MOTU Origins Orko Cardback Art Revealed

JayC

Mattel has released images for the cardback art on the upcoming Masters of the Universe Origins Orko figure. According to Mattel, this one shows Orko helping Man-At-Arms battle Beast Man, but the colors reveal they are guarding the entrance to the Royal Palace! This pays tribute to Alcala’s art from the original Point Dread & Talon Fighter inner packaging.

It was revealed during Toy Fair that this figure along with the rest of the Masters of the Universe Origins line will see release later this year as a Walmart exclusive. In 2021 the line should see release everywhere.

Check out the images of the card art in our IMAGE GALLERY below.

Orko-Cardart-01.jpg

Orko-Cardart-02.jpg

Orko-Cardart-03.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Mattel has released this stop motion video of their upcoming Masters of the Universe Origins Orko figure dancing which gives us a nice look at the articulation on it.

The figure will be out at Walmart stores this fall and see a general release sometime next year.

MOTU-Origins-Orko.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JayC said:

Mattel has released this stop motion video of their upcoming Masters of the Universe Origins Orko figure dancing which gives us a nice look at the articulation on it.

The figure will be out at Walmart stores this fall and see a general release sometime next year.

MOTU-Origins-Orko.jpg

Love it... I saw it on Twitter on Masters official... I will get it when I see it at Walmart!

The figure looks good.  The articulation is great for an orko figure for sure.  Hopefully when these do hit Walmart...1. covid-19 wont stop me from going and 2. they will not be taken before they are even put out!!!

• Thanks 1

His base looks a little fart like ;)

I might get this one. I have the classics orko still in the box though. Just cherry picking on this line since MOTU can be so vast.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TheMikeSnyder said:

His base looks a little fart like ;)

I might get this one. I have the classics orko still in the box though. Just cherry picking on this line since MOTU can be so vast.

Not me, I will get every single one.  I am a completest.  It stinks but I just can't say no.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, jsmooth said:

Not me, I will get every single one.  I am a completest.  It stinks but I just can't say no.

I get that for sure. I was a completist with the Classics line, but it went from one figure a month to that plus so many quarterly figures, beasts, vehicles, and exclusives that it got to be way too much for me and at the time I was having money trouble, so I unfortunately had to sell the whole collection. I'm mad I didn't keep some of the A-List characters since they go for so much now. I'll get the main characters on this to go with the Grayskull I finally got, but I collect too many other lines to go all in.

• Thanks 1

I completely understand.  I had to sell off so many toy lines once upon a time myself.  I sold off all my MASK, Karate Kid, Spiderman Animated, Toy Biz X-men, Star Wars figures, Super Powers, and so much more.  For me MOTU is my main collection so I must get them!

• Thanks 1

Definitely getting the entire MOTU Origins line.  Let’s hope the economy doesn’t crash.  Stay safe everyone!

• Thanks 1

Of all the retail reveals thus far Orko and Battlecat are the 2 I am most looking forward to

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, InspectorZartan said:

Of all the retail reveals thus far Orko and Battlecat are the 2 I am most looking forward to

Those are very good looking figures but Trap Jaw also looks good too.  I am looking forward to him.  I do hope they throw in a couple figures that have never been made as well.  I mean, you can't make single carded figures of some of Adam's cousins and characters like that but they could be accompaniments with better known figures.  Or maybe make a beast man as the carnival leader.

• Thanks 1

Hmmm....Prince Adam looks good.  So does Man E Faces.  Trap Jaws legs look a little skinny.  I am not sold on that packaging though.  i would like it to look more like to 80s packaging.  I also do not like the sticker that says "retro" on it.  i will still buy them though.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Neovorticism2 said:

Some "new" promo pics, apparently from Spain.

97979982_3207257842672278_1589899057919164416_o.jpg

97769589_3207258969338832_5450481582169128960_o.jpg

97980771_3207258809338848_9000501498056015872_o.jpg

97992127_3207258619338867_4907169585024729088_o.jpg

97994597_3207259482672114_6010241590365257728_o.jpg

I like them... I will get this line and the retro sticker differentiate them from the original for those uneducated on the MOTU line.

9 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

I like them... I will get this line and the retro sticker differentiate them from the original for those uneducated on the MOTU line.

I do not dislike them but when you have been collecting so many lines of MOTU you become more discerning from line to line comparing each one to the other.

• Thanks 1

I definitely don't like the sticker though.  I don't know if it is the placement or the color or the fact that it says "retro", or maybe even a combo of all three. But I do not like it.  We already know it is retro.  You do not need to tell us.

• Thanks 1

I loved the motuc line but only cherry picked a few here and there cause I wouldn’t do the whole subscription thing. Assuming I can find these i will pick these up. I really didn’t get into motu figures until the 200x line but think these look good. Hopefully the new cartoons will be good as well.

• Thanks 1

The Motuc line made a lot of figures. This line made many obscure characters that were never made before. That is why I worry about this new Mattel line. What will they do to make me as interested in this line? A good cartoon will certainly help!!!!

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, jsmooth said:

The Motuc line made a lot of figures. This line made many obscure characters that were never made before. That is why I worry about this new Mattel line. What will they do to make me as interested in this line? A good cartoon will certainly help!!!!

I don't believe Mattel is going to make different characters other than previous MOTU figures released in the original 80s run... What they probably are going to make when the new cartoon is about to be air, is figures accurate to the new cartoon. This Origin line seems to be focus directly to the MOTU fans and collectors and the new cartoon to both, new kids interested in the story and collectors...

2 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

I don't believe Mattel is going to make different characters other than previous MOTU figures released in the original 80s run... What they probably are going to make when the new cartoon is about to be air, is figures accurate to the new cartoon. This Origin line seems to be focus directly to the MOTU fans and collectors and the new cartoon to both, new kids interested in the story and collectors...

Are you saying that there will be two lines going at the same time?  The origins line and the cartoon line?  That would not be a good idea in my mind.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jsmooth said:

Are you saying that there will be two lines going at the same time?  The origins line and the cartoon line?  That would not be a good idea in my mind.

Not two lines but different Wave of figures... Probably with the same bulky style of the original figures...

7 hours ago, jsmooth said:

Also, the packaging for the sky sled looks more like 90s boxing than 80s.  i think they should go for more of an 80s look.

I think the art looks good.