Who Wants TMNT Power Rangers Figures?

JayC

One of the things Hasbro talked about during the Power Rangers portion of their 2020 New York Toy Fair presentation, was the TMNT and Power Rangers crossover comic book series being done between Boom Studio and IDW. During the panel they showed images of what the four Turtles along with April will look like when they get their hands on a Morpher.

TMNT-Power-Rangers-01__scaled_600.jpg

They also showed the Rangers themselves and what they would look like without a Morpher.

TMNT-Power-Rangers-02__scaled_600.jpg

While there was no mention of toys based on this series to follow, we could see it maybe happening. While Playmates Toys remains the master toy license holder for TMNT, we have seen Nickelodeon allow other companies do TMNT figures in recent years. NECA has been doing a wide range of Turtle figures base on the old movies, video game and the original animated series. Then there were the recent Batman vs TMNT figures DC Collectibles did.

Hasbro is likely considered a more direct competitor to Playmates Toys than those other smaller companies, so negotiating a deal to do a Power Rangers/TMNT crossover line might be a little more tricky to negotiate between all parties concerned, but you never know.

Would you like to see someone release TMNT and Power Rangers mash-up figures? Let us know below in the COMMENTS SECTION below.

TMNT-Power-Rangers-01.jpg

TMNT-Power-Rangers-02.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Coming from someone who grew up on Power Rangers and Ninja Turtles, this would be awesome. But as you said, it would be difficult for either Playmates or Hasbro (or both) to make figures based on them.

Also on a side note, the Batman vs. Ninja Turtles line were based on the movie and not the comics, so the fact there's only a comic version of this particular crossover, it might be even more unlikely.

But still, it would be awesome.

• Thanks 1

these designs look stupid and screw up the lore, so no i wouldn't want figures of them, when justin morphs he doesnt morph into a kid form cept for maybe a split second, and doggie doesnt morph with some dog head, yet the turtles morph into turtle shape? i'm not buying it, its clear who ever designed this outfits cared little for the PR lore, if anything they should have gave the turtles unique ranger outfits like the ryu and chun li from that bat in the sun fan videos.

Absolutely no interest in this.  Not at all. 

Concerning TMNT I was pleasantly surprised not to see playmates showing any TMNT at toy fair.  I think they are going to drop that hideous new cartoon and hopefully Nickelodeon is making a new series.  Sorry to anyone that likes the new show but I hate it.  I love the original, 2012, and I appreciated the other show that was CGI even though I never liked the look, just the stories.  

My my dream come true would be a reboot of the original show in a manner of the first season and sticking with a darker tone and edgy style.  I love the first season so much and I can go back to it frequently.  Hard to keep watching when they get too silly later.  I think society is ready for the to use their weapons and they could make it darker without having to get so silly.  The other thing that would help would be to keep a consistent voice cast.  Hardest thing about rewatching the original toon is when they essentially take their weapons away and the jarring changes in voices.  

• 11 months later...

Last March when it was first announced that there was going to be a crossover comic book series from Boom Studio and IDW for Power Rangers and TMNT, we speculated how cool it would be if someone did figures based on this. Well now it looks like we might be getting those figures from Hasbro. JTPrime has dug up retailer listings for the following items:

-TMNT 2 packs PRG BLT PK A

-TMNT 2 packs PRG BLT PK B

-TMNT 2 packs PRG BLT PK C

-PRG BLT A SQD Venus

-PRG BLT A SQD Jupiter

-PRG FAN Boom Shredder

The 2-packs listed are thought to stand BLT - Boom Lightning Collection

TMNT-Power-Rangers-01__scaled_600.jpg

TMNT-Power-Rangers-02__scaled_600.jpg

Now even if the B is for Boom, meaning figures from the Boom Studio Comics, that doesn't necessarily mean they would be figures from the TMNT/Power Rangers crossover series. However the final figure listed shows FAN Boom Shredder. Possibly being released as a Fan-Channel exclusive, this one seems to indicate a Boom Studios version of the TMNT arch-villain Shredder.

TMNT-Power-Rangers-03__scaled_600.jpg

Which if that is the case, it would seemingly make it more likely the other Boom 2-packs will also be based on this TMNT/Power Rangers Crossover series.

Only time will tell if this turns out to be the case, but based on these listings it definitely seems like TMNT/Power Rangers figures are much more likely to happen than when we originally speculated about them last year. We will be sure to update you when we learn more about these.

