Mattel's Masters Of The Universe: Origins Toy Fair Images And Details - Walmart 2020 & Everywhere 2021

JayC

Shown below is a look at Mattel's Masters of the Universe: Origins figures on display at this week's Toy Fair. Mattel has confirmed that these will first see release as Walmart exclusives in 2020 and then see release everywhere in 2021. The figures on display today will all be released in 2020 at Walmart. Skeletor and He-Man are open ended so they will always be available.

Besides figures they had on display the Battle Cat and Skysled with Prince Adam.

For MOTU Minis look for series 1 to include Grayskull boxes series 2 to features Snake-Mountain. These will be done as heroes and villains blind bags.

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 1.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 2.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 3.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 4.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 5.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 6.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 7.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 8.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 9.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 10.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 11.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 12.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 13.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 14.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 15.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 16.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 17.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 18.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 19.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 20.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 21.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 22.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 23.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 24.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 25.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 26.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 27.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 28.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 29.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 30.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 31.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 32.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 33.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 34.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 35.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 36.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 37.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 38.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 39.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 40.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 41.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 42.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 43.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, JayC said:

Shown below is a look at Mattel's Masters of the Universe: Origins figures on display at this week's Toy Fair. Mattel has confirmed that these will first see release as Walmart exclusives in 2020 and then see release everywhere in 2021. The figures on display today will all be released in 2020 at Walmart. Skeletor and He-Man are open ended so they will always be available.

Besides figures they had on display the Battle Cat and Skysled with Prince Adam.

For MOTU Minis look for series 1 to include Grayskull boxes series 2 to features Snake-Mountain. These will be done as heroes and villains blind bags.

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 1.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 2.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 3.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 4.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 5.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 6.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 7.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 8.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 9.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 10.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 11.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 12.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 13.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 14.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 15.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 16.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 17.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 18.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 19.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 20.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 21.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 22.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 23.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 24.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 25.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 26.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 27.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 28.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 29.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 30.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 31.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 32.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 33.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 34.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 35.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 36.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 37.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 38.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 39.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 40.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 41.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 42.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair 43.jpg

Mattel-MOUT-Origins-2020-Toy-Fair.jpg

Awesome... We just need a Castle Grayskull to match the figures...

I hate that any part of this is Walmart exclusive.  Several of the Walmarts in our area never got the marvel legends  worthy captain America and binary Captain marvel. Out of the handful of Walmarts near me never get the exclusives  and the Walmart website is a JOKE

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

So when it goes “everywhere” in 2021 will that mean only those waves coming out in 2021 will show up everywhere or will they rerelease the first waves again?  Either way I don’t understand the strategy.  If the first wave doesn’t show up at Target then those casual fans/parents who shop at Target, etc. won’t buy them because they will never see the wave one figures they’d want to buy in their first purchase. Thus without a wave one in that store those casual/parent customers who only cruise the isles of Target won’t be drawn in to start buying the line for themselves or for their kids.  If on the other hand after several months of them being at Walmart they suddenly get those same first waves at Target then those first waves won’t sell fast enough because all the die hards will already have them.  To accomplish what this line needs to accomplish it needs to attract both audiences simultaneously.  The delayed/phased roll out really is working against that.  

• Thanks 1

On 2/24/2020 at 1:17 PM, No1WonderFan said:

Glad to see anything MOTU going to stores, but these are super fugly.

I think they are a nice update to the original toys. If your only exposure to Masters is the MOTUC then I could see why you might not like them as much.

• Thanks 1

On 2/24/2020 at 5:22 PM, Roadkill said:

I hate that any part of this is Walmart exclusive.  Several of the Walmarts in our area never got the marvel legends  worthy captain America and binary Captain marvel. Out of the handful of Walmarts near me never get the exclusives  and the Walmart website is a JOKE

Im not thrilled with that news either, the only good side is that its only for the first year and then they will be available everywhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, JayC said:

Im not thrilled with that news either, the only good side is that its only for the first year and then they will be available everywhere.

