Full Details For The Original SPAWN Action Figure & Comic Remastered Kickstarter Details And Images

JayC

So to me there is confusion on the weapons. Originally it was said if you buy the figures individually you get a machine gun, and then if you get the addition of the autograph, they throw in the wood spiked club for each figure. For the three pack originally they said each figure will come with the machine gun and the wood spiked club.

Then he came out with an UPDATE 1 saying for the three pack each figure would now come with the wood spiked club and a unique weapon. In the initial update he didn't tell us what those unique weapons would be.

In a later UPDATE 2 he then said both the 3 pack and individual version of the Modern Spawn would come with a second Machine Gun that has a launcher on it. The individual version and 3 pack version of the Artist Proof would come with an unpainted sword and club. I assume these are 2 of the 3 unique weapons he mentioned in UPDATE 1

So I am unclear with the individual versions, if that means each figure will come with 2 weapons (3 if you get the autograph).

Modern Spawn - 2 Machine guns (Wood club with autograph)

Artist Proof Spawn - Unpainted Original Machine Gun, Sword (Wood club with Autograph)

Classic Spawn - Original Machine Gun, Unknown weapon (Wood club with Autograph)

And if that is the case, does that mean the three pack figures will NO LONGER come with the original machine gun. If the machine gun was being included with each figure along with the club like originally stated, and then they were adding an additional unique weapon for each figure, that would be a total of 9 weapons not 6. If they removed the original machine gun from the 3 pack then it will break down as such:

Modern Spawn - will have the club and launcher machine gun

Artist Proof - will have the club (unpainted) and sword (unpainted)

Classic Spawn - will have the club and an unknown weapon.

If they come out and say the unique weapon for the Classic Spawn in the 3-pack is that original machine gun, that will mean the individual version will have one less weapon than the other 2 figures. If they give Classic Spawn a completely new unique weapon, then it would seem odd that the three pack won't get the original machine guns like originally stated, but again that would mean the 3-pack will include a total of 9 weapons, not 6.

2 hours ago, JayC said:

So to me there is confusion on the weapons. Originally it was said if you buy the figures individually you get a machine gun, and then if you get the addition of the autograph, they throw in the wood spiked club for each figure. For the three pack originally they said each figure will come with the machine gun and the wood spiked club.

Then he came out with an UPDATE 1 saying for the three pack each figure would now come with the wood spiked club and a unique weapon. In the initial update he didn't tell us what those unique weapons would be.

In a later UPDATE 2 he then said both the 3 pack and individual version of the Modern Spawn would come with a second Machine Gun that has a launcher on it. The individual version and 3 pack version of the Artist Proof would come with an unpainted sword and club. I assume these are 2 of the 3 unique weapons he mentioned in UPDATE 1

So I am unclear with the individual versions, if that means each figure will come with 2 weapons (3 if you get the autograph).

Modern Spawn - 2 Machine guns (Wood club with autograph)

Artist Proof Spawn - Unpainted Original Machine Gun, Sword (Wood club with Autograph)

Classic Spawn - Original Machine Gun, Unknown weapon (Wood club with Autograph)

And if that is the case, does that mean the three pack figures will NO LONGER come with the original machine gun. If the machine gun was being included with each figure along with the club like originally stated, and then they were adding an additional unique weapon for each figure, that would be a total of 9 weapons not 6. If they removed the original machine gun from the 3 pack then it will break down as such:

Modern Spawn - will have the club and launcher machine gun

Artist Proof - will have the club (unpainted) and sword (unpainted)

Classic Spawn - will have the club and an unknown weapon.

If they come out and say the unique weapon for the Classic Spawn in the 3-pack is that original machine gun, that will mean the individual version will have one less weapon than the other 2 figures. If they give Classic Spawn a completely new unique weapon, then it would seem odd that the three pack won't get the original machine guns like originally stated, but again that would mean the 3-pack will include a total of 9 weapons, not 6.

My understanding is that the machine gun is meant as the unique for Classic. But the confusing part is, will the 3-pack get all 3 basic machine guns AND the rocket launcher AND sword AND three clubs? Or is it just the machine gun, rocket launcher, sword and three clubs.

7 minutes ago, stcardinal said:

My understanding is that the machine gun is meant as the unique for Classic. But the confusing part is, will the 3-pack get all 3 basic machine guns AND the rocket launcher AND sword AND three clubs? Or is it just the machine gun, rocket launcher, sword and three clubs.

I haven't seen anywhere where he says the unique for the Classic is the machine gun. Where did you see that?

I hope this turns out good, however so not a fan of how that knee joint looks as well as that was a bad idea cutting a pre-posed sculpt and thinking youre going to get even articulation. the neck and the upper torso to be precise. I hope it fleshes out and we get some badass new spawn figs that come out of this kickstarter. I can only imagine a super articulated violator, tremor, and the other plebiac brothers. 

4 hours ago, JayC said:

I haven't seen anywhere where he says the unique for the Classic is the machine gun. Where did you see that?