• Thanks 1

Oh No, I don't like this, it's too much, too gimmicky, I won't be a apart of this, it seems entirely unnecessary, it's like putting chocolate on a pizza, sure seems really fun and possibly exciting but it's overkill and in poor taste. I also don't get why doesn't each turtle turn into a ranger that represents their bandana color? why isn't donatello purple? , if they did the colors the same it would make way more sense, also well Shredder just looks like a lord drakkon, and April looks no different then any pink ranger. I am happy for any one who wants these, but I'm not on board.

• Like 1

Honestly, it’s not a must buy for me but definitely still interesting. I love the MMPR and the old movie and cartoon Turtles. I have questions though, Will the Turtle Rangers be shorter than standard Lightning Collection figures? How will the articulation work the the shell?

It’s interesting and if they staggered the releases I would buy the first release, even if it is a two pack, to check them out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Oh No, I don't like this, it's too much, too gimmicky, I won't be a apart of this, it seems entirely unnecessary, it's like putting chocolate on a pizza, sure seems really fun and possibly exciting but it's overkill and in poor taste. I also don't get why doesn't each turtle turn into a ranger that represents their bandana color? why isn't donatello purple? , if they did the colors the same it would make way more sense, also well Shredder just looks like a lord drakkon, and April looks no different then any pink ranger. I am happy for any one who wants these, but I'm not on board.

Theres not a purple or orange ranger from Mighty Morphing.......

Easy pass for me. I'm a fan of both brands separately. Even putting them together in the same comic is fine. But crossing the characters into 1 design just kills my interest.

IF they were to make that Green Ranger/Shredder, I might find some use for that. Maybe like, a past version of the evil green ranger or something. But the Turtle Rangers, No Thank You.

We don't know anything for sure but if Hasbro were to do figures from the crossover its more likely they would be based on these crossover designs and not regular versions of the Turtles. Most likely if this all turns out to be true they would have the 2-packs include 1 turtle and 1 PR based on the designs shown above and there likely would be two more 2packs coming that the listings have yet to be discovered for.

21 hours ago, Marcutioo said:

I Know but why couldn't they have just changed it up a bit and have Don and Mikey be Purple and Orange rangers..it's lame they arn't, that's just my feelings.

On 2/15/2021 at 12:26 AM, DrLava said:

how do we know that these will be the designs used for the figures though? they can just as easily use this license to finally give us comic accurate idw turtles. but im thinking its something else.

see the thing thats scary though is that one of the listings is named venus. remember live action turtles did appear in an episode of power rangers in space. and saban is who produced the next mutation show and hasbro now owns saban so hasbro is probaly able to make figs based on next mutation in lightning collection since they appeared in power rangers.

On 2/15/2021 at 12:35 AM, DrLava said:

and we've already gotten andros, ashley, and carlos. if venus is a seperate release, that leaves the 4 turtles and cassie and tj, which would be the three 2-packs. jupiter is the only one i cant figure out, maybe a codename like they do for gi joe figs? could be ecliptor or alpha 6. or wasnt there a monster they fought in the episode too? im gonna have to rewatch this horrible episode so i can remember

Anyone worried about the Venus listing and/or thinking these are related to the Next Mutation/In Space crossover and not the MMPR/TMNT comic crossover I can set your mind at ease. The listing isn't the TMNT character of Venus from Next Mutation. Hasbro likes to use code speak for their Lightning Collection figures so leaked releases aren't easily known. Based on past releases the Ranger fandom discovered it was deduced that A SQD is code for A Squad, Venus is the code word for Yellow and Jupiter is the code word for Red. So in other words the Venus and Jupiter listings are for the Power Rangers SPD villains A Squad Yellow Ranger and A Squad Red Ranger. They have nothing to do with TMNT Power Ranger crossover figures.

On 2/14/2021 at 5:18 PM, Marcutioo said:

There technically is, but they aren't considered within normal continuity. There was a one off "What if" story in which the main MMPR characters were captured in one of the comics, so Zordon temporarily recruited Bulk and Skull and they became MMPR Purple and MMPR Orange. After saving the other MMPR characters Bulk and Skull had their powers stripped and their memories were wiped.

On 2/20/2021 at 12:16 PM, DrLava said:

why would only 2 figures be in code? and why would they code only the color for more a-squad. just putting a-squad already would tell us who it was. if venus and jupiter are code then shredder would be too right? by your logic tmnt is just a code name too. could be deciphered to be 2 packs from something like samurai or megaforce.

i really do hope youre right about more a-squad figs though, especially the red ranger finally getting made.

No clue why they didn't bother to code the TMNT stuff better. As for logic, I'm not really doing any guessing on my part. I'm just stating what is listed in the Power Ranger fan communities. The code words were deciphered using known past Power Ranger toy releases cross compared to corresponding past coded listings found for Power Rangers. All the listings were harvested as is from a store's in store computer for upcoming product by store employees who are also Power Ranger fans. The reason you got a mix of normal Power Ranger releases in addition to TMNT/MMPR crossover stuff is because the fans/employees that listed the list were looking for new Power Ranger listings as a whole. More on upcoming Power Ranger listings can be seen here

9 hours ago, DrLava said:

not a single figure you and your "employee fans" "deciphered" has ever had a release before. ever. in any line. a-squad red and a-squad yellow have never had a figure. there has never been a single tmnt figure ever released in a power rangers line either. so if the codes match a previous release then how can it be a never released figure?

and yet these normal releases are only 2 of the figures? so wave 10 is just 2 figures? thats what you and your "fans/employees" have "deciphered" for us? lol you shouldve just stuck with the guessing story from your original post, its way more believable.

I think you are misunderstanding what that list in the previous link is. The list in the link is for "upcoming" Power Rangers figure release stuff that has been found in the computer system, but has yet to officially be released or announced with their code words partially deciphered as to what they should be (based on the code words used for past released figures). The past released figures from which the codes were deciphered from are the actual figures you can currently find in store now or were just recently officially announced on Hasbro Pulse. Figures such as King Sphinx, Pumpkin Rapper, Tenga Warrior, Z Putty Patroller, In Space Red Ranger vs. Astronema 2 Pack, SPD B-Squad Blue Ranger vs SPD A-Squad Blue Ranger 2 Pack, etc.  This link is the current code system Hasbro are using. Here were the code words that were being used for the upcoming Wave 9, which was just recently announced on Hasbro Pulse.

can you guys chill. Its ok to discuss things without even agreeing. It doesnt need to be an argument. There are a lot of unknowns here at this time, so I think its best we just wait and see whats what without fighting over it.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, DrLava said:

i understand perfectly, youre not understanding that there will not be a wave releasing with only 2 figures in it. no way is wave 10 only gonna be a-squad red and a-squad yellow like youre trying to convince us. and in your "lists" every figure has a code name. so if hasbro codes every figure the same way, as youre saying they do, then "fan boom shredder" would be code as well. and the tmnt 2 packs also.

so basically you joined this site just to come here and try to generate traffic to your own website via shady word links, with claims of being part of an "employee power ranger fan" network that knows every release before hasbro. if your english wasnt so good id swear you were a bot.

I'm well aware Waves usually come in sets of four. There are multiple possibilities for why only two non TMNT listings could be there. The employees looking into these computer systems are only looking for new items that have not yet been discovered and added to the bigger master list of unreleased items. Its possible the other figures in the Wave were discovered previously and were already on the bigger list, thus they didn't bother to relist them. There is a fair amount of stuff on that bigger list after all. Another possibility is one or more of the figures in this Wave with these A-Squad figures could be a re-release of an already released figure. For the longest time one of the previous Waves (the one that came out at the same time as Pumpkin Rapper and King Sphinx) had only three new figure listings. Turns out the reason why the Ranger fandom couldn't find the remaining figure was because the fourth figure in that Wave turned out to be a re-release of MMPR White Ranger (whose previous release was way back in the very first Wave release with Lord Zedd). At the moment we also don't know how that Boom Shredder is to be released given its a single figure. Unlike the TMNT 2 Packs it is possible it is considered part of the Wave with those A-Squad figures.

With the code listings, its not an exact science and its an ever evolving thing. Even the Power Ranger fandom aren't 100% certain on everything. While the codes for the most part are consistent, there are some outliers. The Z Putty listing had Zth in it, which pointed to Zeo as all the past Zeo Ranger figure releases used Zth as the team code. For the longest time until it was officially announced as a Z Putty (which is MMPR) it was thought that the figure may have been a Cog. Hasbro seems to be the most inconsistent with the code stuff when it comes to things that aren't normal Ranger figures, like foot soldiers, monsters, villains and this TMNT stuff like Boom Shredder. I think the code listing for Pumpkin Rapper was something like Milky Way. Yet if you look at the list of upcoming stuff it just states Eye Guy and Pirhantishead for two of the releases (which is just straight up actual monsters' names from MMPR, no code). So could TMNT or Boom Shredder be code for something else. Its certainly in the realm of possibilities. I'm more inclined to believe those listings however are more on the nose and exactly what the listings imply they are.

