Full Details For The Original SPAWN Action Figure & Comic Remastered Kickstarter Details And Images

JayC

34 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Don't know why they're just showing new articulation for this; I would have led with that, but that's me. I see he's  touting a "new re-sealable clamshell  package...take out your figure for display, but also be able to return...into their packaging like you have never opened it in the first place!"  That's a nice feature, but its not new. FourHorseMen have been doing that with their Mythic Legions line since the beginning, 7 years ago or so. Overall, if he really does have improved articulation and we get to see that, more fans will come on board and help make this a success.

Those are good points, but the campaign has already made over half a million in less than 24hrs, so I think its safe to say its a success.

So Todd just announced an update. Because this Kickstarter is about to break $1 million dollars he is throwing in an extra pair of hands with whatever option you go with and if you get the 3 pack now, you will get all 5 heads. This goes for anyone who already pledged as well as anyone pledges going forward.

Spawn-Remastered-Kickstarter-19.jpg

Todd McFarlane is giving his 7" The Original SPAWN Remastered Action Figure another upgrade, this time because his Kickstarter for it has surpassed 1.2 million dollars in funding.

All versions of the figure will now include metal chains featured at the waist of the figure, as opposed to plastic ones. Last week McFarlane announced he was including an extra set of hands and making all 5 headsculpts available in the figure three pack version.

In less than a week, the Kickstarter has already obtained $1,381,306 in funding.

Spawn-Steel-Chains.jpg

Im pretty sure ill end up getting the 3 pack, still trying to fight myself but Ill most likely end up buckling up, Im wondering how high itll reach before the deadline, aside from the hands, heads, and metal chains Im excited to see if we can get more goodies and extras and what would those be.

I am really surprised how fast it hit 1 million, I would never thought there was so much demand for Spawn action figures.  I really do want that figure and I will likely regret not getting it but 50 still seems to much for figure I haven’t seem especially in such turbulent times.  

So now if you get the 3 pack they will be including 6 weapons, 4 of which will be unique different weapons. Each figure will come with this weird wood piece (thats 3 weapons) and then each figure will come with 1 additional unnamed unique weapon (making the total 6 weapons).

They will be announcing one more addition to the Kickstarter in the next day or so as well.

Spawn-Remastered-Kickstarter-14.jpg.8c7cc4dfa1c1798631703f728b464535.jpg

So now They have added an additional head, and each figure will now have two headsculpts. These will come with the single figures or the three pack. This is how it breaksdown:

Classic Spawn - Masked Head and New Painted Screaming Head

Modern Spawn - Shoelace head and human head

Artist Proof Spawn - Unpainted masked head and screaming heads

If you get the three pack then you get all 6 heads.

I should say this is if they reach $1,527,036 which is almost assured. Right now they are at $1,526,359.

Spawn-Remastered-Kickstarter-21.jpg

Been waiting for a painted version of the screaming head, and now I'm probably going to kick in for it.  Kinda wish it was on the Modern Spawn figure, but I also wish the modern Spawn figure had a big boot, so whatever.

Boy, was this successful! Glad it went nice for McFarlane. Honestly I would love to get one, but the current situation may not allow it. 

This is kind of a nice thing for us collector, since companies now could offer more things directly to us, without worrying about leftovers or big money losses. 

For breaking $1.7 million Todd is now adding some sculpting additions to the Modern version of the Spawn figure. Like we see on the MK11 Spawn figure, if you buy the Kickstarter Modern Spawn figure as an individual purchase he is going to be adding the modified big spiked boot on the right foot.

If you get the Kickstarter 3 pack he will include on the Modern Spawn figure the big boot as well as the big spiked gauntlet which is also featured on the MK 11 Spawn. See the comparison of the Classic Spawn with the MK11 Spawn below for an idea of what I am talking about.

Spawn-Remastered-Kickstarter-22.jpg

1 hour ago, Satam said:

Modern should really include the gauntlet regardless of whether it's purchased individually or as part of the three pack, but maybe he'll do that upgrade when it hits $1.9 million or something.

I wouldnt be surprised.

