What Secrets For Hasbro's G.I. Joe Classified Line Can Be Found Within This Poster?

JayC

Back in February during Toy Fair, Hasbro released this pretty cool poster for their G.I. Joe Classified line. The poster is also featured prominently on the back of the packaging for the figures in the first wave. We know the poster features images of how the five characters released in the first wave look. Those characters being Duke, Snake-Eyes, Scralett, Roadblock and Destro.

IMG_3653__scaled_600.jpg

With that in mind, we figure it's a good bet that this poster also gives us a glimpse at future figures yet to be announced, and how they will look in the Classified line. Based on retail listings that have surfaced online, we have a good idea that the second wave will include 6 figures, 3 of which will be based on the upcoming Snake-Eyes movie, and 3 that will be non-movie. Other than Snake-Eyes, we really don't know what the other 2 movie figures will be, but for today we want to focus on the 3 non-movie figures in wave 2.

Going back to Hasbro's poster, not only did it show the 5 figures in wave 1, it so happens to show three additional characters in the forefront. Those three characters include Cobra Commander, Baroness and Gung-Ho. Now this is just pure speculation on my part, but if I was a betting man, I would say those will be the three non-movie figures released in wave 2. So lets take a closer look at those characters from the poster so that we might get an idea of how their figures will look.

IMG_3654__scaled_600.jpg

First we have Gung-Ho. Overall he seems to be staying true to his original look. The biggest difference here is that he has decided to start wearing a shirt underneath his vest. I guess he got tired of being mistaken as a member of the Village People. The colors on his vest seemed to be toned down as well. We can't see his lower body, but my guess is he will feature some type of camo pattern pants. He also seems to be sporting some type of weird wrist gauntlet on his right arm. I wonder if the Marine Corps symbol that he used to prominently display on his chest as a tattoo will now be featured on the back of his vest?

IMG_3656__scaled_600.jpg

Next up is Baroness. Looking ravishing as ever in this poster with her long black air and glasses. Overall this look seems to be pretty much in keeping with here original toy look. The only real difference I can make out is, she now seems to sport cobra-like shoulder pads with gold trim. It will be interesting to see how that translates into action figure form.

IMG_3655__scaled_600.jpg

Finally we have Cobra Commander. This is the one I am most eagerly anticipating. From the poster it looks like Hasbro is going to start out with the battle helmet look, though it would be awesome if they also included an alternate hooded headsculpt. The blue helmet itself is a bit modified from the original version. The sides of the helmet now come down the side of his face, but he does still have the iconic silver faceplate. It looks like there also might be some type of added sculpting on the sides. Snake scales maybe with some gold trim on the bottom. He has the Cobra symbol displayed nicely on his chest like with the original, and this version seems to be sporting a cape which is a nice touch. The right shoulder may also have some type of epaulettes on it to help distinguish him as Cobra's leader.

Besides the 8 main characters featured on the poster, there a few other noticeable troop-builder type characters featured in the background for Cobra as well as multiple iconic vehicles for both sides. It's hard to say whether these were included just for looks, or if these are more hints by Hasbro of future things we might see for the line.

IMG_3657__scaled_600.jpg

I found it strange Hasbro choose to include the Cobra Alley Viper on here. Out of all the different variation of Cobra soldiers they could have chosen, the gaudy orange troops seems like an odd choice. If this is a clue for a future figure, it looks like they will be keeping their overall same basic look and design, including the large shields they are known to carry. The helmets have been modified, and in fact I think look much better than the original design.

IMG_3658__scaled_600.jpg

The Red Ninja is another odd choice to me, though I guess you can never go wrong with Ninja's. These guys also have nice updated looks over the original versions. The outfits look more armored and less pajama like. Makes you wonder what kind of updates they might have in store for Storm Shadow when they get around to making him, which you know they will sooner or later.

As for the vehicles featured in the poster, I don't think there is much chance these will show up in the 6" Classified line, but you never know. Anyway we will take a quick look at them

IMG_3659__scaled_600.jpg

For Cobra, we have the classic H.I.S.S. Tank which looks just like it did in the 80's. If G.I. Joe was ever given the Haslab treatment, I could see them doing a 6" scale H.I.S.S. with driver.

IMG_3660__scaled_600.jpg

The Cobra Fang Helicopter is also represented, and also looks very much like the original 80's version. This is one I think Hasbro could pull off if they ever decided to give us 6" scale vehicles. Also note pilots have been included.

IMG_3661__scaled_600.jpg

The Cobra Night Raven jet while awesome I think would be way to big for a 6" scale line. Would love to see a 6" Strato-Viper figure though.

