Star Wars: The High Republic

Star Wars Explores A New Era This August With 'The High Republic'

Begining August 2020, a new era of Star Wars will be explored. One set hundreds of years before the Skywalkers, with new heroes, villains, and worlds...

sw_luminous_ya_cover0220-2__scaled_600.jpg

star-wars-high-republic-poster-b-0220__scaled_600.jpg

sw_luminous_mg_cover-0220-2__scaled_600.jpg

star-wars-high-republic-poster-0220__scaled_600.jpg

Introducing The Jedi Of Star Wars: The High Republic

star-wars-high-republic-poster-0220__sca

Set 200 years before the Skywalker Saga, Star Wars: The High Republic is a publishing event set to launch in Fall 2020. Here's a look at some of the Jedi of this era

"...The Jedi Knights of the High Republic are both aspirational and inspirational. In short, they’re the good guys...

...They are all different, approaching the Force in individual and unique ways and yet are united with a common goal. They serve not out of unwavering dogma, but a deep passion to protect light and life. And they’re all at different stages in their individual journeys. Some have experience on their side, some have the exuberance of youth. Some are still finding their place in the Order while others step naturally into leadership roles. Some may not have chosen to work with the Jedi they’ve been posted alongside, but all are dedicated to be a guiding light for the galaxy. Individually they are strong, together they are invincible, but like the best heroes they each have lessons to learn and challenges to overcome. Exciting times lie ahead.”

Head over to StarWars.com to find out more about the Jedi pictured in the GALLERY below.

high-republic-keeve-trennis-00921__scaled_600.jpg

high-republic-stellan-gios-12652__scaled_600.jpg

high-republic-loden-greatstorm-08943__scaled_600.jpg

high-republic-vernestra-vern-rwoh-21641__scaled_600.jpg

high-republic-keeve-trennis-00921__scaled_600.jpg

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...
unnamed%20(1)__scaled_600.jpg

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed (2).jpg

unnamed (3).jpg

Hmm, I thought it was marvel that published every star wars-related comic book now. To be honest I haven't been interested in any of the comic book series from this new Expanded Universe, this one sounds interesting although I was never very interested in the period of time before the Clone Wars.

Interesting that they went with IDW and not Marvel. I have been interested in this project since they first announced it. I have always liked the pre movies time period because of the freedom it offers the writers to come up with ideas.

• 1 month later...
In the all-new era of the glorious HIGH REPUBLIC, the noble and wise Jedi Knights must face a frightening threat to themselves, the galaxy, and to the Force itself...

Join host Kristin Baver, Lucasfilm's Michael Siglain, and authors Charles Soule, Justina Ireland, Cavan Scott, Claudia Gray, and Daniel José Older as they dive into the first stories of the new era of Star Wars storytelling, Star Wars: The High Republic.

Learn more about #StarWarsTheHighRepublic on StarWars.com and purchase the first books and comics in the multi-platform initiative today at https://books.disney.com/star-wars-the-high-republic/

Launching in January 2021, Star Wars: The High Republic will be explored through multiple voices and span adult and young adult novels, children’s books, and comics from a variety of publishers. StarWars.com takes a look at some of the starring villains.

The Drengir - "Sentient plant-life who are looking to reap a terrible harvest across the galactic frontier,... They are sinister, unstoppable and, as we’ll find out, inescapably linked to the fate of one of our High Republic Jedi…”

the-drengir-concept-art-34532__scaled_60

The Nihil - "..,Brutal, savage marauders, based in the Outer Rim,...The Nihil are organized into three main divisions called Tempests, each with its own captain who wields total control”

the-nihil-concept-art-23423__scaled_600.

the-nihil-concept-art-34542__scaled_600.

"Marchion Ro holds an important post within the greater Nihil organization — he is the Eye of the Nihil, as was his father before him. He doesn’t give the orders — that’s up to the Tempest Runners — but in a very real way, everything revolves around him”

marchion-ro-concept-art-8363__scaled_600

StarWarscom has given a look at the heroes and villains for this event, and here is a look at some of the ship and vehicle designs.

Jedi Vector

the-high-republic-ships-and-vehicles-jed

The Battleships of the Nihil

the-high-republic-ships-and-vehicles-nih

Republic Longbeam

the-high-republic-ships-and-vehicles-rep

Starlight Becon

the-high-republic-ships-and-vehicles-sta

You can find out more at StarWars.com

Those ships don't look so Star Wars 'ish to me and those nihil guys look more like taken from some Steampunk or Post apocalyptic fan art, but I certainly find it an interesting project even though I never noticed any event prior to Episode I in the previous canon and at the moment other projects place the action more in the imperial or post-imperial period.

• Find Action Figures on Ebay

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE