Counting Down To 40 Of The NECA TMNT Animated Series Figures

JayC

Randy Falk from NECA Toys recently said in an interview that he thought we would see the release of 40 different figures by the end of the year for their Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Animated series line. Because of that, we thought it would be fun to compile a list of all the figures we know about, and see how close we are to that 40 number.

We are going to assume Randy wasn't including the original SDCC exclusive figures that were later released in the Target waves, or the re-issue of the Shredder and Krang figures that were originally offered in wave 1, and then released in a new 2-pack. We will count all the figures in wave 2, even though all but two were repaints of figures from wave 1.

Based on what we know, we don't quit get to 40 yet, but we assume NECA has a few more unknown surprises in store for us between now and the end of the year.

So lets start off with the figures that have already been released in the first two Target store exclusive waves.

NECA-TMNT-Wave-1__scaled_600.jpg

Wave 1: Michelangelo & FOOT Soldier, Donatello & Krang, Leonardo & Shredder, Raphael & Foot Soldier

NECA-TMNT-Wave-2__scaled_600.jpg

Wave 2: Bebop & Rocksteady, Raphel & Michelangelo, Leonardo & Donatello, FOOT Solider 1 & FOOT Soldier 2

That bring the total up to 16 figures. Now lets look at the figures we know are coming for waves 3 and 4. Wave 3 is slated for release in late June and wave 4 will be out shortly after that.

NECA-TMNT-Wave-3__scaled_600.jpg
Wave 3: April O'Neil & Bashed FOOT Soldier, Casey Jones & Slashed FOOT Soldier, Leatherhead and Slash

NECA-TMNT-Wave-4__scaled_600.jpg

Wave 4: Splinter & Baxter Stockman, Granitor & Traag, Roadkill Rodney & Triceraton-Soldier

NECA-TMNT-Wave-5__scaled_600.jpg
That bring our total up to 28 figures. Now Wave 5 which Randy said would be out by the end of the year has yet to be revealed, but they did show off at Toy Fair Triceraton Captain Zorax and Zork, so we are going to assume those will make up at least two figures in that wave.

That bring us to 30 figures. Now besides the regular 2-packs coming to Target, NECA has announced the release of 3 different Deluxe figures for this year that will around cost $30 each.

Deluxe Metalhead
NECA-TMNT-Ultimate-Metalhead__scaled_600.jpg

Deluxe FOOT Soldier with multiple heads, hands and accessories
NECA-TMNT-Ultimate-FOOT-Soldier__scaled_600.jpg
Deluxe Krang with Android Body
NECA-TMNT-Ultimate-Krang-Android-Body__scaled_600.jpg

That brings the total figures being released to 33. Now the Deluxe Krang is also coming with a mini Baby Shredder figure which we are not counting as a separate figure, though I guess technically it could considered as such.

We also know that NECA is releasing figures of Rocksteady and Bebop in bunny costumes through Lootcrate. No images of those have been released at this time.

So that brings the total up to 35 figures. We can assume wave 5 will at least have 4 more figures in it, which would bring the total to 39. NECA also recently teased a big priced item was coming to Target around the holidays that would cost in the neighborhood of $100, so that may include the 40th figure. Check out more images below for all the figures shown here, and we will update you as more stuff is revealed in the coming days.

00.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Ultimate-FOOT-Soldier.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Ultimate-FOOT-Soldier-01.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Ultimate-FOOT-Soldier-02.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Ultimate-FOOT-Soldier-03.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Ultimate-FOOT-Soldier-04.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Ultimate-FOOT-Soldier-05.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Ultimate-Krang-Android-Body.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Ultimate-Krang-Android-Body-01.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Ultimate-Krang-Android-Body-02.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Ultimate-Krang-Android-Body-03.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Ultimate-Krang-Android-Body-04.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Ultimate-Metalhead.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Ultimate-Metalhead-01.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Ultimate-Metalhead-02.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Ultimate-Metalhead-03.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Ultimate-Metalhead-04.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Ultimate-Metalhead-05.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Wave-1.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Wave-2.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Wave-2-01.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Wave-2-02.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Wave-2-03.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Wave-2-04.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Wave-3.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Wave-3-April-vs-Bashed-Foot-01.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Wave-3-April-vs-Bashed-Foot-02.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Wave-3-Casey-vs-Slashed-Foot-01.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Wave-3-Casey-vs-Slashed-Foot-02.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Wave-3-Leatherhead-And-Slash-01.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Wave-3-Leatherhead-And-Slash-02.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Wave-4.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Wave-4-Baxter-and-Splinter-01.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Wave-4-Baxter-and-Splinter-02.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Wave-4-Granitor-and-Traag-01.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Wave-4-Granitor-and-Traag-02.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Wave-4-Roadkill-Rodney-and-Triceraton-Soldier-01.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Wave-4-Roadkill-Rodney-and-Triceraton-Soldier-02.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Wave-5.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Wave-5-Triceraton-Captain-Zorax-01.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Wave-5-Triceraton-Zork-01.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CCain said:

That's a lot of figures and a lot of money. Still having trouble finding any TMNT stuff at Target though. Distribution is awful.

I agree its a shame the distribution is so bad (I dont know if its really distribution or scalpers that are really hitting this line so hard) but its very hard to find these figures.

Im hoping they get to Usagi, Rat King, Ace Duck, Chrome Dome and the Punk Frogs soon.

• Thanks 1

Couldn't see some the pictures or the end of the article due to ads (that's good web design right there), but without counting the Zoo-Robot or Kid Shredder I count 36. Not quite 40, but close enough for government work.

• Thanks 1

I can't wait until these come out.  I preordered Wave 3 and Metalhead from Zavvi (the US site), but I heard that they will no longer be having the cartoon line (or the movie line) for preorder anymore.  Since they are Target/Walmart exclusives in the US, and the US version of the site is considered US, I think they removed all of them.  So, I won't be able to count on them for future waves :(.  

• Thanks 1

Always found these figures not my personal taste, I made the decision to collect the 90's Movie Turtle figures figures over these, but alot of the time I have a hard to being okay with that decision when you see how awesome so many of these figures are Like granitor and tragg, and the triceratons.. damn , but alas I shall still say no

• Thanks 1

I have the original 8 I purchased at SDCC when they came with the exclusive collectors case.  Saw those first 8 in their retail packaging on a Target shelf only once—that was fine since I didn’t need them.  Didn’t need the 6 repaints/repacks although again, only ever saw them in one Target out of several that I frequented.  Never saw Bebop and Rocksteady.  It’s a real shame as these are such great figures but it’s hard to get excited about a line getting 40 super cool figures when all of them thus far have been very elusive and the two I personally want have yet to be found.  

• Thanks 1