New DC Multiverse 7" Wonder Woman 1984 Movie Figures In-Hand Images

JayC

The line is too big for me. I'm sorry these are cool but they're practically 8 inches tall, which is weird for me when the 250+ in my collection being Mezco One:12, ML, DCUC, DC Collectibles, DC Multiverse, Black Series, Power Rangers Legacy and PR Lightning are all 6-7 inch. And I understand the business plan behind McFarlane wanting to do something different. I just dont feel like collecting a totally new "style" of figure

Was so excited to see what McFarlane would do with the DC figs, but so far this stuff has been very underwhelming. Likenesses are iffy.  Proportions are often odd or inaccurate. And with some of the comic-based figs,  there are some really significant differences between the appearance of the character in the reference art and the fig supposedly inspired by it.  (Hellbat is probably the most extreme. Body of the character in the artwork is way more sleek and streamlined than the fig they made, which is far more chunky and "thick" in appearance.) 

• Like 2

Well, I was hoping these would look better in hand. The golden one is not so bad, but the regular has some weird proportions for the legs and chest, or at least those are the ones that pop-up the most for me. As for likeness I think is not that bad, she actually looks better in the shot from the side. Hopefully McFarlane will continue improving this line moving forward.

Once again McFarlane is getting praise for subpar work. That does not look anything like Gal Gadot. The figure is mediocre at best, and what the actual eff are those tubes theyre trying to pass off as legs?? Its laughable that some of the action reviewers are applauding the weak efforts done with the Batman/Superman releases, now adding this mess too?

Let's see some honest integrity here, fellas. You know damn well if these lines were being put out by anybody else you'd have no problem pointing out their considerable flaws. McFarlane's a well known persona, and justifiably so, but he shouldn't get a pass for mediocre work.

• Like 1