IMG_3662__scaled_600.jpg

The Cobra Rattler is another awesome vehicle, but also I think two big to be practical for a 6" scale line. A Wild Weasel figure would be cool though.

IMG_3663__scaled_600.jpg

The Cobra Trouble Bubble, like the Fang I think would work nicely for this line. This poster seems to have also given them actual pilots which would be kinda cool to see in figure form.

IMG_3664__scaled_600.jpg

On the G.I. Joe side of things we have the Dragonfly and S.H.A.R.C. Both of which don't seem terribly likely for a 6" line. At best I would say that maybe one day we will get a Wild Bill and Deep Six figure in 6" scale.

IMG_3665__scaled_600.jpg

Both the Skystriker and Conquest X-30 are represented on the poster, neither of which I see getting vehicles for this line. I am not even sure how much demand there would be for an Ace and Slip-Stream figure???

IMG_3666__scaled_600.jpg

The tank shown here I think is supposed to be the MOBAT, along with the Bridge Layer and Sky Hawk. Out of these three vehicles, only the Sky Hawk I think would be doable in a 6" scale line. I could see them doing a 6" Steeler figure, more so than Tollbooth.

IMG_3667__scaled_600.jpg

Here we see the G.I. Joe Wolverine and H.A.V.O.C.. Neither vehicle seems terribly doable for a 6" line, but Cover Girl is is a figure I think we could definitely see at some point. Not sure how well a Cross Country figure would work in this day an age. I also have know idea why they have a Cobra Firebat jet with the Joes.

IMG_3668__scaled_600.jpg

Shown here seems to be some modified version of the VAMP Mark II jeep as well as the Armadillo Tank. Both are vehicles I think could work in 6" scale, especially the tank. If we ever get a Clutch figure, I wonder if he will have the green or beige colors on?

IMG_3669__scaled_600.jpg

This looks to be the Mauler tank. Can't see the tank happening due to size, but wold be cool to see a Heavy Metal figure.

IMG_3670__scaled_600.jpg

Finally we have what I think is either a modified VAMP Mark I or perhaps the newer Desert Striker jeep. The second vehicle I am totally unfamiliar with. Looks like some type of tank with a weird missile launching canopy that pops up in the back. If this is based on an actual Joe vehicle, it must be one of the more obscure ones developed later on in the line.

IMG_3653.jpg

IMG_3654.jpg

IMG_3655.jpg

IMG_3656.jpg

IMG_3657.jpg

IMG_3658.jpg

IMG_3659.jpg

IMG_3660.jpg

IMG_3661.jpg

IMG_3662.jpg

IMG_3663.jpg

IMG_3664.jpg

IMG_3665.jpg

IMG_3666.jpg

IMG_3667.jpg

IMG_3668.jpg

IMG_3669.jpg

IMG_3670.jpg

• Thanks 1

well the Night raven is based straight off the Rise of cobra Design which is interesting. also the Vamps where later releases from the Pursuit of Cobra line , the unknown vehicle you didn't recognize is valor vs Venom release the Ice sabre and later called the Ice Dagger in the ROC line , it is interesting that the Fang Pilot is the same one from the 25th Version based on the Cobra trooper figure but with the Cobra Air Trooper helmet in red (the Cobra version of the JUMP pack trooper)  I also agree the Alley viper as a introductory figure is a odd choice but given that the recolored version from the 3.75" modern line where good sellers and a opportunity to really kit them out in regards gear . my Hope is we get a basic Cobra Trooper mold that can be used for Officers and Stinger driver and maybe way later if the line goes well Python patrol versions

1 hour ago, tycondrius24 said:

the unknown vehicle you didn't recognize is valor vs Venom release the Ice sabre and later called the Ice Dagger in the ROC line

Hmmm yeah maybe a modified ice dagger, but the one on the poster seems to have tracks on the front not skis.

iceDagger1_S.jpg

I'm thinking Gung-Ho might be more inspired by his Valour V.S. Venom look.  Here's a link from YoJoe to see the figure I'm referring to:

- https://www.yojoe.com/action/05/gungho16.shtml

As for this line, I understand that people want more classic designs or designs more heavy based/strongly inspired by the classic designs(Like Snake Eyes and Destro are, with Duke kind of in the middle), and that's why many don't want to jump fully in.  But I do think of this as a modern take on these characters, and I'm fine with the flourishes of futuristic on them here and there(After all, wasn't the idea of G.I. Joe was that they had "10 minutes into the future" tech, with Cobra maybe having about "15 to 20 minutes into the future"?).  Mind you, I can see how it does look like Joe is more ripping off some of Fortnite's designs to a degree, but to me, I'm happy with the designs here.

