effects myself.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mako said:

I get what you're trying to say, but the height comparison you're using isn't even FROM the original series. You might as well be trying to make your point using the Nick show's characters.

In any case, my only bug-a-boo with this wave are the Foot Soldiers. I get WHY they did it, I just dislike these type figures. I don't need battle damaged, screaming, or figures showing their powers. Just give me a good figure, lots of articulation, and a static expression. I'll provide the special effects myself.

I won’t post pics because you’re right, the height vary slightly from scene to scene but after watching a little 89 turtles (which was awesome) she could be a touch taller. But just a touch. Top of the turtle head to April’s mouth. 
And about the foot soldiers, these like they are gonna be a pain to find so you could always sell them on eBay and keep the original foot. Someone for snatch them up in a hot second. 

• Thanks 1

People keep focusing on April's head, but to move further south for a moment, does she even HAVE any knee articulation? Casey's got it, Leatherhead and Slash have it, but if April's knees are articulated at all it must be the most well hidden joints I've ever (NOT) seen.

• Thanks 1

On 6/29/2020 at 1:35 AM, mako said:

People keep focusing on April's head, but to move further south for a moment, does she even HAVE any knee articulation? Casey's got it, Leatherhead and Slash have it, but if April's knees are articulated at all it must be the most well hidden joints I've ever (NOT) seen.

Yeah it’s looking pretty well hidden but if you zoom in on the Knees you can see the joint cuts for the double hinge knees.  

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, InspectorZartan said:

Yeah it’s looking pretty well hidden but if you zoom in on the Knees you can see the joint cuts for the double hinge knees.  

I have no doubt you're correct, but I've zoomed in as far as I could go, and I couldn't see 'em.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, mako said:

I have no doubt you're correct, but I've zoomed in as far as I could go, and I couldn't see 'em.

If it helps here is a zoom in where I traced the cut lines with red and point to the hinge.  

A6D1C874-3579-4C7A-8F22-8DBD2F7208E2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, mako said:

And here it is not traced for comparison

9B12ABFC-DEAA-4AD4-9A39-393BA855FBC0.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

NECA has released final package shots for their third wave of TMNT Animated Series Target Exclusive figures which includes Casey Jones, April O'Neil, Leatherhead, Slash, and the Foot Clan. These are now slated with a mid-July release date.

00-TMNT-Wave-3-Final-Package-01.jpg

00-TMNT-Wave-3-Final-Package-02.jpg

00-TMNT-Wave-3-Final-Package-03.jpg

00-TMNT-Wave-3-Final-Package-04.jpg

00-TMNT-Wave-3-Final-Package-05.jpg

00-TMNT-Wave-3-Final-Package-06.jpg

00-TMNT-Wave-3-Final-Package-07.jpg

00-TMNT-Wave-3-Final-Package-08.jpg

00-TMNT-Wave-3-Final-Package-09.jpg

00-TMNT-Wave-3-Final-Package-10.jpg

00-TMNT-Wave-3-Final-Package-11.jpg

00-TMNT-Wave-3-Final-Package-12.jpg

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JayC said:

NECA has released final package shots for their third wave of TMNT Animated Series Target Exclusive figures which includes Casey Jones, April O'Neil, Leatherhead, Slash, and the Foot Clan. These are now slated with a mid-July release date.

00-TMNT-Wave-3-Final-Package-01.jpg

00-TMNT-Wave-3-Final-Package-02.jpg

00-TMNT-Wave-3-Final-Package-03.jpg

00-TMNT-Wave-3-Final-Package-04.jpg

00-TMNT-Wave-3-Final-Package-05.jpg

00-TMNT-Wave-3-Final-Package-06.jpg

00-TMNT-Wave-3-Final-Package-07.jpg

00-TMNT-Wave-3-Final-Package-08.jpg

00-TMNT-Wave-3-Final-Package-09.jpg

00-TMNT-Wave-3-Final-Package-10.jpg

00-TMNT-Wave-3-Final-Package-11.jpg

00-TMNT-Wave-3-Final-Package-12.jpg

They all look awesome...

I was really waiting for April and Casey but Im less excited about how the final product of April is, still cant get over how disproportionated and not that acurate the head is.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, InspectorZartan said:

And here it is not traced for comparison

9B12ABFC-DEAA-4AD4-9A39-393BA855FBC0.jpeg

Okay, I see the problem now. I was looking at the pictures from the Target web-site. They don't have the knee joints at all. I never even thought to track down the actual publicity shots. I can see the joints without zooming. Talk about a brain-fart.

Thanks for the course correction.

• Thanks 1