NECA New Products Display From Toy Fair 2020

Outsiders

If the Defenders of the Earth figures look as good when they hit the shelves I wouldn't mind getting that Flash Gordon and customize him into the original human torch for Invaders. Ming maybe just to have another villain on hand. I figure the Flash figure is already mostly red, just a little more paint even a no customizing talent ape like me could do a decent job. 

5 minutes ago, silverback77346 said:

If the Defenders of the Earth figures look as good when they hit the shelves I wouldn't mind getting that Flash Gordon and customize him into the original human torch for Invaders. Ming maybe just to have another villain on hand. I figure the Flash figure is already mostly red, just a little more paint even a no customizing talent ape like me could do a decent job. 

I'm hoping these things are closer to the Animated Turtles scale, which is more adjacent to the Marvel Legends scale . . . cause I've wanted a Phantom for my Marvel Legends for a LOOONG time.

Daamn, I've never thought NECA was gonna get more horror movie licences such as Candyman or Hatchet, but he we are seeing them making some of them into, retro cloth style figures, others into toony terrors, i admit I'd still would love to see more 7" figures based on other horror movie characters and heck even there are other horror movie characters I'd love to see NECA try such as Pumpkinhead or Maniac cop.

While I'm not into replicas, those Batman replicas are looking dang cool :).

• Like 1

So, the TMNT being the only pieces of any interest to me (although the animated B&T and BTTF figures and all the Batman prop replicas - live-action or animated - ARE all pretty cool), I have to note the following points:
<P>
- The TMNT2 movie figures all look FANTASTIC.
<P>
- Splinter looks excellent.
<P>
- Traag and Granitor look MOSTLY excellent.  They had slightly more humanoid proportions in their original appearance, but I can let it slide.
<P>
- Krang is WAY too wide.  Seriously, that's not the cartoon model.  That's the exaggerated 2012 CGI version.  He's just NOT THAT FAT in the original series.  Regardless, he better have a PILE of swappable hands.
<P>
- Speaking of oversized, why is Baxter Stockman's head so HUGE?  Also, I want a human version too.
<P>
- Metalhead is also a tad oversized, but not absurdly so.
<P>
- I LOVE the Baby Shredder!
<P>
- Huh.  Three different Triceratons, yeah?  They appeared in ONE episode.  Really deep-cutting on that one, are we?  Quite the over-commitment.  I mean, I get the whole "mold reuse" thing, but you really think there's that big of a market?  Can't even repurpose them as Mirage Comic versions, since the Mirage Triceratons look NOTHING like the cartoon ones.  Did they all appear in the arcade games?
<P>
- This one's for TNI: C'mon, guys!!  You can give us multiple pics of identical and already released turtles, but not ONE good shot of movie Casey Jones?!? *LOL*
<P>
Nevertheless, despite my few gripes, I love most of what I'm seeing here.  Need some slight correction on scale issues, I think, but other than that, this is all great stuff!  Can't wait!!

3 hours ago, Satam said:

Disappointed not seeing Bret and Parker in that display, but pleasantly surprised to see the Gremlin known as Greta back in their displays and really hoping she hits shelves soon.

Wait, you are disappointed as to where they put the figures on the shelf???

3 hours ago, silverback77346 said:

Defenders of the Earth certainly look jacked. I do hope that isn't the final Phantom however, because he's missing his striped briefs....I don't think they depicted them like that on the cartoon but he really should have them. Well, I can always paint them on myself....but its great seeing these guys.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Neovorticism2 said:

Wow, these Godzilla figures, they look fantastic, uh but something tells me that the final figures are not going to look that great. 

Defenders of the earth?!, well, there must be a market for that out there. 

Yea, the prototypes look great, but I think the final product will be pretty close too based on past performance. NECA has been on point with its  last few Gojis, the ‘62 and ‘64 looked as good if not better than the promo figures. Looking forward to these releases.

Neca has alot of things here that would be must haves, finally the Lady Gremlin, I've been waiting for that to get released since forever, wish we'd get some more like Vegetable Gremlin n such, The winners here are finally getting Tokka and Rahzar... damn do these look good, this Turtles Movie figure series is insane right now, Super Shredder as well...I need those

Last year I felt like it was a tight race for best in show at ToyFair between NECA, Super7, and Hasbro but this year I think NECA wins it hands down.  

Pixel-Dan caught up with NECA's Randy Falk during this past weekend's New York Toy Fair where they talked about the latest reveals including Back To The Future, Defenders of the Earth, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Alien, Predator and more.

NECA will be doing 7" Ultimate Back To The Future figures starting with Marty as well as a 6" Toony Classics line based on the animated series that includes Marty, Doc Brown, Einstein, Biff and even a Delorean.

Another surprise announcement from this weekend was that they would be doing 7" action figures based on the 1985 Defenders of the Earth animated series. They are doing figures of Flash Gordon, The Phantom, Mandrake the Magician, Lothar and Ming the Merciless.

On the TMNT front it was announced that going forward the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie line going forward would now be sold exclusively at Walmart stores. These will be available at both Walmart's physical and online stores. They are going to do more figures for the first 90's movie as well as Secret of the Ooze. They showed off two packs of Casey Jones with Ralph in disguise deluxe and Tokka with Rahzar. They also debuted a new Super Shredder Deluxe figure.

Animated series figures will continue to be Target store exclusives. More Rocksteady and Bebop 2-packs are coming in March and should be available both online and physical stores. Besides 2-packs they will also be releasing Deluxe figures which will include Ultimate FOOT Soldier, Metalhead and Krang in Android Body. New Baxter Stockman figure was debuted as well which will be released in a 2-pack.

Check out the entire interview below.

I really want to know more about those Batman life-size props!  Especially the 89 Batarang and grapnel launcher.  I have several NECA movie prop repros in my collection, from 300.  I'm happy with them and I'm really interested in their take on more Bats stuff.

TAKKA AND RAZAR!! AND SUPER SHREDDER!! Those are my definite pick ups. I would love to grab any of the arcade game and cartoon based TMNT stuff but money is limited and that goes to other licenses i desperately want more. The rest they have are great. I do miss their Player Select line they did, seems now they just do alot of predator, alien, tmnt, and movie licenses anymore. I guess their video game stuff kind of got dropped for all that instead. Still they always impress me in what they put out and definitely a favorite toy company of mine.