What Would A New 3 3/4" G.I. Joe Line Look Like To You?

JayC

3 hours ago, iRandom said:

I feel that 3.75" is ideal for GIJ since the vehicles were always such a great part of the line and the nostalgia. The fact that most vehicles included figures was a great way to get kids buying the vehicles. And once you picked up a vehicles you realized how fun it was and wanted more! I was tempted by the Battle Force 2000 stuff even after I had already sold off all toys in my misguided quest to grow up.

I'm following all the Joe news as a spectator since I'm trying to limit what properties I spend money on. However, I would definitely go for a rereleased version of the old Zartan and Serpentor sets.

You said it...a new updated but retro version of Zaratn and Swamp Skier and Serpentor and Chariot is what i need in my life right now!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thanks 1

If these are O-Ring 3 3/4 figures, i'm not sure what "New" figures they can come up with except for Pythona and Dr. Venom?

They made every other figure I can recall from the comics or cartoon in "O-Ring" style. They did the entire Oktober Guard, Big Lob, Kwinn. They even did a Vietnam Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow. Crimson Twins in their Business suits. Unmasked figures, Hologram figures, General Flagg.

I believe the 25th anniversary style took it one step further, I think they've re-done the entire line and cartoon series,  as well as foreign variants and new figures. (But I don't collect this line)

I'm open to "New" O-Ring figures:

1) Pythona

2) Dr. Venom

3) Kwinn (Jungle costume)

4) Dr. Biggles-Jones

5) Snake (from Transformers)

6) Cobra Commander (Snake version from Movie)

7) Evey (from the DIC series) 

Rocky Balboa

Zanya from the Devils Due

Cobra Commander Movie Version with Cape and Staff

Dr. Mindbender Winter Gear

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Flounnderr said:

If these are O-Ring 3 3/4 figures, i'm not sure what "New" figures they can come up with except for Pythona and Dr. Venom?

They made every other figure I can recall from the comics or cartoon in "O-Ring" style. They did the entire Oktober Guard, Big Lob, Kwinn. They even did a Vietnam Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow. Crimson Twins in their Business suits. Unmasked figures, Hologram figures, General Flagg.

I believe the 25th anniversary style took it one step further, I think they've re-done the entire line and cartoon series,  as well as foreign variants and new figures. (But I don't collect this line)

1) Pythona

2) Dr. Venom

4) Dr. Biggles-Jones

Rocky Balboa

That is a great list!  How about some new Cobra La figures too?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, iRandom said:

Yes, but did they do The Wiper? For some reason that episode has stuck in my head all these years!

YESSSS!!!!  The VIPER aka the wiper...it has always been in my mind as well.  I can still see how scared they were when that little old man showed up.  I watched that episode on regular TV as a kid!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, jsmooth said:

YESSSS!!!!  The VIPER aka the wiper...it has always been in my mind as well.  I can still see how scared they were when that little old man showed up.  I watched that episode on regular TV as a kid!

That was an excellent episode with a lot of drama into it.

They also showed variations of the Cobra trooper attires in gym clothes.

34 minutes ago, Roadpigmaster said:

That was an excellent episode with a lot of drama into it.

They also showed variations of the Cobra trooper attires in gym clothes.

Those were just the best episodes.  nothing like that on TV anymore...sad.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Neovorticism2 said:

In that case, I think, many people (3 3/4 fans only) would get at least some, those whose designs do not seem so drastically modernized to them, and would only swap the new weapons with those from past lines.

I agree, they have a better chance of more sales by making them 3 3/4.  

• Thanks 1

I think the answer of which Figures are coming for the retro line will been found at www.gijoe.com

They have old characters and even comic characters that it looks to me are going to be part of the available GI Joe team coming up...

Hate to be the Debbie downer but I really dont expect much from this line. My guess it will be re-issues of figures they already did, probably from the 25th Anniversary line. I almost guarantee thats what the HISS Tank and Awe Striker will be. If you dont have those then it will be cool, but I have to imagine most Joe fans that will be into these will have already gotten the figures previously. My hope however is perhaps Hasbro will re-release some of the figures that previously were only available exclusively through the GIJoe Collector Club. I ended up with a number of holes in my 25th Anniversary 3 3/4" collection due to the fact I wasn't willing to pay to join a club to then pay high prices for their figures.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JayC said:

Hate to be the Debbie downer but I really dont expect much from this line. My guess it will be re-issues of figures they already did, probably from the 25th Anniversary line. I almost guarantee thats what the HISS Tank and Awe Striker will be. If you dont have those then it will be cool, but I have to imagine most Joe fans that will be into these will have already gotten the figures previously. My hope however is perhaps Hasbro will re-release some of the figures that previously were only available exclusively through the GIJoe Collector Club. I ended up with a number of holes in my 25th Anniversary 3 3/4" collection due to the fact I wasn't willing to pay to join a club to then pay high prices for their figures.

I agree.  It is already beginning to look like something I will not collect.

