JayC

Full Details For The Original SPAWN Action Figure & Comic Remastered Kickstarter Details And Images

McFarlane Toys has released official details and images for their The Original SPAWN Action Figure Kickstarter which launches later today. The figure will be 7" and have double the articulation as the original figure released back in the 90's, and will include a folding cape. Read on for full details and images below:

In 1992 the very first Spawn comic book hit the shelves setting a sales record for an independent. A few years later in 1995, the first Spawn action figure was released to critical acclaim and helped usher in a whole new way of giving you detail and ‘art’ to your action figures.

Now, twenty-five years later, Todd MacFarlane is joining forces with Kickstarter to help deliver an updated version of that original 1995 toy & comic release. This figure will be 7 inches tall and come with a huge folding cape and weapon. The articulation in this version will be more than double what the original toy had, and the included comic will be re-drawn by the international award-winning artist and creator of the Spawn character, Todd McFarlane.

As well, this new remastered version will come in its own box with slipcover to help preserve the condition of the figure, comic and packaging. And speaking of the actual blister packaging, it will mimic the original design from the classic toy of 1995, though upgrades will be all across the final product.

A new resealable shell will be used so that you may take out you figure and comic for display, but also be able to return them both into their packaging like you have never opened it in the first place!

Finally, if you choose, you can get an autograph by Todd McFarlane himself. Todd will be personally signing a name plate that can be used for display with your comic and toy. And each autographed item will also come with a bonus weapon: A reimagining of the wooden plank weapon from that original Spawn figure from 1995.

To simplify this offering, there will be only four levels: A CLASSIC costume version. A MODERN costume version (with new head), an ARTIST PROOF (what we’re calling the ‘black & white) and lastly the 3-PAK bundle which will include a Classic, Modern and Black & White figure. The latter two figure getting new head sculpts!)

The first three levels will be offered with or without an autograph while the 3-Pak will only be offered with an autograph. And each of the single figures will have a NEW never seen before covers drawn by Todd McFarlane himself.

This is your chance to get in on history as it repeats itself in this remastered version of the character and toy that helped changed the industry of action figures itself.

Figure Price:

$50 for articulated Spawn figure, weapon, and premium box

$85 for Todd McFarlane signed placard, Spawn articulated figure, weapon, and premium box

Fulfillment:

Shipping in the Continental U.S. will be FREE.

This Kickstarter offering is accepting international orders. Additional shipping will be added to total depending on where a customer’s international destination is located.

•  

Spawn-Remastered-Kickstarter-01.jpg

Spawn-Remastered-Kickstarter-02.jpg

Spawn-Remastered-Kickstarter-03.jpg

Spawn-Remastered-Kickstarter-04.jpg

Spawn-Remastered-Kickstarter-05.jpg

Spawn-Remastered-Kickstarter-06.jpg

Spawn-Remastered-Kickstarter-07.jpg

Spawn-Remastered-Kickstarter-09.jpg

Spawn-Remastered-Kickstarter-10.jpg

Spawn-Remastered-Kickstarter-11.jpg

Spawn-Remastered-Kickstarter-12.jpg

Spawn-Remastered-Kickstarter-13.jpg

Spawn-Remastered-Kickstarter-14.jpg

Spawn-Remastered-Kickstarter-15.jpg

Spawn-Remastered-Kickstarter-16.jpg

Spawn-Remastered-Kickstarter-17.jpg

Spawn-Remastered-Kickstarter-18.jpg

Spawn-Remastered-Kickstarter-19.jpg

• Thanks 1

It sounds fair, but no thanks, crowdfunding is not my cup of tea and then the price is out of my budget, I like Spawn but I'm not a super fan either, I also think McF should have shown at least one computer generated model showing how the articulated figure will look to give people a clearer idea of what people will get in the end, that static figure does not help and finally I reiterate that I do not think this is an appropriate time for a crowdfunding campaign.

I guess I'll have to settle with the MK XI Spawn then.

• Thanks 1

Im loving the design, looks great and it seems to have good articulation for me. Will be in on this!

• Thanks 1

So I am guessing this will have somewhere around 14 points of articulation. That would be around double of the original.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is a helpful info, design definitely looks cool, i hope there will be a video attached when this launches today at least showing an articulated prototype of the figure and some of those items mentioned.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, JayC said:

So I am guessing this will have somewhere around 14 points of articulation. That would be around double of the original.

Wow, wouldn't it have been better and cheaper just to re-issue the MKIX figure (with its 20ish POA) and just add the new cape, the weapons, and the alternate heads in a less fancy packaging and try to sell them at least only through online retailers, specialized and comic shops?.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Neovorticism2 said:

Wow, wouldn't it have been better and cheaper just to re-issue the MKIX figure (with its 20ish POA) and just add the new cape, the weapons, and the alternate heads in a less fancy packaging and try to sell them at least only through online retailers, specialized and comic shops?

We'll never know, I guess.

• Thanks 1

I've never seen a Kickstarter get funded so fast.