That was my interpretation since he said he wanted to introduce different weapons for the other versions. So the machine gun will remain the unique weapon for Classic. It's also my understanding that Modern and AP won't get the original machine gun anymore and they will instead be replaced with their unique weapons. I think this because he never said we were getting unique weapons on top of existing one and it made sense to me given that he didn't announce a new or unique weapon Classic.

9 minutes ago, Satam said:

The idea of doing a soft chest to hide the ab crunch joint is an interesting one.  Not sure how on board I am, and I am definitely not a fan of that gap around the neck.

NECA has been doing this for years, although with no real success in terms of getting a functional ab crunch. McF also did this with their new Batman Who Laughs and the Reeves video game figure which ended up with decent ab crunch.

Todd McFarlane has added 11 ways for you to make pledges for various combinations of Spawn on his Kickstarter for the The Original SPAWN Remastered Action Figure. These new pledge levels give you the chance to get an extra figure (or more) for your own collection or to give to someone else as a gift for their birthday or Christmas.

The 11 new offering are indicated by an alphabetical letter in brackets. Those letters are: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J and K below is what each will contain, but please read each letter's description on the Kickstater page for more details...

(A) 2-PACK: includes 2 (unsigned) CLASSIC SPAWN

(B) 2-PACK: includes 1 (unsigned) CLASSIC SPAWN and 1 (unsigned) MODERN SPAWN

(C) 2-PACK: includes 2 CLASSIC SPAWN with 1 of them AUTOGRAPHED

(D) 2-PACK: includes 1 autographed CLASSIC SPAWN and 1 (unsigned) MODERN SPAWN

(E) 3-PACK: includes 3 (unsigned) CLASSIC SPAWN

(F) 3-PACK: includes 2 (unsigned) CLASSIC SPAWN and 1 autographed CLASSIC SPAWN

(G) 4-PACK: includes complete set of TRILOGY 3-PACK and 1 (unsigned) CLASSIC SPAWN

(H) 5-PACK: 1 complete TRILOGY 3-PACK and 1 (unsigned) CLASSIC SPAWN and 1 (unsigned) MODERN SPAWN

(I) 5-PACK: 1 complete TRILOGY 3-PACK and 2 (unsigned) CLASSIC SPAWN

(J) 6-PACK: 1 complete TRILOGY 3-PACK and 2 (unsigned) CLASSIC SPAWN and 1 (unsigned) MODERN SPAWN

(K) 6-PACK: 2 complete TRILOGY 3-PACKS

Thats nice to have options to get more figures than the single or 3 pack, I wish that there was a way to get more than one autograph though (aside from the option of the 2 3-packs),  there is still 12 days left I wonder what other goals it can reach to get some new stuff (Id really like a fabric wired cape too, I cant really think of anything else that is needed), I hope they do go with the rubbery torso if done right for the added abcruch articulation it would make the figure a whole of a lot better than a solid torso piece.

Spawn Kickstarter Gets Fists, More Chains, Necro Energy And Gold Plaque For Breaking $2 Million

In celebration of surpassing the $2 million dollar mark on his Kickstarter for the The Original SPAWN Action Figure & Comic Remastered set, Todd McFarlane has announced the additional add-ons.

UPGRADE #1 - Every level. All figures will now come with a steel chain for the NECK/CAPE area. Previously we had announced steel chains around the WAIST of every figure, but now we can announce that the neck chain will also be made of steel.

UPGRADE #2 - Every level. All figures will now come with an extra pair of FIST hands! You've been asking for this, so here it is. And one of the fists will have an open slot so this hand can also hold the big SWORD coming with the ARTIST PROOF SPAWN.

UPGRADE #3 - Every level. All figures will now come with one transparent NECRO-ENERGY Attachment. This will simulate the magical green power that has been a hallmark of the Spawn character since his inception back in 1992.

UPGRADE #4 - Trilogy 3-Pack level(s). Any level that contains at least on or more of the Trilogy 3-Packs will come with 3 different NECRO-ENERGY Attachments (a different one for each of the three figures figure). One attachment will be the same as the one in Upgrade #3 above, plus 2 unique energy blasts/swirls so that all three of your figures will have a distinct look to them.

UPGRADE #5 - Trilogy 3-Pack level(s). Any level that contains at least on or more of the Trilogy 3-Packs will now come with an exclusive GOLD PLAQUE and will come with a GOLD SIGNATURE. The autograph by me will be on a white plate that will be inserted into the Gold holder and then I will sign the white plate in gold to give a look that will only be found in the Trilogy 3-Pack.

And if pledges and backers keep going crazy, McFarlane says he has a few more tricks up his sleeve.

Spawn-Classic.jpg

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, iRandom said:

Same here. That hinge is huge and clunky and I can't say that the articulation is going to add much flexibility to the cape. Seems like the metal bar is going to be visible unless you keep the cape wrapped around the figure. However, I watched with the video muted so maybe he addressed this.

He says the hinge will be hidden in the final version during the video. I agree however it does look like the cape will be heavy.

• Thanks 1

Todd Just posted this pic on his instagram and it look really good to me. I don’t even mind single elbow joints they seem to have good enough range, I don’t even have complaint for proposed torso imo I think it give figure more unique look and only will give him more dynamic poses. I really hope they leave torso articulation. 

