Full Details For The Original SPAWN Action Figure & Comic Remastered Kickstarter Details And Images

JayC

Man, Todd is really doing amazing with this project and I'm loving it, hope to see the end result of such figure.

Never understood the hate this got at all. The Kickstarter was basically a preorder. You pay in advance you get a figure. Only difference was he had the freedom to continue to add things to it for free. Not to mention he repeatedly mentioned the figure would be fully articulated but so many people complained about it without reading that part. Mind boggling. 

That being said I ordered the classic and modern day 1. Very happy to see him succeed, and man did he kill it with the constant addition of stuff. He's an eccentric guy so the fly by the seat of your pants approach to extras he kept adding was funny and a learning experience for him for sure. Looking forward to seeing which figure from the original line he does next (he already said that was the plan). Violator would be the no brainer but a Clown has awesome potential for accessory fun with Todd's imagination & the history of the character. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, JayC said:
Todd McFarlane has posted a new update for his recently successful Spawn Kickstarter figure. Shown below are images of the first factory sample of the Artist Proof Spawn figure. Though this is still far from the finished item (the chains will be much longer around the waist, the figure will be painted in a mat finished gray color, packaging still being tweaked, the base will have logos on it, etc.) this shows you most of the pieces and accessories that will be included.

For those that ordered any level that includes the Artist Proof SPAWN, you will get most of what you see here and for those that ordered any level with the 3-PACK SPAWN TRILOGY, you will have even more variety and flexibility with your figure because you can swap some of the accessories from your other 2 figures (the Classic and Modern Spawn).

Spawn-Kickstarter-Artist-Proof-04.jpg

Spawn-Kickstarter-Artist-Proof-03.jpg

Spawn-Kickstarter-Artist-Proof-02.jpg

Spawn-Kickstarter-Artist-Proof-01.jpg

Looks good JayC.

On unrelated news, Todd McFarland was featured in the new 30 for 30 episode on ESPN about McGuire Vs Sosa...

In the end, I feel like a fool for not putting the money down on this... knowing what I know now, but alas that's the way it is, I guess I hoped if it turned out great in the end product I could maybe see one on the pegs, seems like that's not going to be the situation which I think its a real travesty, I wanted an easily excessible articulated Spawn line

I would be cool with getting that Mk 11 Spawn, but still not luck there, I still am trying to be cool with all that, since I have so many damn spawn figures I should probably want to stop looking at them by now

• Thanks 1

I keep getting the update emails from Kickstarter but haven’t been reading them.  I know Todd and the gang are adding more accessories and what not but I’ll just let that work itself out and be surprised when they show up which bonuses are included.  

I went with Kickstarter just two figures—Classic and Modern both unsigned (I’m not really a signature collector and I already have several other things in my collection Todd has signed for me for free over the years so didn’t really need to pay the extra for a signature on these).  

• 4 weeks later...

Todd McFarlane has rolled out another update video on his upcoming Spawn figure he successfully got funded on Kickstarter earlier this year.

In the video he shows off some new samples he just got back from the factory and demonstrates some of the articulation that will be featured on the lower legs, ankles, foot and hand.

He also says that they have decided to go with solid plastic as opposed to soft plastic in the torso area because they couldn't get the movement they wanted with the soft.

Finally in the video he shows off a new knife accessory that he is apparently now adding to the figure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
Back in July Todd McFarlane announced that his Spawn Kickstarter figure would have solid plastic as opposed to soft plastic in the torso area. Since then he has released some new prootype images of the figure.

Spawn-Prototype-01__scaled_600.jpg

Spawn-Prototype-02__scaled_600.jpg

He has also released images showing three of the signature plates and holders that will come with the figures:

**The RED will come with the CLASSIC Spawn figure.

**The GREEN will come with the MODERN Spawn figure.

**The GOLD will come with the 3-PACK Spawn figures.

McFarlane-Plate-01__scaled_600.jpg

McFarlane-Plate-02__scaled_600.jpg

McFarlane-Plate-03__scaled_600.jpg

McFarlane-Plate-04__scaled_600.jpg

Finally he has released an image showing the cover for the comic that will be included with the Modern Spawn figure. It will also include green foil.

Spawn-Kickstarter-Cover__scaled_600.jpg

Wait so he said it wasn't soft in the torso, because that looks soft in the torso.. it's a cool idea I'd imagine it's silicone.. it would get some real good arcticulation but also seems like it would break down after time

This keeps looking cooler and cooler, and I'm feeling like more of a guy kicking myself for not getting in on it....

please Todd reconsider and release this at retail in some capacity.. I won't ask for any bells or whistles

spacer.png

6 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Wait so he said it wasn't soft in the torso, because that looks soft in the torso.. it's a cool idea I'd imagine it's silicone.. it would get some real good arcticulation but also seems like it would break down after time

This keeps looking cooler and cooler, and I'm feeling like more of a guy kicking myself for not getting in on it....

please Todd reconsider and release this at retail in some capacity.. I won't ask for any bells or whistles

spacer.png

Thats what he said here, it would be hard plastic with basically no mid-section joint other than rotation and probably some pivot at the waist.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I thought this was going to be sort of a remake of the OG spawn, before the boot and huge gauntlet. It still looks pretty cool, but I was hoping for the old school Spawn to have alongside the newer design from the mortal kombat line. 

1 hour ago, Rayne said:

I thought this was going to be sort of a remake of the OG spawn, before the boot and huge gauntlet. It still looks pretty cool, but I was hoping for the old school Spawn to have alongside the newer design from the mortal kombat line. 

There's a "Modern" version with the boot and gauntlet and a "Classic" version without them.

Todd McFarlane has released another new image for his Spawn Kickstarter figure. This one shows a table with a bunch of various parts/pieces/packaging components for the figures. Take a look and let us know what you see?

Spawn-Kickstarter-Whats-On-The-Table.jpg

• Thanks 1

The figure and things seem to be coming together and look great. I cant not see that pre posed twist torso and neck tho. It aggravates me everytime i see it. The paint apps look great too, very solid. I do doubt you ll be able to get suuuuper great poses out of it but Im curious to see what comes of it. Glad to all those that supported it, hopefully he comes up with some really great stuff for the next one. 

• 1 month later...
Todd McFarlane has released this image showing us an early production sample for his Kickstarter Spawn figure. Once he signs off on this, the factory will begin production of the figure.

Spawn-Kickstarter-Production-Sample.jpg

• Thanks 1