Power Rangers 6" Lightning Collection Wave 5 First Look

JayC

Back in December we saw rumors for Hasbro's 5th wave of 6" Power Rangers: Lightning Collection figures surface, and now we have our first images confirming things. The wave will include:

- Zeo Gold Ranger (630509936038)
- Time Force Red Ranger (630509936045)
- Mighty Morphin Blue Ranger (630509936052)
- LC MMPR Boom Studio Ranger Slayer (630509936069)

Check pack tomorrow for a more in-depth look at these during Hasbro's Toy Fair coverage which kicks off at 1:30pm ET.

Power-Rangers-Lightning-Collection-Wave-5.jpg

• Like 1

Like what I'm seeing, but we still have 27 years of Power Rangers to go through. I'm hoping they'll give the comic characters a rest for a bit.

I wanna see characters from the actual show, not stuff they made up for what basically constitutes high-end fan fiction.

1 hour ago, mako said:

Like what I'm seeing, but we still have 27 years of Power Rangers to go through. I'm hoping they'll give the comic characters a rest for a bit.

I wanna see characters from the actual show, not stuff they made up for what basically constitutes high-end fan fiction.

Completely agree. I know they're trying to use Kimberly to make as much money as they can, but I have a a whole list of female rangers I'd rather get than a comic character from a book I've put off reading for about two years now. 

Ladies and gentleman, the TF red ranger, Wesley Collins. Legit favorite ranger ever, and it's not even close I am so beyond happy they're making this. The figure itself look beautiful, I love the silver gauntlets I'm just over the moon for this character and this figure. 

2 hours ago, RyanJSaber said:

Completely agree. I know they're trying to use Kimberly to make as much money as they can, but I have a a whole list of female rangers I'd rather get than a comic character from a book I've put off reading for about two years now. 

Right there with you on that one. Give me Kendrix, Maya, Kira, or Kat; and that's just my shortlist.

I'm not against the "Expanded Universe" stuff, but it's kind of a waste of time when you already have such a huge cast to pull from in your "main universe.".

I know we have seen the release of multiple rangers that are played by the same actor. Tommy being the base of three figures. Could that be due to Hasbro having likeness deals with those actors and actresses. Could there be a hold up on some ranger teams being released because they don’t have likeness deals with everyone yet? 

Yes! More MMPR. Really glad that we're getting all the team together. I'm tempted to get the Time Force team as well. What we need is more villains. Although in this case, I guess the Ranger Slayer is the villain in this wave. She looks dope.

13 hours ago, mako said:

I mean, I've seen Lord Drakkon has sold very well. My guess is that's the reason they're making these. And as @clockstomper said, it may also have to do with the fact that they're part of that mobile game. 

I'm so excited to get Billy My personal favorite Blue Ranger of all time I Cant wait to see Dino Thunder and Ninja Storm figures in the future from Hasbro

• Like 1