New TMNT Movie Walmart Exclusive 7" Casey Jones And Raphael In Disguise 2-Pack Image

JayC

7 minutes ago, JayC said:

Def sold out at Walmart. Had one in cart but it disappeared before I could get through the check out process.

What time did you see it say in stock to even add it to your cart?  I’m an insomniac who happened to be in the middle of a pretty sleepless night so I’ve been refreshing the page pretty darn often on my phone since Midnight and never saw it go to in stock at all 

11 minutes ago, InspectorZartan said:

What time did you see it say in stock to even add it to your cart?  I’m an insomniac who happened to be in the middle of a pretty sleepless night so I’ve been refreshing the page pretty darn often on my phone since Midnight and never saw it go to in stock at all 

about 15 mins ago. From what I understand Walmart put it up but the site got hammered so hard they turned it off to make sure the traffic was legit which then showed it out of stock. They then turned it back on a short time later so it was available again, but sold out again in seconds. I never saw that initial in stock but did see it the second time which is when I got one in my cart, but then it disappeared before I could actually check out.

42 minutes ago, JayC said:

about 15 mins ago. From what I understand Walmart put it up but the site got hammered so hard they turned it off to make sure the traffic was legit which then showed it out of stock. They then turned it back on a short time later so it was available again, but sold out again in seconds. I never saw that initial in stock but did see it the second time which is when I got one in my cart, but then it disappeared before I could actually check out.

Wow!  Yeah pretty amazing.  Like I said I’ve been hitting refresh periodically all night but particularly in the last hour or so I’ve literally been hitting refresh every minute and still never even saw it.  So frustrating.  

The funny thing is I’m lucky enough to get to attend SDCC every year (when it happens) so the supposedly more rare/harder to get convention Turtles sets I’ve gotten easily, but these ones that are supposed to be readily available at regular retail and produced  in higher numbers I’ve had zero luck on.  So frustrating.  

Unfortunately it’s becoming one of these things where despite being super excited for this line and ready to spend my money on it it’s looking more and more like I might end up dropping out just because they are so impossible to find.  I’m not throwing in the towel fully quite yet but unless these come back online again realistically I’ll never get them because there are zero Walmart’s in the city limits of Los Angeles so the closest one Is over an hour away each way in traffic and given the pandemic guidelines there is probably roughly an hour wait time on top of that to get in the store once you arrive so no way am I spending 3 hours going to Walmart for something I probably won’t find (which given how I’ve had zero success in store at Target for Bebop and Rocksteady despite having multiple Targets and frequenting them often I’m guessing finding this in the 1 and only Walmart servicing a city of 11 million people will be even worse.  So no way am I going to waste 3 hours attempting that.  Ugh.  

I think its pretty funny how the international folk who can buy it straight off the NECA site are having no problem getting this if they want. Been available there for over an hour.

13 minutes ago, JayC said:

I think its pretty funny how the international folk who can buy it straight off the NECA site are having no problem getting this if they want. Been available there for over an hour.

Hmmm.... Really?  That is funny/interesting.  

Yeah, even when I’ve had to order things like limited edition NYCC exclusives off of NECA I’ve never had a problem.  It’s just Walmart/Target that seems to be making it difficult/impossible (which is the polar opposite of how it should be).  

Just got home and had a chance to check the international link. Definitely still has in stock. For once it's easy to get new NECA TMNT stuff. A joyous day for us Canadians + international folk. I really hope they keep doing this with the line going forward. Will buy a lot more NECA products if they offer it online to CAN like this. Big thank you to Randy 

1 hour ago, JayC said:

I never saw it available on the Walmart app, I’m pretty sure the number of times I refreshed the app was yelling at me to quit being so thirsty for the set. Oh well, time to hunt them down. Any word on when they will hit shelves?  

1 hour ago, ELCruze said:

I never saw it available on the Walmart app, I’m pretty sure the number of times I refreshed the app was yelling at me to quit being so thirsty for the set. Oh well, time to hunt them down. Any word on when they will hit shelves?  

