McFarlane Toys Announces They Are Doing Product For The New Dune Movie

JayC

While not a lot of specific details have been made available, McFarlane Toys has announced that they have obtained the rights to make product based on the upcoming Denis Villeneuve’s Dune movie coming in December from Warner Bros.

What is not entirely clear is if McFarlane can, or has any plans to also release product based on the original 1984 movie. Even if the license allows them to make product based on the original Dune movie, my guess they will primarily focus on the new one. At least starting out. We will update this story when more details become available.

McFarlane-Toys-Dune.jpg

• Thanks 1

The release date is December 18th, 2020 for the movie unless it gets delayed cause of the Virus.

McFarlane hasn't shown any prototypes... So if he shows them at ToyFair 2021 then we might see the release of these figures sometimes by the Fall/Winter of 2021 which makes it a whole year after the movies release.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Spack said:

How about McFarlaine getting on with the licenses THEY ALREADY HAVE!?!?. I seem to remember them getting a little license called STAR TREK! Not sure what happened to that.

I think I saw Todd say over on Instagram (?) that his company no longer has the license.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Satam said:

I think I saw Todd say over on Instagram (?) that his company no longer has the license.

They havent officially said, but whether they have it still or not they are not currently doing any product for it.

• Thanks 1

On 5/13/2020 at 6:35 PM, Outsiders said:

The release date is December 18th, 2020 for the movie unless it gets delayed cause of the Virus.

McFarlane hasn't shown any prototypes... So if he shows them at ToyFair 2021 then we might see the release of these figures sometimes by the Fall/Winter of 2021 which makes it a whole year after the movies release.

Is that movie animated or live action?

Should be interesting to see their take on the characters. I'm very excited about the film as I live the director, but I'm worried it's going to be an uphill battle with getting a big audience in for such a hard sci-fi film. His Blade Runner was fantastic, but still struggled with box office numbers.

• Thanks 1

I know I tend to be in the minority but I always thought the original Dune movie was long and boring. Granted I was young when it came out so I might have a better appreciation for it if I rewatched it today.

• Thanks 1