• Thanks 1

On 6/17/2020 at 3:48 PM, Flounnderr said:

1) Pythona

2) Dr. Venom

4) Dr. Biggles-Jones

Rocky Balboa

To my mind most of the new sculpt era figures are so different in sculpt and design that if they were to be done in the more classic 80s o-ring style it would count as “new”.  So that opens up to include all of the GI Joe VS Cobra, Valor vs Venom, and Spy Troops original characters as well as many characters that had figures premier in those comic 3-packs or convention sets.  Then you have a bunch of characters that were only made as toys in the modern era style like Billy, Pythona, Helix, Dr Venom, Tombstone, Female Dial Tone, Crimson Asp, etc etc.  And there are other out of scale Joe characters like Sgt Savage, or Lt Stone that could certainly be done.  And then of course there are the ones that have never ever received a plastic figure like  Dawn Moreno, Col Sharp, Soft Master, Ronin, Mayday, Firewall, Wade Collins, Vance Wingfield, Agent Mara, Hector Ramirez, General Rey, the never made members of the Plague, etc etc.  Some are more obscure than others but all are ones I would love to see.  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JayC said:

You think the 25th will be 25th rereleases instead of O-Ring rereleases.  I don’t know, I have to think it will be O-Ring style.  Between Hasbro doing retro Kenner Star Wars and G1 Transformers, Playmates doing retro Turtles, and Mattel doing MOTU origins o-ring GI Joes are the last of the big 5 not to go back and get rereleases meant to look and feel like their 80s roots.  That seems to be what’s in vogue with the big toy companies right now (also lets not forget retro Kenner Ghostbusters).  That said I suspect either way it will just be straight up reproduction of the originals.  It will either be a small sample of the original 13 plus some Cobra or a sample of all stars like Duke, Snake Eyes, Flint, Scarlet, Roadblock etc.  Me listing New characters is just fantasy booking what I’d like to see not what I actually think I’ll see.  

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, InspectorZartan said:

You think the 25th will be 25th rereleases instead of O-Ring rereleases.  I don’t know, I have to think it will be O-Ring style.  Between Hasbro doing retro Kenner Star Wars and G1 Transformers, Playmates doing retro Turtles, and Mattel doing MOTU origins o-ring GI Joes are the last of the big 5 not to go back and get rereleases meant to look and feel like their 80s roots.  That seems to be what’s in vogue with the big toy companies right now (also lets not forget retro Kenner Ghostbusters).  That said I suspect either way it will just be straight up reproduction of the originals.  It will either be a small sample of the original 13 plus some Cobra or a sample of all stars like Duke, Snake Eyes, Flint, Scarlet, Roadblock etc.  Me listing New characters is just fantasy booking what I’d like to see not what I actually think I’ll see.  

The Big Five???? What about Thundercats!!!!!

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, InspectorZartan said:

To my mind most of the new sculpt era figures are so different in sculpt and design that if they were to be done in the more classic 80s o-ring style it would count as “new”.  So that opens up to include all of the GI Joe VS Cobra, Valor vs Venom, and Spy Troops original characters as well as many characters that had figures premier in those comic 3-packs or convention sets.  Then you have a bunch of characters that were only made as toys in the modern era style like Billy, Pythona, Helix, Dr Venom, Tombstone, Female Dial Tone, Crimson Asp, etc etc.  And there are other out of scale Joe characters like Sgt Savage, or Lt Stone that could certainly be done.  And then of course there are the ones that have never ever received a plastic figure like  Dawn Moreno, Col Sharp, Soft Master, Ronin, Mayday, Firewall, Wade Collins, Vance Wingfield, Agent Mara, Hector Ramirez, General Rey, the never made members of the Plague, etc etc.  Some are more obscure than others but all are ones I would love to see.  

How about a new Sgt. Slaughter!!!!!

• Thanks 1

Honestly I think a 3 3/4” would be nice.  It’s a good way to show collectors hasbro hasn’t forgotten them.  I mean most kids don’t know anything about G.I. Joe so pretty much everything is aimed at us.  

• Thanks 1

After watching the artworks at the official GI Joe web site I think Hasbro is going to re release the ARAH, Spy Troops/Valor Vs Venom Figures and probably new Figures based on the Comics like for example Rock'n'Roll, Chuckles, Major Bludd, Road Pig, Flint, Gung-Ho, etc...

Check out the list I'm talking about on the site.

1817cc5cab43cbe6d61dddbc88a293aa.png

10 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

After watching the artworks at the official GI Joe web site I think Hasbro is going to re release the ARAH, Spy Troops/Valor Vs Venom Figures and probably new Figures based on the Comics like for example Rock'n'Roll, Chuckles, Major Bludd, Road Pig, Flint, Gung-Ho, etc...

Check out the list I'm talking about on the site.

1817cc5cab43cbe6d61dddbc88a293aa.png

EH...I am not a fan of the Valor vs Venom so if that is the case I can pass.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Cxb452 said:

Honestly I think a 3 3/4” would be nice.  It’s a good way to show collectors hasbro hasn’t forgotten them.  I mean most kids don’t know anything about G.I. Joe so pretty much everything is aimed at us.  

Absolutely...this should be aimed at the guys who grew up with it and thus they should focus on the cartoon show and remake those.  That would be cool.

• Thanks 1