Next week or so but from what ive heard stores right now are only getting 2.

Borrowed this image from Anthony on the NECA Fan Page. Looks like that's it for online.  Wanted to share just in case there were stll people sitting in from of their computer hitting that refresh button every 2 secs in hopes it would say in stock. I would be very surprised if they dont restock online at some point but dont think it will be today.

105491093_1356111881247494_3976043722166759007_o.jpg

I guess NECA needs to offer them this way due to licensing restrictions ,as frustrating as it may be. I don't have any Walmarts near me so I'll have to resort to eBay if I want this unless the website stocks more which I wouldn't be surprised.

5 hours ago, JayC said:

Borrowed this image from Anthony on the NECA Fan Page. Looks like that's it for online.  Wanted to share just in case there were stll people sitting in from of their computer hitting that refresh button every 2 secs in hopes it would say in stock. I would be very surprised if they dont restock online at some point but dont think it will be today.

105491093_1356111881247494_3976043722166759007_o.jpg

Good to know, but unfortunate.  

4 hours ago, 80sboy4 said:

I guess NECA needs to offer them this way due to licensing restrictions ,as frustrating as it may be. I don't have any Walmarts near me so I'll have to resort to eBay if I want this unless the website stocks more which I wouldn't be surprised.

I’m in the same boat with not having any Walmart’s near me.  Thing is based on this plus having no luck at Target with Bebop and Rocksteady this seems like it would end up being just one of many many many “resorts to eBay”.   It’s one thing to have to resort to eBay once in awhile for a modern action figure—if it’s something that happens once or twice a year to pick up an annual convention exclusive or to get those one or two figures you just couldn’t find in order to complete your set, but the idea of collecting an entire line this way and resorting to eBay for each and every one of the dozens of releases NECA will be putting out this way is frustrating and unsustainable.  

And I’m confident this isn’t what NECA wants either so there must be a better solution.  Has there been any information out there on if NECA’s license restricts them only producing these at a certain low quantity (and thus is unable to produce enough to get anywhere near demand)? 

I’m also not seeing NECA getting a lot of benefit from this Walmart/Target relationship.  In theory having a relationship with these giant retailers are supposed to help in two ways.  1) Distribution.  But as we see that’s not really true since time and time again there are distribution problems with these giant retailers.  Add to that the fact that NECA has to hire their own labor to actually stock the shelves.  2) Reaching new audiences.  Generally people want to gain shelf spaces at these big retailers so that people not already aware of their product can stumble across it and thus become a customer they wouldn’t have had otherwise.  But in this case that’s not actually happening because seemingly these things are either not reaching a store shelf at all or reaching the store shelf and then being bought up and disappearing so quickly that they are never seen.  If die hard collectors On a mission and committed to put in the work to specifically find them are constantly coming up short then the probability of a casual shopper having a window of opportunity to find them by accident and be converted into a customer is practically non-existent.  

• Like 1

After seeing how fast this pre-order disintegrated here from Canadian retailers, I feel like it's too much of a pain, to buy a 2pack I only want 1 figure in, so inless this some how shows up easy to grab I'm done fretting, and hoping we can get that Casey eventually by himself.. I have hopes since so far they've done that, other than that, I'm going to just try and grab Tokka & rahzar and be done, inless I get blessed with a Super Shredder or they release an April , if it's no Casey for me..ah well I love what I already have

Just random aside but I am wondering how much deeper can this movie line actually go beyond what’s already been revealed?  I mean in the first movie the only remaining major characters I can think of are April, Danny, and Tatsu.  For Secret of the Ooze there’s a new actress playing April, and Vanilla Ice.  I’m sure there are a handful of characters and Samaria from part 3 that might be notable but I don’t recall that film well enough to call any of them out.  Is there anyone I’m missing?  

Of the 5 I mention all 5 would require likeness rights, 2 would be the same character being played by 2 different actresses (so not sure if that would be sought after).  Sure there are variations that could be done like giving us versions of the different puppet turtle costumes they switched to between sequels but outside of that how much longer and deeper can this 1990s movie based toyline go?