MOTU Origins Orko Cardback Art Revealed

JayC

9 hours ago, Raptorbandito said:

Personally I'm super stolked for these figures to be released.  They just scratch a certain itch for me in that I've really been enjoying toys that are designed to be played with, not just displayed.

I am more of a MISB guy.  It is tough for me to open toys for some reason.  That is why Funko Pops have been good for me.  I feel as though i can open them without feeling any guilt.  I will get these as well but they will not be opened...unless maybe someone gets me extras.  Then that would be ok.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jsmooth said:

I am more of a MISB guy.  It is tough for me to open toys for some reason.  That is why Funko Pops have been good for me.  I feel as though i can open them without feeling any guilt.  I will get these as well but they will not be opened...unless maybe someone gets me extras.  Then that would be ok.

I always open my stuff. I dont have the room to display in package stuff, over time I always end up damaging the packaging so from a value standpoint it seems pointless and I figure the stuff is made to play with not keep in a box. Some stuff does look good in the package and if I had more space and money I would maybe collect more stuff in package.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JayC said:

I always open my stuff. I dont have the room to display in package stuff, over time I always end up damaging the packaging so from a value standpoint it seems pointless and I figure the stuff is made to play with not keep in a box. Some stuff does look good in the package and if I had more space and money I would maybe collect more stuff in package.

I hear you.  I am also looking at the value of things and sometimes I wish that I didn't.  I love opening things and checking them out but then after a while I always feel remorse thinking it could be worth more if I kept in in the box. It's weird I know but that is just the way that I am.  I wish I had enough money to buy one in the box and one loose!!!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Neovorticism2 said:

Yeah, I've always been more in the "opener" camp, except when the packaging looks nice and is also resealable, with this line I'm tempted to get two of each since the packaging is so retro to the point that it's not collector friendly and I wouldn't want to ruin all that nice artwork.

I hear you. Getting two of everything is the dream but could get expensive at times. I will certainly get a couple figs to open...the question is which ones...heman and....

• Thanks 1

Love that battle cat card art. I have the "Art Of" Motu book which is a great coffee table book. If this line is successful maybe they'll do a second volume.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheMikeSnyder said:

Love that battle cat card art. I have the "Art Of" Motu book which is a great coffee table book. If this line is successful maybe they'll do a second volume.

That art is similar to the original art that came with the original battle cat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Raptorbandito said:

Each new pic gets me more excited for these to be released.  Being stuck at home so much over the last couple months I just wish they were available now.  Are these supposed to be released in the Fall?

Being stuck at home, sure has made me appreciate new toys and getting a new package to the house every once in a while!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Neovorticism2 said:

Some more promo pics of the Jet Sled with Prince Adam set from Amazon Germany.

78127268_250084066414252_1768602631241990144_o.jpg

79101125_250083996414259_5051781035096801280_n.jpg

79341571_250083979747594_1150507187525648384_n.jpg

101652708_250083989747593_4379188649737060352_n.jpg

101779190_250084053080920_7504184718045216768_n.jpg

101688353_250084043080921_4040501234015141888_n.jpg

101557719_250084113080914_6495242001942839296_n.jpg

100793707_250084749747517_7427345618521030656_o.jpg

Not sure I like this sand thing underneath.  I think they could have just kept it as clear the whole way down.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Satam said:

Agreed 100%.

It makes the toy less impressive.  Almost makes it look more childish if you get my meaning.  I know it is a toy but it looks like a lower level toy with that thing underneath. It would have been more like a mini statue if it were all clear.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jsmooth said:

It makes the toy less impressive.  Almost makes it look more childish if you get my meaning.  I know it is a toy but it looks like a lower level toy with that thing underneath. It would have been more like a mini statue if it were all clear.

I see it as very limiting.  A collector has a small vehicle on a clear stand, and as you said, it's a bit like a mini-statue.  A child can pretend it's anywhere, but with a sandy bottom, Mattel is saying "It's on sand!" and that's it.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Satam said:

I see it as very limiting.  A collector has a small vehicle on a clear stand, and as you said, it's a bit like a mini-statue.  A child can pretend it's anywhere, but with a sandy bottom, Mattel is saying "It's on sand!" and that's it.

Technically you can take it off its stand and fly it anywhere but for those of us who display toys it does not look good. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, jsmooth said:

Technically you can take it off its stand and fly it anywhere but for those of us who display toys it does not look good. 

I was sure it came off the stand, but still...everything you and I have been saying.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jsmooth said:

Thank for this post!  Damn..,.they are sold out already!!!

just checking and yes no restock yet! Great now I may be clicking "refresh" in a tab all day tomorrow lol...... I wonder how fast Walmart updates their online inventory.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, AdamM said:

just checking and yes no restock yet! Great now I may be clicking "refresh" in a tab all day tomorrow lol...... I wonder how fast Walmart updates their online inventory.

Hopefully BBTS will have them for sale.  I am sure they will.  Hopefully not too much markup.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Neovorticism2 said:

It seems this is just a placeholder the real preorders will start later.

I really don't like that half sword with hand guard on the hilt.

Ok, thank you for that.  Buying from Wal Mart isn't always the best.  Many times the items will come with damage to the packaging.  It might be better to go through BBTS because they have the collector grade option.

• Thanks 1