NECA 2001 Godzilla Re-Issue Figure Packaging

JayC

this is really awesome, I'd like to be more of a Godzilla collector, but I always find myself happy with what I own, only so much Zilla I feel I need, plus my house has too many zilla posters, he can't take up to much space, I was super happy getting the Atomic blue guy at christmas, If I see this though I'd buy it , I liked the look of this figure

7 hours ago, Neovorticism2 said:

A pity that BBTS hasn't had all these reissues available, I don't know where else to look for, although I would like to know if the QC improved a little.

In terms of QC, paint apps seem to be a little better on the boxed reissues than the clamshells, but the joints can still be tricky. I have been extremely lucky with my NECA Godzillas so far. 17 figures and no apparent issues.

Target, FYE, and GameStop were my primary sources for the NECA Godzilla figures, I haven’t checked online to see if their websites carrying the same as their stores.

7 hours ago, Neovorticism2 said:

Well a pity that 5 out of the 6 figures I got have had QC issues, the worst being the Godzilla 94 with the pop off head and the 2014 Godzilla with the tip of the wendy wire coming out of the tail, the rest being bad paint apps and scratch dents.

Sorry for the raw deal. That’s why I prefer to buy NECA figures in stores, too much of a gamble online. They are a great affordable alternative, but you do need to perform some quality screening to avoid the QC issues. As a result of the current Situation, I won’t be buying any NECA figures until things return to normal.

That said, NECA has improved since their initial run at the Godzilla line, their new Showa figures have been exceptional in design and quality IMO.

14 hours ago, Batfreak87 said:

12 inch...not a bad height for a Godzilla fig. 

Unfortunately, the standard NECA Godzillas are only 6” tall, the 12” head to tail indicates their approx. length. Good for shelf space. NECA has only released G2014 as a 12” tall x 24” length.

1 hour ago, Neovorticism2 said:

I still wonder why Neca decided to make an exception with Godzilla and made the figures in 6" instead of the usual 7”, also why they can make a 12” Godzilla and an oversized alien queen that cost more than a standard sized figure but argue that it is not profitable to produce a King Ghidorah.

Questions I have pondered for some time but have no real answer to, only guesses. I know Toho is notoriously difficult to work with. Each of their monsters must be purchased separately to be licensed for use and they are reportedly not cheap. It may all come down to the license cost vs projected profits.

NECA can make the Alien Queen under their Alien license with no additional license charge. I don’t believe there was a blanket KotM license for NECA to buy. To make the King Ghidorah figure, they would have had to buy that KG license in addition to Godzilla, Mothra, and Rodan. Once again, I’m speculating, but that may have been what drove the price to make the figure above the potential profit for NECA. The KG figure would have definitely moved off the shelves, the fan base was clamoring for it (myself included).

That’s my guess.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2020 at 4:45 PM, GojiBill said:

Unfortunately, the standard NECA Godzillas are only 6” tall, the 12” head to tail indicates their approx. length. Good for shelf space. NECA has only released G2014 as a 12” tall x 24” length.

Oh ok, I see, that is disappointing. Thanks for the clarity.

• Like 1