As for jumping the gun DrLava to believing that I'm here for nefarious reasons like trying to generate traffic to a website that I own, that is hardly the case. I am merely a fan of Power Rangers and also a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fan, though I typically hang out more in the Power Ranger circles as I'm more casual when it comes to TMNT. I found this forum after hearing of the PowerRanger/TMNT crossover figures and decided to do a TMNT search for TMNT message boards to see what the TMNT fandom thought of the crossover figures after hearing how excited the Power Ranger community were for the figures. My contribution to this thread was simply intended to be helpful, nothing more or less. Seeing some of the speculation going on in this forum about these figures, particularly the non TMNT listings, and having some unique incites from Power Rangers side of thing (like knowledge of the code decipher from the Power Ranger fandom) I only wished to privy you and your fellow TMNT fans with those incites. My link listings was merely me showing tangible evidence that I wasn't just pulling random nonsense from my butt with the code stuff, but that there was tangible listings by the Power Ranger fandom backing my claims. I have no direct affiliation or ownership to any Power Ranger website, thus I would have no motive to specifically generate traffic to said site.

26 minutes ago, JayC said:

can you guys chill. Its ok to discuss things without even agreeing. It doesnt need to be an argument. There are a lot of unknowns here at this time, so I think its best we just wait and see whats what without fighting over it.

I can't speak on the behalf of DrLava in terms of the matter JayC, but from my end I'd have to say that I've been pretty cordial and chill all things considering. DrLava has every right to be skeptical of me given my newness here. I am merely trying to clear up any of those misconceptions he may have of me and clarify any ambiguities he may perceive in the information I've presented. All things considering I think the discussion has been very conducive. If nothing else, other members in this TMNT community may find the information I've presented as informative.

• 2 months later...

Some more information about the TMNT Power Ranger 2 packs have been found. They are currently listed to have an August 1st release. They are also listed as Fan Channel Exclusives. That usually means places like Hasbro Pulse, Entertainment Earth, Big Bad Toy Store, etc. and not places like Amazon, Target or Walmart. Assortment and bar code number information have also been found. Unfortunately nothing else on Green Ranger Shredder at the moment. A Hasbro Fan First Friday dedicated to Power Rangers is scheduled for May 14th, so we may learn more from that. Hasbro also previously confirmed that August as a whole is also supposed to be big with Power Rangers news due to August being Power Rangers' yearly anniversary.

F2966-TMNT PACK A [5010993861613]

F2967-TMNT PACK B [5010993861637]

F2968-TMNT PACK C [5010993861651]

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

We told you about these back in February and now we have our first official reveal with the Power Rangers X Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Lightning Collection Morphed Donatello & Morphed Leonardo set

This 6-inch Lightning Collection Mighty Morphin Power Rangers X Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Collab 2-pack features action figures with premium paint and decorative details inspired by the Boom! Comics crossover miniseries, with over 20 points of articulation in each figure for high poseability. Plus, swappable heads to display the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with Ranger helmet or without. Also includes multiple character-inspired weapon accessories, blast effect pieces, and extra pairs of hands for more ways to play or display.

IT’S MORPHIN TIME! From Dino Fury back to the original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, the Power Rangers have brought teamwork, action, and adventure to generations of fans. The legacy continues with figures, vehicles, collectibles, and roleplay toys from Hasbro, celebrating ranger teams from Mighty Morphin to Dino Fury. Imagine all the action of Power Rangers with toys from Hasbro! You can pre-order this now at BigBadToyStore.com.

We should be getting additional reveals throughout the week which will likely include two more two packs and a Shredder figure.

Power-Rangers-TMNT-01.jpg

Power-Rangers-TMNT-02.jpg

Power-Rangers-TMNT-03.jpg

Power-Rangers-TMNT-04.jpg

Power-Rangers-TMNT-05.jpg

Power-Rangers-TMNT-06.jpg

Power-Rangers-TMNT-07.jpg

Power-Rangers-TMNT-08.jpg

• Thanks 1