A Toy Store Near You Official Trailer

JayC

The Nacelle Company will debut A Toy Store Near You, a docuseries filmed and released during the COVID 19 Pandemic that takes viewers inside independent toy stores across the country and the world, starting on May 29th via Amazon Prime, YouTube and many other content destinations. New episodes will be released as they are ready in a release pattern designed to prioritize speed over designated seasons.

A deep dive into one of the quirkiest and tightest-knit parts of the pop culture community, its 50 episodes are as much a snapshot of small businesses in America during one of the hardest times in the history of the country as it is a look at the wonder and joy of the toy stores and people behind them.

Created with self-filmed footage from toy store owners and employees from across the globe (US, The Netherlands, Canada, Taiwan, Japan, and The UK), the show is a compelling look at the nostalgia-and-plastic world of each individual shop, the stores’ histories, the unique personalities that run them, the resurgence in the indie toy community, and how these stores are trying to survive while closed due to the pandemic.

A Toy Store Near You will feature stores that are still operating under legal guidelines during the health crisis- some running under an online storefront and others that have opted to provide curbside delivery only. The first episode will feature Billy Galaxy Toys in Portland, Oregon, one of the premiere toy stores in the country. The majority of the proceeds from the show will go back to each store that is featured. Nacelle conceived of and began production on the series early in the crisis to provide vital relief for this hard-hit segment of America's small business community.

A Toy Store Near You was created by Brian Volk-Wess (Founder and CEO of The Nacelle Company), who also created and produced Netflix’s The Toys That Made Us, and The Movies That Made Us, as well as Disney+'s Behind The Attraction and Netflix's Kevin Hart's Guide to Black History. Cisco Henson and Rich Mayerik executive produced.

Toy Stores to be Featured in A Toy Store Near You

1313 Mocking Bird LN - Lawrence, KS

Andy's Toys- St. Louis, MO

Atomic Age Artifacts: Antique & Collectible Mall- Wildwood, FL

Big Redhead Vintage Toys- Tampa, FL

Billy Galaxy- Portland, OR

Black Cat Comics and Toys- Burbank, CA

Blast From The Past Toys and Collectibles- Burbank, CA

BobaKhan Toys - Everett, Washington

Bric-A-Brac Records and Collectables- Chicago, IL

Cherry Bomb Toys- Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Chicaca 2.0- Taipei, Taiwan

Dr. Tongue's I Had That Shoppe- Portland, OR

Empire Toys- Keller, TX

Eternia Dreams- Taneytown, MD

The Fan Fortress- Tulsa, OK

Farpoint Toys and Collectable- Mays Landing, NJ

House of Plastik - Cincinnati, OH

I&S Vintage- Los Angeles, CA

Imperial Castle Toy Shop- Pawling, NY

Jayden's Toys- Lewisville, TX

Kelly's Toy Stop- Huntington Beach, CA

Kokomo Toys and Collectables- Kokomo, IN

Leicester Vintage & Old Toy Shop -Leicester, United Kingdom

Paul's Toy Room- Parlin, NJ

RetroTV Toys -St. Louis, MO

ROBOTROBOT -Nakano City,Tokyo, Japan

Rogue Toys- Las Vegas, NV

S.M.
A.S.H. Toys - Chicago, IL

South Louisville Antique & Toy Mall- Louisville, KY

Spiral Toys- Shibuya City, Tokyo, Japan

Super7 (Promotional Sponsor)- San Francisco, CA

?Super Happy Incredible Toys- Houston, TX

The Batcave Comics and Toys- Santa Rosa, CA

The Gnarly Toy Box- Lakewood, CO

Tardys Collectors Corner- Grand Rapids, MI

Totally Rad Toy House- Nashville, TN

The Toy Box- Glendale, AZ

The Toy Department- Cincinnati, OH

Time Capsule Toys- Girard, OH

Toy and Comic Heaven- Willow Grove, Pennsylvania

the Toyboys- Haarlem, Netherlands

The Toy Drop- Indianapolis, IN

Toy de Jour- Chicago, IL

Toy Fusion- Sacramento, CA

Toy Stable- Tacoma, WA

Toys From The Past- Lincoln, NE

We Can Be Heroes - Chatsworth, CA

Hows is it they made it to Florida and did not include WORLD award winning Tates Comics in Fort Lauderdale or Acme Superstore in Longwood, FL or Emerald City Toys in Pinellas County, FL.???

11 minutes ago, Spack said:

Hows is it they made it to Florida and did not include WORLD award winning Tates Comics in Fort Lauderdale or Acme Superstore in Longwood, FL or Emerald City Toys in Pinellas County, FL.???

I have no idea how they went about picking which toy stores to feature or what criteria they used.

Well if Toys that made us intrigued my attention i don't see why not watch this show, even having being made during covid-19? heck i am kinda surprised by that one, if i am not mistaken

15 hours ago, Spack said:

Tates is amazing. Past Present Future on West Palm is pretty sick too. Always hit those when I visit relatives in FL. Toy Vault in Attleboro MA is my hometown store tho. Love them. 

Tates would be the closest one to me. I used to travel a lot so when I had extra time I would go to see which cities had the best stores in the genre. Have not gotten up MA way in a long time. I have been to PPF in West Palm. They are nice but they are typical of the type of store I have been to accross the nation but maybe just a bit bigger. TATES takes it to the next level. The other two I mentioned in FL are on the same level as Tates in terms of amount of product, floor space and variety. I would not miss them either if you come back down. Emerald is over Tampa way and Acme is outside of Orlando.

19 hours ago, K9K1N6 said:

Well if Toys that made us intrigued my attention i don't see why not watch this show, even having being made during covid-19? heck i am kinda surprised by that one, if i am not mistaken

I am pretty sure I remember hearing about this show was being worked on before Covid hit, but they do seemed to have added a Covid twist to it.

• Like 1