Mezco Teases One:12 Collective Christopher Reeve Superman Figure

JayC

Today after a busy day of covering Toy Fair, I got a chance to sit down and look through Mezco product catalog they had given me. While flipping through the pages of their One:12 Collective section, I came across this page. From the original Christopher Reeve Superman, the obvious conclusion is they are hinting to an upcoming One:12 Collective Christopher Reeve Superman figure. It should go great with the already revealed Michael Keaton Batman figure.

Christopher-Reeve-One-12-Superman-Tease.jpg

• Thanks 1

I’ve only got a small handful of One:12 figures (mostly just the SDCC exclusive ones).  The figures are generally great but I’ve only got so much space and budget. But if they do Christopher Reeves Superman that will be a must get and I’d love it if they’d do the movie villains as well. 

8 hours ago, InspectorZartan said:

I’ve only got a small handful of One:12 figures (mostly just the SDCC exclusive ones).  The figures are generally great but I’ve only got so much space and budget. But if they do Christopher Reeves Superman that will be a must get and I’d love it if they’d do the movie villains as well. 

Im in the same boat. I only get a few here and there, but if its as good as their Keaton Batman seems to be I will def get this.

11 hours ago, JayC said:

Im in the same boat. I only get a few here and there, but if its as good as their Keaton Batman seems to be I will def get this.

And if the Reeve figure goes well I’d even be in for picking up a Lex, Zod, Ursa, and Non.  

Interesting that Mezco is putting out a Superman The Movie line starting with a new Christopher Reeve Superman figure from the film can't wait for that figure to come out along with that Michael Keaton Batman 89 figure !!! It's been a while since we have had a figure of Christopher Reeve as Superman from Superman The come out in 6 inch form

• 3 months later...
Back in February we first told you how Mezco had plans on doing a Christopher Reeve based One:12 Collective Superman figure. Well it looks like the official details for this figure including pre-order information should be forthcoming from Mezco on tomorrow 6/12. We will be sure to update this story once those details and images have been released.

1 hour ago, JayC said:

And mezco just dropped this first preview image for the figure. Bad news is it looks like its going to be a Mezco exclusive.

One-12-Collective-Christopher-Reeve-Superman-Preview.jpg

Just curious.  What info is leading you to think it will be a Mezco exclusive.  I’m not doubting that—just curious as to why you think so.  

On 2/23/2020 at 10:02 AM, silverback77346 said:

Yes, I would like to see what the final product looks like. If they do it right I might even think about trading in some figures to get it.

So Mezco is accepting trade-ins now??  I thought they were in the biz to make money? - cold hard cash!! Lol.

1 hour ago, InspectorZartan said:

Just curious.  What info is leading you to think it will be a Mezco exclusive.  I’m not doubting that—just curious as to why you think so.  

The little symbol in the upper left corner of the image that says Mezco exclusive is the give-away ;)

11 hours ago, JayC said:

The little symbol in the upper left corner of the image that says Mezco exclusive is the give-away ;)

Ahhh!  I didn’t even notice that lol

Based on Richard Donner’s Academy Award nominated film “Superman”, the Man of Steel joins the One:12 Collective.

The One:12 Collective Superman – 1978 Edition is outfitted in his iconic suit from the film, which proudly displays the ‘House of El’ family crest and features a cape with an integrated posing wire. Two head portraits are included depicting Christopher Reeves portrayal of Superman. The Last Son of Krypton comes complete with a Fortress of Solitude base that features a light-up function which can be activated by specific placement of the included Kryptonian crystals, or via an on/off switch.

Superman comes with a range of Kryptonite accessories including a fragment which can be held in his left hand, and a Kryponite pendant with a real chain, as used by Lex Luthor in the film.

Sent to Earth from his dying planet of Krypton, Kal-El is raised by farmers Johnathan and Martha Kent who name him Clark and raise him as their own. Discovering he has extraordinary powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men, Clark soon becomes his adoptive home’s first and greatest hero – Superman.

THE ONE:12 COLLECTIVE SUPERMAN FIGURE FEATURES:
All-new One:12 Collective body with over 28 points of articulation
Two (2) head portraits
Hand painted authentic detailing
Approximately 16cm tall
Nine (9) interchangeable hands
One (1) pair of fists (L&R)
One (1) pair of flying hands (L&R)
Two (2) pairs of posing hands (L&R)
One (1) of Kryptonite shard holding hand (L)

COSTUME:
Fitted suit with authentic detailing as seen in the Superman movie
Cape with integrated posing wire
Waist belt
Knee-high boots

ACCESSORIES:
One (1) Fortress of Solitude base with light-up function
Three (3) Kryptonite crystals (activates light-up function)
One (1) Kryptonite fragment
One (1) Kryptonite pendant necklace with real chain
One (1) One:12 Collective display base with logo
One (1) One:12 Collective adjustable display post

Each One:12 Collective Superman – 1978 Edition figure is packaged in a collector friendly tin, designed with collectors in mind. The cost is $125 and should ship this Fall. You can pre-order this figure now on the Mezco website.

8711.Jpg

8712.Jpg

8713.Jpg

8716.Jpg

8717.Jpg

8718.Jpg

8719.Jpg

8720.Jpg

8722.Jpg

8723.Jpg

8724.Jpg

8725.Jpg

8726.Jpg

8727.Jpg

8728.Jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Satam said:

Body looks a little bulky and that smile is terrible.

I think the body looks fine but I agree the smiling headsculpt looks pretty bad. Looks like Joker hit him with some SmileX. The other head is solid though. Took me five times trying to get my order to go through, but was finally able to snag one.

Ordered mine.  Well no debate on which head I’ll be displaying (not the Smiling one).  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, superjoe7 said:

it took me like 8 tries to get them to accept my payment... very bad website 

Mine went through on 2nd attempt but yeah not ideal

This figure is good. But pricey, but that creepy smile OMG. Horrible choice. I'm gonna get a custom OldBoy head as soon as possible. Will take the figure to a whole new level. 

They could have thrown in a angry look or one with red eyes. Anything would be better than that creepy ass smile.

Great companion piece for Keaton Bats. 

• Like 1