New DC Multiverse Dark Nights: Metal Figures And More Coming From McFarlane?!?

JayC

A few folks have written in with listings that we are told showed up in the EBGames system for upcoming new 7" DC Multiverse figures from McFarlane Toys. While we have confirmed some of these figures with additional sources, we have not been able to confirm them all. It should also be noted that McFarlane Toys has not yet confirmed any of these figures.

-DC 7IN Dawn Breaker - 08/28/20
-DC 7IN Devastator - 08/28/20
-DC 7IN Flashpoint Batman - 08/28/20
-DC 7IN Grim Knight - 08/28/20
-DC 7IN Modern Flash - 10/16/20
-DC 7IN Modern Joker - 10/16/20
-DC 7IN Muder Machine - 08/28/20
-DC 7IN Red Death - 08/28/20
-DC 7IN Red Hood - 10/16/20
-DC 7IN Vehicle & Fig - 09/25/20
-DC 7IN W1 15346 - 05/01/20
-DC 7IN W1 15347 - 05/01/20
-DC 7IN W2 15006 - 07/17/20
-DC 7IN W2 15122 - 05/01/20

We should not all the figures listed here seem to be regular priced figures. Even Devastator has the same price as the other figures. The vehicle and figure set looks like is going to cost around $50. Again none of these have been officially confirmed by McFarlane Toys, so do treat these as rumor at this time. Thanks to KNR for the heads up.

DC-Multiverse-List-02.jpg

DC-Multiverse-List-03.jpg

37 minutes ago, Neovorticism2 said:

It is said Mcfarlane Toys will unveil the new DC Multiverse wave during La Mole Comic Con in Mexico City this weekend.

Your assuming there will be a convention this weekend.

15 minutes ago, Neovorticism2 said:

Nope, I'm not assuming anything, in fact there will be a convention this weekend in Mexico City despite the current health situation.

Just cause they haven't announced the cancellation yet by no means indicates it wont be canceled. Cancellations are coming fast and furious by the minute and even if the convention itself doesn't get canceled, people traveling to said convention may change their plans. I think people need to prepare that almost anything that requires a mass gathering this year will change or be canceled this year, so plan accordingly.

Ok, I'm in for the Grim Knight (he better come with loads of guns) and Red Hood...the others...eh...I'm still waiting on Milestone and Wildstorm.

One thing I WILL give Mcfarlane credit for...he has pretty much knocked out a entire group (Dark Metal Batmen/woman) in like 2-3 waves...meanwhile Hasbro is lagging with the Knights of Ren/Clone Commanders/Jedi/Sith and entire teams in regards to ML...

On 3/12/2020 at 10:16 AM, Neovorticism2 said:

It is said Mcfarlane Toys will unveil the new DC Multiverse wave during La Mole Comic Con in Mexico City this weekend.

Really? Didn't know about that. Gonna be paying close attention to that. Even if I mostly disliked McFarlane´s first Dc Multiverse wave, they seem to really be listening and willing to improve. I hope he gives us a Teen Titans wave, that'd really get me into the line.

3 hours ago, Neovorticism2 said:

Unfortunately, they didn't show anything new, an "official presentation" of the line was held, which was actually a video showing the 12 figures we already knew and a brief interview with McFarlane himself, but that was all... pathetic...

It would have been a really odd venue for them to show off new figures at, especially since they did nothing to promote the fact of even having a presence there.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, JayC said:

Dont know the original source for these or frankly if they are even legit, but supposedly the first look at these figures have hit social media

DC-Multiverse-Metals-04.jpg

DC-Multiverse-Metals-05.jpg

DC-Multiverse-Metals-03.jpg

DC-Multiverse-Metals-01.jpg

DC-Multiverse-Metals-02-jpg.png

they look great  my favorite is red death

12 hours ago, tudortiger2000 said:

Sculpt looks good! But I need to see it on hand before diving in to this series. 

I think the Batman Who Laughs figure was probably their most popular figure in the first wave so I imagine these will do well.

• 1 month later...

McFarlane Toys has released official images and details for some of their upcoming 7" scale DC Multiverse Dark Nights Metal figures

The Grim Knight (The Batman Who Laughs)
Ripped from Batman’s greatest nightmares, The Grim Knight is his world’s most dangerous vigilante, unafraid to use any weapon and go to any lengths to stop those he deems worthy of death. Armed with the finest arsenal Wayne money can buy, he is now one of the deadliest Dark Knights in existence, second only to The Batman Who Laughs.

