Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Announces 'Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath'

Outsiders

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announced Mortal Kombat™ 11: Aftermath, a new expansion for the hit videogame Mortal Kombat 11, the best-selling title in franchise history that was named Fighting Game of the Year at the 2019 D.I.C.E. Awards. Set for a global release on digital first on May 26th and developed by award-winning NetherRealm Studios, Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath expands the critically acclaimed story campaign with an all-new, cinematic narrative centred around trust and deceit. The Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath expansion will be available on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, PlayStation®4 Pro computer entertainment system, the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X, Nintendo Switch™ system, PC and Stadia.*

The epic saga continues in Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath, as Fire God Liu Kang, the new keeper of time and protector of Earthrealm, must now enlist the help of unlikely allies and familiar foes to forge a new history as the fate of two worlds hang in the balance. Adding to the growing roster of playable fighters, the new expansion features the triumphant return of Fujin, the God of Wind who serves as Earthrealm’s protector alongside his brother Raiden, and Sheeva, the four-armed, half-human and half-dragon queen of the ancient Shokan race. RoboCop, the iconic, highly advanced cybernetic police officer will make his first appearance in the franchise, continuing the pedigree of popular Mortal Kombat guest fighters. RoboCop in Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath features the voice and likeness of actor Peter Weller, who portrayed the popular character in both the original “RoboCop” (1987) film and “RoboCop 2” (1990) sequel. Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath will also include three new character skin packs to be released over time.

Additionally, all Mortal Kombat 11 owners will have access to new Stages, including the return of the Klassic Dead Pool and Soul Chamber arenas, accompanied by Stage Fatalities, the fan-favourite finishing moves that use the environment to destroy opponents, and the popular Friendships feature from the ‘90s, which allows players to take down their adversaries with a hint of kindness. These features will be available as a free content update in conjunction with the Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath release.

“Our fans have really enjoyed the story campaign in Mortal Kombat, and we’re happy to continue the narrative and add new characters to the roster with Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath,” said Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios. “In addition, Friendships and Stage Fatalities are being added as part of the free content update for all Mortal Kombat 11 players. Both are fan-favourite features that we’re excited to finally bring back to the franchise.”

New players can join the fight with the Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath Kollection, featuring all characters, story content and game modes in one ultimate package. This compilation includes Mortal Kombat 11 along with all content from Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath and the previously released Kombat Pack, containing six downloadable content (DLC) characters – Shang Tsung, Nightwolf, Sindel, Terminator T-800, The Joker and Spawn – plus 25 additional character skins. The Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath Kollection can be pre-ordered now* with digital preorders offering immediate access to Mortal Kombat 11 and the Kombat Pack upon purchase. The physical version will be available this June in the Americas only.

Those who have already purchased Mortal Kombat 11 can preorder the Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath expansion now.  All preorders will receive the Eternal Klash Skin Pack at launch, featuring three new character skin variants – “Unbound Rage” Scorpion inspired by Mortal Kombat (2011), “Son of Arctika” Sub-Zero inspired by Mortal Kombat: Deception and “Kori Power” Frost, a Klassic version of the Lin Kuei warrior.

Mortal Kombat 11 is the latest instalment in the critically acclaimed franchise, providing a deeper and more personalized experience than ever before. The best-selling title is packed to the brim with multiple features and modes for all players, including the Story mode, Custom Character Variation System, Towers of Time, Kombat League, The Krypt and the signature roster of returning and franchise-first fighters, all equipped with powerful Krushing Blows and unique Fatalities that display devastatingly brutal cinematic visuals.

MK11_Aftermath_Eternal Klash Skin Pack.jpg

MK11_Aftermath_SheevaRobocopFujin.jpg

MK11_Aftermath_Story.jpg

MK11_Friendship_Kano.jpg

MK11_StageFatality_DeadPool.jpg

MKA_Fujin_ShangTsung.jpg

MKA_Fujin_ShangTsung2.jpg

MKA_Robocop.jpg

MKA_Sheeva_Robocop.jpg

MKA_Sheeva1.jpg

MKA_Sheeva2.jpg

MORTAL KOMBAT 11_ AFTERMATH_KEY ART.jpg

A few things:
-I don't like people trying to make "architect" a verb.

-The dubstep (that's what it is, right?) in the trailer sucks.

-Peter Weller's voice sounded too high.  If his voice has changed because he's 72, then just WB should have just altered it digitally to make it sound more like he did in the '80s and '90s...or at least deepen it.  Shouldn't have been difficult.

-The story clip was pretty badass

-I've been waiting a long time for them to bring back Scorpion's MK9 costume.  If they do the same with Noob Saibot, I might even forget about the continuing lack of Reptile as a playable character and Peter Weller's high voice.  If they brought back Scorpions MK9 mask, too, and it's just not used in the picture for some reason, I might even forget about Ronda Rousey's crap voice acting.  Maybe.

On 5/7/2020 at 12:47 AM, Satam said:

I've been waiting a long time for them to bring back Scorpion's MK9 costume.  If they do the same with Noob Saibot, I might even forget about the continuing lack of Reptile as a playable character and Peter Weller's high voice.  If they brought back Scorpions MK9 mask, too, and it's just not used in the picture for some reason, I might even forget about Ronda Rousey's crap voice acting.  Maybe.

