Geek Cave not Dork Room

Spack

Thanks. That is a wearable costume that I put together by buying piece by piece over the internet over several years. I wore it once  but because I live in Florida, it is far too hot to wear  if you are not in air conditioning. And even when you are it is still too hot. So I built a mannequin out of PVC and a lot of newspaper and duct tape and there he stands ever since.

Thanks so much.  I got that chair about 10 to 15 years ago at an antique shop that specialized in 50s through 70s furniture. They had a kitchen type table and 5 chairs. They looked more like the kitchen table set from the Brady Bunch which was from the same manufacturer.  I knew the model number for the chairs and I was just looking for a cool way to display the tribbles. Luckily since I was only looking for one chair, the owner was willing to sell it to me since he still had 4 chairs left for his kitchen set. Then I painted it and found a guy on ebay who was making the chair backs and another who made the little triangles for the back and that's where the tribbles have been sitting ever since. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you kindly. Vader is a wearable costume. I bought it piece by piece over the internet over several years about 10 to 15 years ago. I quickly found out it is too hot to wear where I live. Even in air conditioning. I only wore it once and then made a mannequin out of PVC pipe, duct tape and newspaper stuffing.

On 4/26/2020 at 10:17 PM, Spack said:

Thank you kindly. Vader is a wearable costume. I bought it piece by piece over the internet over several years about 10 to 15 years ago. I quickly found out it is too hot to wear where I live. Even in air conditioning. I only wore it once and then made a mannequin out of PVC pipe, duct tape and newspaper stuffing.

Very cool.  It looks awesome!  Does the costume have a specific brand or company?

Thanks again. All the pieces were from different sources accross the internet. The outer Cape is actually just a black bed sheet since I needed something very light. I forgot who made the helmet but it has a unique structure to position the top to the face mask that could help identify it. The face mask has a raised mohawk piece of plastic and the another one perpendicular to it running ear to ear over the top of the head. These raised parts have velcro patches that match position in the helmet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So are you saying that geek does not apply but dork still does? Well if you are going to put me in a bucket it sure as heck would not be the dork bucket. Obviously this is an interesting debate for another time but one that would wind up offending the owners of such terms. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I always admire you collectors who are clean and organized for the most part, It always makes me feel so strange to look at my chaotic collection

When things are organized and neat I feel you get to really see what the collection has to offer.  Nice job with this one!