First Look At Hasbro's 6" Ghostbusters And The Real Ghostbusters Figures

JayC

Images have slipped out of the Hasbro Toy Fair showroom giving us our first glimpse at Hasbro's 6" Ghostbusters original movie figures as well as figures from the The Real Ghostbusters animated series. It's unclear what scale the Animated Series figures are. We should get better looks at these tomorrow when Toy Fair officially kicks off. Look for Hasbro coverage to begin around 1:30 pm ET.

Hasbro-Ghostbuster-01.jpg

Hasbro-Ghostbusters-02.jpg

Shown below is a look at the packaging and loose images for Hasbro's first wave of 6" Ghostbusters Plasma series figures which includes gon Spengler, Ray Stantz, Peter Venkman, Winston Zeddemore, Dana Barrett and Gozer. The last two are separate releases from the rest. The build-a-figure is one of the demigods, Zuul I think. Check out images below and check back this afternoon around 1:30pm ET for more Hasbro Toy Fair coverage.

Ghostbusters-Plasma-Series-Dana-Barrett.jpg

Ghostbusters-Plasma-Series-Dana-Barrett-01.jpg

Ghostbusters-Plasma-Series-Egon-Spengler.jpg

Ghostbusters-Plasma-Series-Egon-Spengler-01.jpg

Ghostbusters-Plasma-Series-Gozer.jpg

Ghostbusters-Plasma-Series-Gozer-01.jpg

Ghostbusters-Plasma-Series-Peter-Venkman.jpg

Ghostbusters-Plasma-Series-Peter-Venkman-01.jpg

Ghostbusters-Plasma-Series-Ray-Stanz.jpg

Ghostbusters-Plasma-Series-Ray-Stanz-01.jpg

Ghostbusters-Plasma-Series-Winston-Zeddmore.jpg

Ghostbusters-Plasma-Series-Winston-Zeddmore-01.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Goldbug said:

the cartoon ones look just like repaint movie ones that are 5POA & 5 inches

very week offering IMHO

They're not repaint movie figures.  They appear to be the exact same original Kenner Real Ghostbusters figures from 1986.  I actually think it's kinda smart.  It doesn't get more nostalgic than the original toys.

On 2/22/2020 at 10:36 AM, Satam said:

They're not repaint movie figures.  They appear to be the exact same original Kenner Real Ghostbusters figures from 1986.  I actually think it's kinda smart.  It doesn't get more nostalgic than the original toys.

ah ok they do seem to be on a retro streak

although I wonder if it wouldn't be cheaper to find the old figures on ebay instead

24 minutes ago, Goldbug said:

ah ok they do seem to be on a retro streak

although I wonder if it wouldn't be cheaper to find the old figures on ebay instead

I assure you, it's not.  The first wave figures, complete and in good condition go for about $30-$50, loose.  Carded, they go for several hundred dollars.  No way Hasbro sells these guys for any more than $20 or so.  MSRP will probably be closer to $15.

These are very cool, but I just don't think I'm going to be collecting, inless we get more ghosts and monsters, I'd be sold if these were new style articulated Cartoon figures rather than movie figures personally, if that were the case.. I'd not even hesitate to collect them, that BAF however I do reallly want

I have all the original Kenner figures so I don’t need these retros, but I’m sort of thinking about maybe just picking up one to display in package.  That said, not sure rather to get Peter or get Slimer as the packaged sample.  

The movie figures look good but just not sure I need them seeing how I have the Mattel ones and the Diamond Select ones.  

Oddly I think some of the Hasbro Ghostbuster product I’m most interested in is the cute/kiddie stuff they showed.  As one off I could see a couple of those making it onto my Ghostbuster shelves.  

• 2 months later...
15 hours ago, Worldbreakerkou said:

I see these going the way of overwatch...

I would agree except there is a movie coming. These will last at least until that gets released, and then depending on how successful that is will likely determine how much longer after  that Hasbro puts effort into the line.

• Like 1