DC's Stargirl - 1.03 'Icicle' Preview Images, Synopsis, Promo & Character Promo Posters

Outsiders

After a dangerous confrontation with a member of the Injustice Society of America, Pat (Luke Wilson) warns Courtney (Brec Bassinger) to back down from her attempts to go after them. But when she encounters what she believes to be a message from one of them, she urges Pat to help her. Meanwhile, Barbara (Amy Smart) makes strides at work, which impresses her new boss Jordan (Neil Jackson).

Yvette Monreal, Anjelika Washington, Trae Romano, Christopher James Baker, Meg DeLacy and Hunter Sansone also star.

Michael Nankin directed the episode written by Colleen McGuinness (#103).

Original Airdate: 6/2/2020

stargirl_dc_ver4_xlg.jpg

stargirl_dc_ver5_xlg.jpg

stargirl_dc_ver6_xlg.jpg

stargirl_dc_ver7_xlg.jpg

stargirl_dc_ver8_xlg.jpg

stargirl_dc_ver9_xlg.jpg

stargirl_dc_ver10_xlg.jpg

stargirl_dc_ver11_xlg.jpg

stargirl_dc_ver12_xlg.jpg

STG103a_0369b.jpg

STG103b_BTS_0413rb.jpg

STG103b_BTS_0457b.jpg

STG103c_0043br.jpg

• Like 1

I have enjoyed this show so far, and yes, Wildcat looks like she's wearing her dad's old mask. They really need to fix that. All the rest look great though. I guess that Dr. Midnight is her friend from the lunchroom. Her mom's a doctor, nice. Question: Who is the butthole guy that was mean to stargirls mom at the PTA meeting and was talking to Icicle at the end of the last episode? I know he's a villain but cant place him in the comics.

It looks like that entire group Courtney sits with in the cafeteria is going to become the new JSA.
And the guy that was a jerk to Courtney's mom and was talking to Icicle in the end is Steven Sharpe, the Gambler.  I wasn't super familiar with him, either, and had to look him up.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2020 at 2:25 PM, Satam said:

First episode not written by Geoff Johns.  I don't expect this one to be as good as the first two episodes, but Colleen McGuinness previously wrote for 30 Rock and Forever, so I'm hopeful.

I was right to be wary.  That got cheesy really fast.  Also, that shitty "Cobrastyle" song?  Really?  It's been ten or eleven years since that was in every other thing, so it was time to try again, or what? Yikes.

Wow already on 3rd episode?! Some of these costumes look goofy as hell. Wildcat specifically. 

Weird thing.  So...SPOILERS (kind of)...

Courtney goes to the JSA headquarters toward the end of the episode and there are individual banners with pictures of the deceased JSA members, including Alan Scott Green Lantern, Jay Garrick Flash, and Rick Tyler Hourman which were based on Alex Ross's covers down to the poses, costumes, and lighting.   Alex seems pretty pissed on social media today that he didn't get credit.  Seems like a tough situation, because while his cover art obviously inspired the banners, they used photos of actors/models instead of using his artwork directly.  Also, it was only those three.