Outsiders

McFarlane New Products Display From Toy Fair 2020

ShartimusPrime talked with Todd McFarlane at this past weekend's New York Toy Fair about DC Multiverse and more.

For key points in the interview, Todd talks about how the next wave of Deluxe DC Multiverse figures where they will be going back to the classic Build-A-Figure model as opposed to the Batmobile's. If you caught my interview with Todd back in January, you know the original plan was to do a whole series of different Batmobiles. That now seems to have changed. You will need to get 4 figures to complete the Build-A-Figure, though he doesn't reveal what the actual Build-A-Figure will be. It's unclear if he is still planning on releasing larger scale figures in single packaging, like he indicated back in January. When I personally talked to the McFarlane people off-camera this past weekend, they did indicated that was still on the table, but I think we will have to wait and see what they actually do.

Going back to the the first Build-A-Figure they plan on doing, Todd says it will be BIG, really big. He also goes on to indicate the articulation might be more limited, as big characters often don't need to be as poseable as characters like Batman.

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 12:56 PM, cbates92 said:

I'm not sure about these mcfarlane dc figures. I got the superman figure and it's alright looks ok. The other figures tho dont look all that great from what I've seen. Still haven't seen the hellbat in hand yet tho. Not super happy with the scale either. I guess I'll display the ones I do pick up with my my hero academia figures

There've been a lot of apologists and fanboys out there but I think people are catching on.....just because its got McFarlane's name, doesn't mean its a good product. I'll just say it- he flat dropped the ball on the Batman and Superman figures. I don't know if its because they figured its his name so fans will buy, or because its Batman/Superman and they're so well known, of COURSE they'll buy. But its not working. They have wonky articulation, awful looking torso/ab crunch designs, shrunken heads and don't get me started on the inability to pose the heads looking up. This is just not acceptable, given what we see on the Fortnite figures, Marvel Legends, etc. There are a number of kickstarter projects that have a better product than this McFarlane mess. The Hellbat and Superman armored figures are better, and all the figures I've seen thus far have really nice paint jobs, but that's about it.

• Like 1