This was the first Kickstarter I backed...I went with Modern Spawn and so far my wishes have become reality.  Hoping for a masked head for Modern Spawn and a gauntlet for his arm.  It seems like everyday something new is added and I'm all for it.  50 is a bit high for me but I'll give it to Todd, he's made it worth everyone's while....especially since MK Spawn is costing just as much on the secondary market (since it can't seem to stay rooted in stores). I'll take this as an alternative.

WEAPONS UPDATE

Todd McFarlane has updated his Kickstarter for the The Original SPAWN Action Figure with details about what figure will get what weapons. As of this posting the Kickstarter has currently obtained $1,758,144 with 16 days to go.

There are three different versions of the figure you can choose from or an option to get all three. There is the "Classic Spawn" which is based on the original 1995 figure. There is the same figure repainted to look like the Mortal Kombat 11 Spawn which is designated "Modern Spawn". Finally there is a black and white "Artist Proof" version of the classic Spawn.

Spawn-Remastered-Kickstarter-01__scaled_600.jpg

Since the Kickstarter first started a few weeks ago, Todd has added quit of few additions to the various figure options. So besides the weapons we are going to recap everything each figure is supposed to include for you. Each figure will come in a nice slip-box type package and have a comic book drawn by McFalane himself. There are also options to have a Todd McFarlane autograph plate included to be displayed with the figures.

Classic-Spawn__scaled_600.jpg

For those who purchase just the "Classic Spawn" figure at $40, you will get the following:

- Metal Chains At Waist
- Extra Grip Hands
- Masked Headsculpt
- Unmasked Screaming Headsculpt
- Wood Spike Weapon (With Autograph Version)
- Machine Gun

Modern-Spawn__scaled_600.jpg

For those who purchase just the "Modern Spawn" figure at $40, you will get the following:

- Metal Chains At Waist
- Extra Grip Hands
- Unmasked Shoelace Headsculpt
- Unmasked Human Headsculpt
- Sculpted Large Spike Boot For Right Foot
- Wood Spike Weapon (With Autographed Edition)
- Machine Gun
- Launcher Machine Gun Weapon

Artist-Proof-Spawn__scaled_600.jpg

For those who purchase just the "Artist Proof" figure at $40, you will get the following black and white accessories:

- Metal Chains At Waist
- Extra Grip Hands
- Unpainted Masked Headsculpt
- Unpainted Unmasked Screaming Headsculpt
- Unpainted Wood Spike Weapon (With Autograph Version)
- Unpainted Machine Gun Weapon
- Unpainted Necro Sword

Spawn-Remastered-Kickstarter-15__scaled_600.jpg

For those who purchase just the "Figure 3-Pack (Classic, Modern & Artist Proof)" figures at $160, you will get the following:

- Metal Chains At Waist
- Masked Headsculpt
- Unmasked Screaming Headsculpt
- Unmasked Shoelace Headsculpt
- Unmasked Human Headsculpt
- Unpainted Masked Headsculpt
- Unpainted Unmasked Screaming Headsculpt
- Extra Grip Hands (3 sets for each figure)
- Modern Spawn Figure Will Include Sculpted Large Spike Boot For Right Foot and Pointed Spiked Wrist Gauntlet
- 3 Wood Spike Weapons (One will be unpainted)
- Launcher Machine Gun Weapon
- Unpainted Necro Sword
- As-Of-Yet Determined Weapon For Classic Spawn

The Launcher Machine Gun for the "Modern Spawn" figure and the Unpainted Necro Sword for the "Artist Proof" Spawn figure are the latest additions to be added to the Kickstarter.

Spawn-Kickstarter-Weapon-Artist-Proof-Spawn.jpg

Spawn-Kickstarter-Weapon-Modern-Spawn.jpg

Im digging the extra sculting on the Modern spawn, my main concern at first was that they were just basically repaints but with the gauntlet and boot its enough of a change for the figures to look diferent enough next to each other, now with all the weapons and extra heads my only problem will be with what accesories and headsculpts to display the figures in jajaja, lets see what more we end up getting before the end of the dateline

Am absolutely digging the Necro sword sculp, hopefully we get a painted version included. The only thing I can think of including is a masked head with the modern Spawn.

I believe Todd is going to be getting a working prototype before the campaign is over, would love to see how the articulation works. Hopefully there are not many cuts in the figure to break up the scuplt.