Few things, they had his mk9 costume in mkx as well as his amazing injustice one but im sure you mean including it in mk11 and not just the idea of bringing it back outside of mk9. They have noobs mask from mk9 already in mk11 and I feel like hes got a similar vibe in some of his costumes already in but its entirely plausible they ll do that since they have the mask.(or rather one would hope). Its entirely possible that Reptile is coming back as its rumored we are getting at least 2 more kombat pass/expansions and he is one of the top requested to make an appearance just behind Mileena. Boon tends to listen to the fans and usually top requested get answered. Scorpions MK9 mask is already in the game and has 2 variations that you have to unlock in different modes. Im guessing they didnt use the mask so that it doesnt confuse buyers into thinking its included when its locked but in game. If you think Ronda Rouseys voice acting is bad (which it is, just terrible).. you clearly havent heard the random inclusion of some dj dimitri vegas who has a sub zero skin with glowing highlights and voices over sub zeros lines. 

23 hours ago, SubZero said:

There might be a skin to make him look like Shredder

There wont be. This is an homage costume from his costume in mortal kombat deception where he was titled shredder subzero by the fans. One of his all time most beloved costumes. 

Pin on Comics

Sorry for the triple posting but didnt want to have one long post. My personal opinion is these look fantastic and im pretty stoked for them all. Love subs deception costume as its one of the few that were amazing during those dark times in mk. My only gripe is scorpions costume gives him pupils which is inaccurate and makes him look less intimidating, like a guy cosplaying scorpion or just casual hanzo. Frosts is a nice variation to her original costume as well since shes a cyborg in mk11, its going to be interesting to see her segment her body parts.

5 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

Few things, they had his mk9 costume in mkx as well as his amazing injustice one but im sure you mean including it in mk11 and not just the idea of bringing it back outside of mk9. They have noobs mask from mk9 already in mk11 and I feel like hes got a similar vibe in some of his costumes already in but its entirely plausible they ll do that since they have the mask.(or rather one would hope). Its entirely possible that Reptile is coming back as its rumored we are getting at least 2 more kombat pass/expansions and he is one of the top requested to make an appearance just behind Mileena. Boon tends to listen to the fans and usually top requested get answered. Scorpions MK9 mask is already in the game and has 2 variations that you have to unlock in different modes. Im guessing they didnt use the mask so that it doesnt confuse buyers into thinking its included when its locked but in game. If you think Ronda Rouseys voice acting is bad (which it is, just terrible).. you clearly havent heard the random inclusion of some dj dimitri vegas who has a sub zero skin with glowing highlights and voices over sub zeros lines. 

I've only played the game at my brother's.  I hadn't seen the MK9 mask for Scorpy, but I just saw it in video on youtube.  Saw the MK9 mask for Noob, too, but not the hood. 
Also just watched some of the Dimitri Vegas Subzero intros, too.  Is it possible he's worse than Ronda?  Wow.

1 hour ago, Satam said:

I've only played the game at my brother's.  I hadn't seen the MK9 mask for Scorpy, but I just saw it in video on youtube.  Saw the MK9 mask for Noob, too, but not the hood. 
Also just watched some of the Dimitri Vegas Subzero intros, too.  Is it possible he's worse than Ronda?  Wow.

Yeah the hood is the only thing missing for noob, which is why i would think theyd do one for him buuuut they are really random with their costume dlc options. Noob looks waaay more menacing in the garbs theyve gave him but i do love everything from mk9. It was just done so friggin well and was a great retelling of mk1-3 in one cohesive game. haha i never use that skin because of how awful it is. I dont know why they ever included that in the game and I dont know who would ever want to use it to hear his awful VA job. Its why I dont use Sonya ever in the game, its so cringey. 

4 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

Yeah the hood is the only thing missing for noob, which is why i would think theyd do one for him buuuut they are really random with their costume dlc options. Noob looks waaay more menacing in the garbs theyve gave him but i do love everything from mk9. It was just done so friggin well and was a great retelling of mk1-3 in one cohesive game. haha i never use that skin because of how awful it is. I dont know why they ever included that in the game and I dont know who would ever want to use it to hear his awful VA job. Its why I dont use Sonya ever in the game, its so cringey. 

The Sonya thing pisses me off so much, because Tricia Helfer was great in MKX, but NetherRealm dumped her for a stupid gimmick.

11 hours ago, Satam said:

The Sonya thing pisses me off so much, because Tricia Helfer was great in MKX, but NetherRealm dumped her for a stupid gimmick.

I feel like it was more of a WB thing since they have a big connection with WWE. Pretty funny and annoying they used that to advertise the game like omg ronda rousey, someone thats never done any voice acting nor has acted well in anything is going to be a main central character! guys best mk evarrrrr! Clearly they have got bad judgements in voice acting with mk11 with her and dimitri and they are all some kind of publicity crap. I agree that Tricia did a great job as Sonya in the last game. NRS and WB have definitely changed the overall feel of MK since the last few games. Alot of people are not a fan of the sjw type stylings for the women and yet the men can still bear skin. Kind of interesting. 

• 2 weeks later...

Love Robocop so I'm definitely gonna check this out. But I'm a casual gamer so I'll probably wait until a rerelease with DLC version of the game comes out at a lower price.