MOTU Origins Orko Cardback Art Revealed

JayC

13 minutes ago, Neovorticism2 said:

Indeed. Some people are guessing the items are already in Walmart's warehouse, but for some odd reason Walmart is only selling certain items and in limited or rather tiny quantities. Perhaps give the line an early release online only would have been a better option.

When it comes to toy collecting and online sales...Wal Mart stinks!!!!

• Sad 1

On 6/24/2020 at 12:11 PM, jsmooth said:

Do you really need ANOTHER Castle Grayskull though????  I have 3 right now.

I’ve got 4 on display right now (bought 2 of the classics one for displaying both interior and exterior) so I definitely don’t need another but if they make one that is notably different I’d probably get it.  

That said even if the line does well I don’t see it performing so gangbusters to get playset level shelf space at retail.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, InspectorZartan said:

I’ve got 4 on display right now (bought 2 of the classics one for displaying both interior and exterior) so I definitely don’t need another but if they make one that is notably different I’d probably get it.  

That said even if the line does well I don’t see it performing so gangbusters to get playset level shelf space at retail.  

Look, I love MOTU.  It is the biggest aspect of my collection but I just worry that they keep on coming out with lines that remake the same figures and I am running out of space to have them!!!!

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, jsmooth said:

Look, I love MOTU.  It is the biggest aspect of my collection but I just worry that they keep on coming out with lines that remake the same figures and I am running out of space to have them!!!!

I’m with you.  It can be a bit much

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, InspectorZartan said:

I’m with you.  It can be a bit much

Seriously, when you think to collect the vintage line, then came the 2000x line, then you had mattycollector line which was HUGE, then came the super 7 line with all their different figures, and now Mattel is back.  It is a lot!

• Thanks 1

On 6/23/2020 at 5:14 PM, jsmooth said:

Nothing beats cloth!!! Nothing!!!!

I agree, in the sense that the cloth uniform was pretty much the figures gimmick back then. That, and a bunch cool weapons. But these days, in the day of lack of accessories, I think they might be happy with eliminating half the gimmick and just include the additional weaponry. Again, reference the MOTUC figure, where this is exactly what they did.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 41055_1529445590 said:

I agree, in the sense that the cloth uniform was pretty much the figures gimmick back then. That, and a bunch cool weapons. But these days, in the day of lack of accessories, I think they might be happy with eliminating half the gimmick and just include the additional weaponry. Again, reference the MOTUC figure, where this is exactly what they did.

I hear you.  I did appreciate all they added in with the figures of the MOTUC line.  It was very cool to have specific items from specific episodes that you remember watching.  Ok they should do that!!!

• Thanks 1

On 6/24/2020 at 4:18 PM, Mr_Scary92 said:

Those lucky bastards...😒

104603688_3176719122371927_2715345133475489878_o.jpg

That Sky Sled looks pretty amazing and for me it’s things like the updates on vehicles, the beasts, and Orko that have me most excited about the line.  

The vest on Adam, however, really makes him look kind of bloated unfortunately 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

It seems like a lucky guy from Alabama went to a local Walmart for medication and ended up finding this:

106361070_3620602841288571_5583898322907603011_n.jpg

Wow they are already out?

I will have to go this weekend to Walmart to star my hunt...

19 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

I wish you the best of luck when you go hunting the figures, it seems to me the distribution will be kinda troublesome at first. Something that would be very appreciated is if Mattel itself gave an explanation of the line's availability in the incoming months and if also explained to us the puzzled way in which Walmart is releasing them at the moment.

I think this problem has more to do with Walmart than what it has to do with Mattel.  That’s not to say there isn’t things Mattel could probably do to better help Walmart do a better job with these things but at the end of the day Walmart’s distribution problems have a lot more to do with the internal workings of the Walmart system and their own lack of understanding about the actual products they sell.  

2 hours ago, InspectorZartan said:

I think this problem has more to do with Walmart than what it has to do with Mattel.  That’s not to say there isn’t things Mattel could probably do to better help Walmart do a better job with these things but at the end of the day Walmart’s distribution problems have a lot more to do with the internal workings of the Walmart system and their own lack of understanding about the actual products they sell.  

Not to mention that there are people who work there who know they can sell these on Ebay or someplace and so many of them will not even make it to the pegs.  And those that do are often handled in such a way that makes them not attractive to a collector.  There are MANY problems with Wal mart!!!!

1 hour ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

After reading all the complaints from people who had trouble finding the wwe figures at their local Walmart's, I can only say: suit yourself and good luck.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=961575269&fbclid=IwAR3TPYmUgeh_jnvkZHU_cU8v1fOGX8tKJfI0di7T9fiHg5fS2Cm9uCVOO-8

Eventually it will probably be Ebay but at least then you can get it in the condition you want.

Uh, well, that would be an alternative, I'd personally suggest avoiding the secondary market as much as possible, since we already know what's the deal with it. I hope that the distribution and supply will be much better with Origins, but Walmart has lately been proving unreliable when it comes to toys and collectibles, so the more options to get this collection the better .

There is nothing like being able to walk through the toy aisle and find the one you are looking for hanging on the pegs, but those days are going to hell and the exclusivity thing on toys isn't helping neither.

Uh, well, that would be an alternative, I'd personally suggest avoiding the secondary market as much as possible, since we already know what's the deal with it. I hope that the distribution and supply will be much better with Origins, but Walmart has lately been proving unreliable when it comes to toys and collectibles, so the more options to get this collection the better .

There is nothing like being able to walk through the toy aisle and find the one you are looking for hanging on the pegs, but those days are going to hell and the exclusivity thing on toys isn't helping neither.

Ah...yes...nostalgia.  It's what keeps us all in this game!!!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...