Product Features:
-The Grim Knight figure based on the comic book story arc Dark Nights Metal that stars in The Batman Who Laughs
-Batman accessories include two blasters and a base
-Included collectable art card with Dark Night’s Metal artwork on the front, and character biography on the back

Batman Earth-44 (Dark Nights: Metal)
Hailing from Earth -44 in the Dark Multiverse, this Dark Knight was born when an all-powerful A.I. program designed by Cyborg began to misinterpret its coding to homicidal ends. A cybernetic nightmare, The Murder Machine is a metallic mangling of the technological power of Cyborg and the tactical brilliance of Batman, formed by ever-changing nanobots.

Product Features:
-Batman: The Murder Machine figure based on the comic book story arc DarkNights Metal
-Batman accessories include an alternate attack arm and a base
-Included collectable art card with Dark Night’s Metal artwork on the front, and character biography on the back

Batman Earth-1 (Dark Nights: Metal)
Crashing into our world from the Dark Multiverse’s Earth -1 comes a nightmarish fusion of the only two beings capable of taking on the Man of Steel— Doomsday and Batman. The Devastator is an all-powerful creature in which the unstoppable might of Doomsday is combined with the unmatched intelligence of Batman.

Product Features:
-Batman: The Devastator figure based on the comic book story arc Dark Nights™ Metal
-Batman accessories includes a base

Batman Earth-32 (Dark Nights: Metal)
In DC’s Dark Multiverse, on Earth -32, the green light of will has twisted an angry Bruce Wayne into something very dark and sinister. After the murder of his parents in Crime Alley, young Bruce is gifted with a Green Lantern ring, which allows him to fly and to generate deadly hard-light energy constructs. With no Alfred Pennyworth to guide him, he soon swallows his fear and pain and lets the void that remains corrupt him and the ring, unleashing a wave of darkness across his world, and now ours, as The Dawnbreaker.

Product Features:
-Batman: TheDawnbreaker figure based on the comic book story arc Dark Nights Metal
-Batman accessories include Demon Bat Light Projection and a base

It should be noted that in the descriptions for these figures they also list the Earth -52, Batman which we actually saw an early prototype image

for back in April, but they have not yet released official images for here. We will update this story once they do.

Each of these figures will cost $19.99 and are slated for release later this Fall.

00.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-DC-Multiverse-Batman-Earth-1-Devastator-Dark-Nights-Metal-Promo-06.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-DC-Multiverse-Batman-Earth-1-Devastator-Dark-Nights-Metal-Promo-07.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-DC-Multiverse-Batman-Earth-1-Devastator-Dark-Nights-Metal-Promo-08.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-DC-Multiverse-Batman-Earth-1-Devastator-Dark-Nights-Metal-Promo-09.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-DC-Multiverse-Batman-Earth-1-Devastator-Dark-Nights-Metal-Promo-10.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-DC-Multiverse-Batman-Earth-32-Dawnbreaker-Dark-Nights-Metal-01.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-DC-Multiverse-Batman-Earth-32-Dawnbreaker-Dark-Nights-Metal-02.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-DC-Multiverse-Batman-Earth-32-Dawnbreaker-Dark-Nights-Metal-03.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-DC-Multiverse-Batman-Earth-32-Dawnbreaker-Dark-Nights-Metal-04.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-DC-Multiverse-Batman-Earth-32-Dawnbreaker-Dark-Nights-Metal-05.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-DC-Multiverse-Batman-Earth-44-Murder-Machine-Dark-Nights-Metal-01.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-DC-Multiverse-Batman-Earth-44-Murder-Machine-Dark-Nights-Metal-02.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-DC-Multiverse-Batman-Earth-44-Murder-Machine-Dark-Nights-Metal-03.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-DC-Multiverse-Batman-Earth-44-Murder-Machine-Dark-Nights-Metal-04.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-DC-Multiverse-Batman-Earth-44-Murder-Machine-Dark-Nights-Metal-05.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-DC-Multiverse-Batman-Who-Laughs-The-Grim-Knight-01.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-DC-Multiverse-Batman-Who-Laughs-The-Grim-Knight-02.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-DC-Multiverse-Batman-Who-Laughs-The-Grim-Knight-03.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-DC-Multiverse-Batman-Who-Laughs-The-Grim-Knight-04.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-DC-Multiverse-Batman-Who-Laughs-The-Grim-Knight-05.jpg

I couldn't help but notice both the recent Wonder Woman and Arkham figures have been warming the pegs at my local Target for a few weeks now. Most of the figures from the first waves sold out but looks like interest is declining in the line.

For me I think they've over done the Batman but IDK. I like these but I think they should have mixed these up in various waves with non-batman characters.

• Like 1

All cool figures.... but that’s a lot of Batman in a line that one would hope would represent all of DC

I agree on the overdone of Batman universe figures....why go that route so fast? Why not do more Animated figures upfront? Or tap into past popular lines to hit the nostalgia buttons (e.g. Justice League Europe or a major new line off Crisis or Legends?).....perhaps all of these decisions are driven by sales data, but I'm not a fan.