ABC911F2-3142-4816-9C1A-E89BDEC8108D.jpeg

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, SpiderS said:

Todd Just posted this pic on his instagram and it look really good to me. I don’t even mind single elbow joints they seem to have good enough range, I don’t even have complaint for proposed torso imo I think it give figure more unique look and only will give him more dynamic poses. I really hope they leave torso articulation. 

ABC911F2-3142-4816-9C1A-E89BDEC8108D.jpeg

It looks good...

A clarification of all the accessories with the various kickstarter options.

Any level that contains a single figure (or multi-single figures) will receive all of their listed BONUSES (regardless of what level it is included with). And the same is true for the TRILOGY 3-PACK (any level that contains a set, or more, of these figures will include all the 3-Pack BONUSES.

So, here are all the additions/upgrades/bonuses since the SPAWN Kickstarter Campaign started.

These are over and above what was originally listed in the description of each of these levels...

3-PACK TRILOGY SET (includes the Classic, Modern & Artist Proof figures)

EXCLUSIVE GOLD COLORED SIGNING PLAQUE
EXCLUSIVE GOLD COLORED SIGNATURE
CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY stating the autograph by Todd is his
Attachable NECRO ENERGY BURSTS for one hand
TWO EXTRA and EXCLUSIVE ENERGY BLASTS (for a total of three in this set)
FOIL-STAMPED comic book cover
EXTRA PAIR OF HANDS to hold guns
EXTRA PAIR OF FISTED HANDS (one which can hold sword)
EXTRA HEAD of an unpainted Screaming Head
EXTRA HEAD of a PAINTED Screaming Head
EXTRA HEAD of a painted human Al Simmons head
EXCLUSIVE GAUNTLET on one forearm (Modern Spawn figure only)
SPIKED BOOT on one leg (Modern Spawn figure only)
STEEL CHAINS for the waist of each figure
STEEL CHAINS for the neck of each figure
EXCLUSIVE NECRO-SWORD WEAPON (Artist Proof figure)
EXCLUSIVE ASSAULT WEAPON (Modern Spawn figure)
EXCLUSIVE ASSAULT WEAPON (Classic Spawn figure)

CLASSIC SPAWN (single)

EXTRA PAIR OF FISTED HANDS
EXTRA HEAD of a painted Screaming Head
STEEL CHAINS for the waist
STEEL CHAINS for the neck
EXCLUSIVE ASSAULT WEAPON (this figure will now be the only one with this accessory)

MODERN SPAWN (single)

EXTRA PAIR OF FISTED HANDS
EXTRA HEAD of a painted human Al Simmons head
EXCLUSIVE LAUNCHER-GUN WEAPON
SPIKED BOOT on one leg

ARTIST PROOF SPAWN (single)

EXTRA PAIR OF FISTED HANDS (one which can hold sword)
EXTRA HEAD of an unpainted Screaming Head
EXCLUSIVE NECRO-SWORD WEAPON

** ALL LEVELS THAT CONTAIN at least one autograph (by me) will also receive another weapon based on the Wooden Plank from the original 1994 toy edition.

At the time of this post the Kickstarter has obtained $2,373,776 in funding with 4 days to go.

• Thanks 1

Well I finally decided to pull the trigger and got this (ended up getting the 3 pack since its the best deal with all the added accesories) Im sure the figures will be really good my only concern (and its not really a concern of this figure) is that we'll probably end up getting more spawn figures further down the line some that Ill like more, but I guess itll be good to have this figure that is itself an homage to the first figure (a more collector firgure per say). 

Aside from that the kickstarter is over 2.5 million now with just 3 days left I wonder what else todd will include now since last update was at 2.25, hopefully we'll get a painted Necro Sword, Id also like an interchangeable Wired Cloth Cape but I dont see that happening (one can wish though) 

McFarlane has added the painted Necro Sword to any purchase that contains the Classic Spawn figure. Also here some more images and videos he has posted as the Kickstarter heads towards it's final 24hrs? Will it break $3 million???

00-Update-05.jpg

00-Update-01.png

00-Update-02.png

00-Update-03.png

00-Update-04.jpg

• 1 month later...
Todd McFarlane has posted a new update for his recently successful Spawn Kickstarter figure. Shown below are images of the first factory sample of the Artist Proof Spawn figure. Though this is still far from the finished item (the chains will be much longer around the waist, the figure will be painted in a mat finished gray color, packaging still being tweaked, the base will have logos on it, etc.) this shows you most of the pieces and accessories that will be included.

For those that ordered any level that includes the Artist Proof SPAWN, you will get most of what you see here and for those that ordered any level with the 3-PACK SPAWN TRILOGY, you will have even more variety and flexibility with your figure because you can swap some of the accessories from your other 2 figures (the Classic and Modern Spawn).

Spawn-Kickstarter-Artist-Proof-04.jpg

Spawn-Kickstarter-Artist-Proof-03.jpg

Spawn-Kickstarter-Artist-Proof-02.jpg

Spawn-Kickstarter-Artist-Proof-01.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1