Let's not also forget that a good number of these characters have had different designs over the years, including during the original line in it's later years(I guess sometime by 1990), the 2000's Joe V.S. Cobra to Valour V.S. Venom, Sigma 6, the live action movies, Renegades, various store exclusives, I think some of those 12" Sideshow Collectibles had some different designs, and Pursuit Of Cobra to 30th Anniversary.  So I look at these 6" designs as a new take just like when they did it during those past lines.  And even if the designs are more classic inspired, I like the additional detailing or slightly new flourishes they've added to add a bit of spice to their designs.

For me, Classic or new takes, so long as I like the design, I'll consider it.  But I don't plan on buying too many variants of the same character in this line like I did with the past 4" lines and the 8" Sigma 6 line(Though with some of the various Sigma 6 Duke's, I could fake them into being a different character).

As for more faithful reproduced classic designs for the 6" scale, I suspect Hasbro will do something for them when the 40th Anniversary of the Real American Hero line happens in 2022, assuming this line lasts long enough to reach it.  Maybe in Retro RAH inspired cardbacks similar to the Marvel Retro Toy Biz style packaging lines, and the Star Wars Black Series Kenner style packaging lines(Including the 40th Anniversary Empire Strikes Back line currently out).

• 3 weeks later...
First before we get into the toy aspect of this story, it looks like G.I. Joe is getting some type of Adventure Camp, at least based on this Facebook page that recently showed up. The weird thing about it is the location. The camp is located it seems in Malaysia. We are assuming this is something officially endorsed by Hasbro.

Anyway this is a toy news website, so lets get to the toy portion of the story and why your likely reading this. The above mentioned camp is using artwork in it's literature which is very similar to that Hasbro has been using for their new 6" G.I. Joe Classified line. We all remember the poster Hasbro first showed at Toy Fair in February which is also featured on the back of the packaging for the wave 1 figures. The poster of course gave us looks at how each of the characters look in the new line and even gave us glimpses at what are likely upcoming characters for the second wave.

We now based on this new artwork that is being used by the G.I. Joe Adventure Camp, likely have our first look at the G.I. Joe Classified Storm Shadow as well as better looks at Cobra Commander, Baroness and the Red Ninja. The later three characters were all featured on the original Hasbro poster.

As seen from various retail listings that have popped up, wave 2 is likely going to include three movie figures and three non-movie figures. Based on the original poster, we assumed the three non-movie figures would include Baroness, Cobra Commander and Gung-Ho.

The new artwork features all the characters released in wave 1 of the Classified line, which includes Duke, Roadblock, Scarlett, Snake-Eyes and Destro. The new artwork does not however feature Gung-Ho, but once again features the Red Ninjas that were shown in the background of the original poster.

Some have speculated that wave 2 will feature the Red Ninja instead of Gung-Ho, and this new artwork might give credence to that line of thinking. I would find it odd if we didn't get any new non-movie Joes in wave 2, but we will have to see.

I still think wave 2 will have Cobra Commander, Baroness and Gung-Ho and then perhaps we will see Storm Shadow and the Red Ninja released in the third wave.

Speaking of a third wave, our friend JTPrime has discovered more Classified listings on the Walmart website. Like with previous listings, we see codenames used so we don't know what actual characters they are. We can speculate that these could be the remaining characters featured in the artwork, or be something totally new. We should note that besides Cobra Commander, Baroness, Gung-Ho, Storm Shadow and the Red Ninja, the Cobra Alley Vipers were also featured on the original poster.

Puma - EAN: 5010993790388

Foxtrot - EAN: 5010993790395

Leopard - EAN: 5010993790401

Anyway check out the new artwork for a better look at Cobra Commander, Baroness, Storm Shadow and Red Ninja below, and let us know which characters your most looking forward to getting in the COMMENTS SECTION

G.I.-Joe-Classified-Cobra-01.jpg

G.I.-Joe-Classified-Cobra-02.jpg

G.I.-Joe-Classified-Cobra-03.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JayC said:
First before we get into the toy aspect of this story, it looks like G.I. Joe is getting some type of Adventure Camp, at least based on this Facebook page that recently showed up. The weird thing about it is the location. The camp is located it seems in Malaysia. We are assuming this is something officially endorsed by Hasbro.

