NECA's Back To The Future Animated Series Line Coming In September 2020

JayC

Back in February during Toy Fair, NECA announced they were going to be releasing a line of action figures based on the old Back to the Future animated series. The figures they are doing for this line will be in a similar style and scale as their popular Toony Terrors line, which stand around 6" tall. At Toy Fair they showed figures for Marty, Doc Brown who will include his dog Einstein and Biff. They are even doing an in-scale DeLorean time machine for your figures to ride around in.

Just this week NECA has said these figures will start to see release in September 2020 and promise more details will be coming soon. Check out our images for this line from Toy Fair below.

NECA-Back-To-The-Future-Animated 0.jpg

NECA-Back-To-The-Future-Animated 1.jpg

NECA-Back-To-The-Future-Animated 2.jpg

NECA-Back-To-The-Future-Animated 3.jpg

NECA-Back-To-The-Future-Animated 4.jpg

NECA-Back-To-The-Future-Animated 5.jpg

NECA-Back-To-The-Future-Animated.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Disappointing, and I'm someone who digs the cartoon. I'm not sure what the point is in making a Delorean with windows painted on, no way to display figures driving it. Might as well be a solid brick. After all this time waiting for a time machine that could hold figures :(

• Thanks 1

If they're even half as cool as Neca's Turtle line, I'll be a happy friggin' camper. Just the animation styling on the Delorean alone is worth the trouble.

Just hope they're easier to find than the Turtles.

• Thanks 1

Weird. I thought the cartoon was total crap, but I would've thought just the fact we're getting BTTF action figures, of any kind, and a DeLorean in scale with said figures would be worth AT LEAST a courtesy "Cool!"

I guess there's just no pleasing you future kids with your hoverboards and holographic movies and your power-laces.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mako said:

Weird. I thought the cartoon was total crap, but I would've thought just the fact we're getting BTTF action figures, of any kind, and a DeLorean in scale with said figures would be worth AT LEAST a courtesy "Cool!"

I guess there's just no pleasing you future kids with your hoverboards and holographic movies and your power-laces.

I think I will get that animated Delorian... It looks very cool and I'm not a Back to the Future fan...

2 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

I think I will get that animated Delorian... It looks very cool and I'm not a Back to the Future fan...

With that animation styling it would go perfect with the TMNT animated line.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mako said:

With that animation styling it would go perfect with the TMNT animated line.

Agree and hopefully I get those hard to find villain figures at Target this year.

On a purely meaningless side-note, will Marty even be able to HOLD that guitar he comes with? I mean I get what they were going for, I do. It's just A. I find the concept of figures, based on an "Animated" property, being given limited articulation to be sadly ironic. And B. I just hate it when my figures come with accessories they can't actually use.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...