• Thanks 1

The figure is cool, but including shipping and just the base figure it's around 100 Canadian. That's a bit steep for figure. Honestly I dont' care about the folding cape or whatever, but additional hands and weapon effects would have been better money spent.

• Thanks 1

Well, I suppose despite all the bad things that are currently happening, people won't stop spending on what they like, and well, I suppose if BBTS opens preorders maybe, maybe I'd consider getting the classic instead the MKXI. version.

• Thanks 1

correct me if Im wrong but from what I understand of the descriptions there will be 5 diferent versions:
Classic Spawn
Modern Spawn (Shoelace Head)
Modern Spawn (Al Simmons Head exclusive for the 3 pack)
Black and white Spawn (Regular Head)
Black and White Spawn (Hamburger Head exclusive for the 3 pack)

What Im not clear about is will the figures only have 1 head each or will the 3 pack ones come with both the regular and the exclusive heads, and will the modern one come only with the shoelace head? 

• Thanks 1

So im confused, this is articulated but presented as a statue? or is it like the old McFarlane days where we got articulated figures that were stuck in predetermined poses where the articulation made no sense to have since you couldnt actually get it into a pose at all. I get that they tend to have a proof of the sculpt but to promote a highly articulated figure and to just have it in a set pose thats not even showing anything articulated seems very weird to me. Apparently its no big deal to anyone else since its already a success. I wish him all the best in this and it is a nice staction figure but I want to see it set up in sick ass poses, not just a singular statuesque one. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

So im confused, this is articulated but presented as a statue? or is it like the old McFarlane days where we got articulated figures that were stuck in predetermined poses where the articulation made no sense to have since you couldnt actually get it into a pose at all. I get that they tend to have a proof of the sculpt but to promote a highly articulated figure and to just have it in a set pose thats not even showing anything articulated seems very weird to me. Apparently its no big deal to anyone else since its already a success. I wish him all the best in this and it is a nice staction figure but I want to see it set up in sick ass poses, not just a singular statuesque one. 

The video above breaks down the articulation.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, abnuggler said:

correct me if Im wrong but from what I understand of the descriptions there will be 5 diferent versions:
Classic Spawn
Modern Spawn (Shoelace Head)
Modern Spawn (Al Simmons Head exclusive for the 3 pack)
Black and white Spawn (Regular Head)
Black and White Spawn (Hamburger Head exclusive for the 3 pack)

What Im not clear about is will the figures only have 1 head each or will the 3 pack ones come with both the regular and the exclusive heads, and will the modern one come only with the shoelace head? 

4 versions. A CLASSIC costume version. A MODERN costume version (with new head), an ARTIST PROOF (what we’re calling the ‘black & white) and lastly the 3-PAK bundle which will include a Classic, Modern and Black & White figure. The latter two figure getting new head sculpts!)

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JayC said:

The video above breaks down the articulation.

the mini vignette? yeah i saw that, I just prefer seeing what the figure is capable of doing from a posing perspective. And it worries me when the heads are in a static turn position as the sculpt itself and not already having the articulation cuts(and yeah i know its in the video). It just seems weird to me to advertise and display it like that instead of already in articulated poses. We ve already seen what hes capable of so I guess it just leaves trust that it will turn out well. 

• Thanks 1

Well I just backed the Classic Spawn, the articulation seems to be the same as the Mortal Kombat Spawn minus the ab crunch which I'm perfectly fine with and that cape looks insane! The other two, the modern and the black and white versions are nice as well but I can only get one and nothing beats that classic look.

Nice insensitive to get that 3 pack to include those extra heads and the Todd signed card.

• Thanks 1

This is def far more articulation than I have anticipated, which is great, but at the same time it does seem disappointing that it’s shown only in 3d rendering and not on actual figure Prototype, which would have been far more effective presentation, if we get to see an actual figure prototypes for regular series we should also see closest thing to the real thing in cases like this,  especially when they are asking for money in advance. 

• Thanks 1

Even if McF had gone the static route I am sure the campaign would have been founded anyway, there are many people who would have liked to see him return to his roots and sacrifice articulation  for detail.

• Thanks 1

As I ranted on in the other thread about this, this is a no for me, judging from the promo shots, maybe this isn't the final product, but no ab crunch no knee bend, if this is the case, this is just more of mcfarlane b.s. I don't want to invest in anymore, I have enough Spawn stuff that I won't be spending my money on another almost static figure, the 12'' Spawn I got still wins over this one as far as I'm seeing

but let's see what actually comes to fruition with this.. I might still be on board

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

As I ranted on in the other thread about this, this is a no for me, judging from the promo shots, maybe this isn't the final product, but no ab crunch no knee bend, if this is the case, this is just more of mcfarlane b.s. I don't want to invest in anymore, I have enough Spawn stuff that I won't be spending my money on another almost static figure, the 12'' Spawn I got still wins over this one as far as I'm seeing

but let's see what actually comes to fruition with this.. I might still be on board

Ab crunch remains to be seen, but I believe even the original series 1 Spawn from Todd Toys had knee joints.

• Thanks 1