Anyway this is a toy news website, so lets get to the toy portion of the story and why your likely reading this. The above mentioned camp is using artwork in it's literature which is very similar to that Hasbro has been using for their new 6" G.I. Joe Classified line. We all remember the poster Hasbro first showed at Toy Fair in February which is also featured on the back of the packaging for the wave 1 figures. The poster of course gave us looks at how each of the characters look in the new line and even gave us glimpses at what are likely upcoming characters for the second wave.

We now based on this new artwork that is being used by the G.I. Joe Adventure Camp, likely have our first look at the G.I. Joe Classified Storm Shadow as well as better looks at Cobra Commander, Baroness and the Red Ninja. The later three characters were all featured on the original Hasbro poster.

As seen from various retail listings that have popped up, wave 2 is likely going to include three movie figures and three non-movie figures. Based on the original poster, we assumed the three non-movie figures would include Baroness, Cobra Commander and Gung-Ho.

The new artwork features all the characters released in wave 1 of the Classified line, which includes Duke, Roadblock, Scarlett, Snake-Eyes and Destro. The new artwork does not however feature Gung-Ho, but once again features the Red Ninjas that were shown in the background of the original poster.

Some have speculated that wave 2 will feature the Red Ninja instead of Gung-Ho, and this new artwork might give credence to that line of thinking. I would find it odd if we didn't get any new non-movie Joes in wave 2, but we will have to see.

I still think wave 2 will have Cobra Commander, Baroness and Gung-Ho and then perhaps we will see Storm Shadow and the Red Ninja released in the third wave.

Speaking of a third wave, our friend JTPrime has discovered more Classified listings on the Walmart website. Like with previous listings, we see codenames used so we don't know what actual characters they are. We can speculate that these could be the remaining characters featured in the artwork, or be something totally new. We should note that besides Cobra Commander, Baroness, Gung-Ho, Storm Shadow and the Red Ninja, the Cobra Alley Vipers were also featured on the original poster.

Puma - EAN: 5010993790388

Foxtrot - EAN: 5010993790395

Leopard - EAN: 5010993790401

Anyway check out the new artwork for a better look at Cobra Commander, Baroness, Storm Shadow and Red Ninja below, and let us know which characters your most looking forward to getting in the COMMENTS SECTION

G.I.-Joe-Classified-Cobra-01.jpg

G.I.-Joe-Classified-Cobra-02.jpg

G.I.-Joe-Classified-Cobra-03.jpg

The art of this new characters looks great...

24 minutes ago, Nosferatuman62172 said:

I'm not too keen on that Storm Shadow,he's  okay looking but nothing spectacular. I'm really loving that Cobra Commander though. Of course Baroness looks great as usual.

Would be nice if Storm Shadow has a removable hood so you could give him the classic hooded look or go without like we see here. I also hope they come up with a backpack similar to the original figure that holds things like the swords and bow and arrows that maybe we just aren't seeing here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JayC said:

Would be nice if Storm Shadow has a removable hood so you could give him the classic hooded look or go without like we see here. I also hope they come up with a backpack similar to the original figure that holds things like the swords and bow and arrows that maybe we just aren't seeing here.

True. Your right about the hood, I always preferred his version 2 look.

• Thanks 1

I'm digging the ones that have come out so far. Haven't bought any yet since I'm pinching during this pandemic, but I'll get a few. I'm worried its gonna be a slippery slope though.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, mako said:

Kind of a stretch. Might wanna hold off on G.I. Joe figure news until you actually have . . . news.

Lol sure thing.

• Thanks 1

I was starting to be ok with the updated more modern designs and Cobra Comander seems ok (I would preffer less flair in the costume but Id still buy the figure), baroness looks nice, and the red ninja is a nice army builder, but dont really care for Storm Shadow's Facemask and huge sleeve tattoo, as some pointed out the appeal to Storm Shadow was that he looked like a real ninja and Snake Eye's was his counterpart with the visor and more techie look, the metal facemask on Storm Shadow detracts form that more clean look, the tattoo is not that big of a deal (I would have prefer just like he originally had just the Ninja Logo tattoo but in any case you can always easily remove the tattoo from the figure with a little paint thinner or something like that)

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JayC said:

If you look closely in the image you can see some arrows and what seems like the arrow quiver behind Storm Shadow's right arm so Im betting that will be his backpack feature, hopefully the quiver will be similar to Snake Eye's backpack where you can either attach a sword sheath to it or just remove it and attach the sword sheath to his back. Im thinking he'll most likely come with a sword, sheath, bow, quiver, and maybe a hand with ninja stars or something to the likes of that (maybe a kunai knife or one of the weapons the exclusive snake eyes came with repainted to fit his weapons)

• Thanks 1