I like the idea that the figures will be available at Walmart. I don't think many people knows how hard is to get a product into Walmart that is the most widely department store known in the country...

On 2/26/2020 at 6:32 PM, Neovorticism2 said:

The strategy that Mattel wants to apply with the re-launch of the franchise has not been well received in the MoTU fans circuits since some interpret it as a lack of confidence on it by Mattel or as a lack of interest on the part of the vendors, whatever, the decision is made, the die is cast , hopefully it turns out well.

There is nothing pushing this line this year, the earliest we will see the cartoons on Netflix is 2021, and who knows on the movie. So it makes sense that this is the only way for them to get the stuff out this year, giving it to Walmart as an exclusive. I think people need to realize, in the overall scheme of things the MOTU fandom is not that huge. All you need to do is look at this thread and see what is already a small demographic and  how divided it is on these new figures. There is no way this line could do that well at mass retail if it was released everywhere right now. Once there is something like the cartoons pushing it, then it might be different.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Neovorticism2 said:

Yes, I understand  that clearly, I only mentioned the point of view and the reaction of a portion of the fanbase, even with the support of the animated series, and for that matter, the film (although without many expectations) the success of the line is not guaranteed, as you mentioned the figures have caused a mixed reaction, some even think that Origins is a step back compared to Classics (I must say that they have a good point there). Believe it or not there are some MoTU fans who believe they are a majority, do you remember that guy Corey Harmon, who argued that the MoTU fandom was somehow comparable to Halo's?

Yeah,  and that was my point, I just think much of that fanbase as is often the case with these types of things thinks its bigger than it actually is.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Darwin said:

This new line looks amazing but I still hope Mattel returns to make Classics

I'm getting them because I never had all the original figures but just 5 or 6 of them as a kid... I like the new articulation for this line!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

I'm getting them because I never had all the original figures but just 5 or 6 of them as a kid... I like the new articulation for this line!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Darwin said:

I like the articulation too and the best part these one are based in the mini comics

This is going to be great...

Later figures based on the cartoon? Nice!

• Thanks 1

On 3/4/2020 at 9:52 PM, Neovorticism2 said:

Well, actually they seem to be more inspired by the vintage figures, the brand's managers said there would be figures based on mini comics but they will be exclusive to conventions.

Yes, that's true and maybe they could consider add some extra parts like heads to make the figures accurate with mini comic design. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Neovorticism2 said:

Yes, that would have been the best, but they decided to drop the heads along with the extra pairs of hands to make the figures as unexpensive as possible, but who knows last month a list was leaked in which Mattel announced its plans for Origins during the Toy Fair from Germany, among other things it was mentioned that there were two 2 packs one with Teela & MAA and the other with Beastman & Mer-Man supposedly these would include alternate heads and accessories based on the mini comics, although there are still no more information on that supposed list some users He-man.org with some sources confirmed that Mattel is considering releasing a new Castle Grayskull (similar to that from Classics but with fewer accessories).

I'm all about a new Castle Grayskull... I think we saw tease of that on the Christmas picture posted by Mattel.

I also love that Orko...

ELcZaK4WsAEpbAp.jpeg

• 1 month later...

I hope this line does well, I'm a big MOTU fan. I own the original set, 200X, and classics line. Not sure if I have reached my max on MOTU but these figures are not impressive to me. They look very 80's, while that formula worked for that time frame I'm not sure how they will stand up in a 2020 market. I hope Mattel is successful and I'm looking forward to the Netflix cartoon. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, ext1jvs said:

I hope this line does well, I'm a big MOTU fan. I own the original set, 200X, and classics line. Not sure if I have reached my max on MOTU but these figures are not impressive to me. They look very 80's, while that formula worked for that time frame I'm not sure how they will stand up in a 2020 market. I hope Mattel is successful and I'm looking forward to the Netflix cartoon. 

I will backup this line 100%...