McFarlane New Products Display From Toy Fair 2020

Outsiders

Good showing here. Feels like the CoD Ghost is calling my name. The Cyberpunk figures are cool but I want to play the game before I buy anything based off it. the Arkham and White Knight versions of Batman and joker are nice. I don’t want to be negative with a new line because I know they will get around to doing more characters but damn DC has more to offer than just Batman. 

At this point i am looking forward for the upcoming DOOM figures, the newest Mortal Kombat figures such as Baraka, Kitana and even Spawn.

The Arkham Asylum Joker looks cool though I've barely even played any of the Batman Arkham games and only seemed some gameplay of them which i wasn't sure it caught my attention back then.

Now i definitely may not know much about Cyberpunk 2077, only seen one trailer where Keanu's character appeared and now as i am seeing a figure of his character being made, I'm going for it, i mean he's Keanu Reeves, why wouldn't i buy it haha.

Looks like McFarlane took a page from Mezco's book when it came to the Star Trek licence: pick it up, promise big things, dabble in it for a short bit then let it wither and die on the vine and finally vanish from the product line like it was never there. Disappointing. Wonder who will do it next. Trek deserves better.

3 hours ago, DylanRaven055 said:

Nice! Only thing I don't like is WW's face. Looks kinda weird. 

The face?? Look at those ridiculous stove pipe legs. Its like they put all effort into the paint (which looks great) and ran out of gas on something so simple and basic its hard to believe. And why is her hair light brown?

• Like 1

The Warhammer figure is the best reveal from the McFarlane imo, hopefully the articulation won't suck as it did with the Doom figure. 

Uraraka looks awful and sadly no Valkyrie from Fortnite, yet.

DC Multiverse slightly improved, but nothing that catch my eye in particular.  

20 hours ago, Atlantis said:

The face?? Look at those ridiculous stove pipe legs. Its like they put all effort into the paint (which looks great) and ran out of gas on something so simple and basic its hard to believe. And why is her hair light brown?

Holy cow! You're right, I haven't noticed but damn! Those are some wanky looking legs.

Now that there are more photos I can confirm that there's really nothing from the DC line I'm interested in. The Arkham Batman looks nice, but I feel his legs are a bit smaller that the whole torso, giving him a kinda cartoony look, or at least that's how it comes across in the pics.

The My Hero Academia figures are neat, the sculpt and accessories look cool, my only complain is how the faces look. The only one that looks ok from this second wave is Iida. 

Keanu looks cool, might wanna get him. As for Samurai, I'll wait for the female version.

I'm not sure about these mcfarlane dc figures. I got the superman figure and it's alright looks ok. The other figures tho dont look all that great from what I've seen. Still haven't seen the hellbat in hand yet tho. Not super happy with the scale either. I guess I'll display the ones I do pick up with my my hero academia figures

Hopefully the DOOM line is popular enough to warrant figures of the '93 game, I'd love a Doomguy and a Baron with a couple of Imps too. Sucks that GW is still trying to shove Primaris marines down everyone's throats because a normal marine would be an instant buy, especially the unpainted marine figure. I'd kill for a Dark Angels Space Marine....

So no Harry Potter or Game of Thrones even though those licenses were picked up not that long ago?  Is that a sigh that the license expired, that those lines didn’t sell, or that they were only ever meant to be a quick couple of figures and done.  

Admittedly I wasn’t buying these figures either so I’m not personally heart broken over this.   I just find it interesting.  

On 2/25/2020 at 2:37 PM, InspectorZartan said:

So no Harry Potter or Game of Thrones even though those licenses were picked up not that long ago?  Is that a sigh that the license expired, that those lines didn’t sell, or that they were only ever meant to be a quick couple of figures and done.  

Admittedly I wasn’t buying these figures either so I’m not personally heart broken over this.   I just find it interesting.  

They are working on more Harry Potter, just not showing anything new. GOT not sure. Back in Jan they indicated they still had more stuff coming but I did not specifically ask at Toy Fair. Harry Potter I did.

ShartimusPrime talked with Todd McFarlane at this past weekend's New York Toy Fair about DC Multiverse and more.

For key points in the interview, Todd talks about how the next wave of Deluxe DC Multiverse figures where they will be going back to the classic Build-A-Figure model as opposed to the Batmobile's. If you caught my interview with Todd back in January, you know the original plan was to do a whole series of different Batmobiles. That now seems to have changed. You will need to get 4 figures to complete the Build-A-Figure, though he doesn't reveal what the actual Build-A-Figure will be. It's unclear if he is still planning on releasing larger scale figures in single packaging, like he indicated back in January. When I personally talked to the McFarlane people off-camera this past weekend, they did indicated that was still on the table, but I think we will have to wait and see what they actually do.

Going back to the the first Build-A-Figure they plan on doing, Todd says it will be BIG, really big. He also goes on to indicate the articulation might be more limited, as big characters often don't need to be as poseable as characters like Batman.

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 12:56 PM, cbates92 said:

I'm not sure about these mcfarlane dc figures. I got the superman figure and it's alright looks ok. The other figures tho dont look all that great from what I've seen. Still haven't seen the hellbat in hand yet tho. Not super happy with the scale either. I guess I'll display the ones I do pick up with my my hero academia figures

There've been a lot of apologists and fanboys out there but I think people are catching on.....just because its got McFarlane's name, doesn't mean its a good product. I'll just say it- he flat dropped the ball on the Batman and Superman figures. I don't know if its because they figured its his name so fans will buy, or because its Batman/Superman and they're so well known, of COURSE they'll buy. But its not working. They have wonky articulation, awful looking torso/ab crunch designs, shrunken heads and don't get me started on the inability to pose the heads looking up. This is just not acceptable, given what we see on the Fortnite figures, Marvel Legends, etc. There are a number of kickstarter projects that have a better product than this McFarlane mess. The Hellbat and Superman armored figures are better, and all the figures I've seen thus far have really nice paint jobs, but that's about it.

• Like 1