G.I.Joe 6" Classified Wave 1 First Look And Snake-Eyes Exclusive Pre-Order Info

JayC

Hasbro today has given us our first official look at their new 6" G.I.Joe Classified line with a look at Scarlet and Roadblock from wave one as well as putting up for pre-order the special edition Hasbro Pulse exclusive Snake-Eyes which is available for pre-order now. Check out images for all of these below and stay-tuned for more info on this line this weekend at Toy Fair.

GIJoe.jpg

Snake-Eyes-09.jpg

Snake-Eyes-08.jpg

Snake-Eyes-07.jpg

Snake-Eyes-06.jpg

Snake-Eyes-05.jpg

Snake-Eyes-04.jpg

Snake-Eyes-03.jpg

Snake-Eyes-02.jpg

Snake-Eyes-01.jpg

GIJoe-02.jpg

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, lordtom said:

Solid but why the cartoony look? Are these accompanying a cartoon series? Also will we get the original looking versions of these characters? 

I dont know whats really cartoony????

• Thanks 1

Are these Fortnite figures or G. I. Joe figure? Collectors have waiting years for a 6" G.I. Joe line and this is what Hasbro gives us? I hope these figures are for an upcoming cartoon series/ video game/comic and not an indication of what's to come for collectors for future waves. If these figures are not for an upcoming cartoon series/ video game/comic, then collectors are going to be sorely disappointed. Hasbro better come through this weekend and reassure collectors that they are going to produce 1980's 3.75" G.I. Joe figures in 6" scale, otherwise this line will be dead on arrival.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, moonknight36 said:

Are these Fortnite figures or G. I. Joe figure? Collectors have waiting years for a 6" G.I. Joe line and this is what Hasbro gives us? I hope these figures are for an upcoming cartoon series/ video game/comic and not an indication of what's to come for collectors for future waves. If these figures are not for an upcoming cartoon series/ video game/comic, then collectors are going to be sorely disappointed. Hasbro better come through this weekend and reassure collectors that they are going to produce 1980's 3.75" G.I. Joe figures in 6" scale, otherwise this line will be dead on arrival.

Come on man, you know better than that.  Assuming the line continues you know full well they're going to release the classic versions of the characters. They've been doing this with Marvel Legends for years (maybe you're not interesting in Marvel Legends,  in which case maybe you don't know so I apologize),  They release a version of the character, then a couple waves later release the version everyone wants, they do this to help ensure sales.

See, you need a Roadblock,  the only one available is weirdo new design Roadblock. You  don't love the design but it's the only one available, and you can't NOT have a Roadblock, so you buy it. A year or so later a wave will have that Classic Roadblock and you'll buy it because that's "YOUR" Roadblock. They have done this forever.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Savonti said:

Come on man, you know better than that.  Assuming the line continues you know full well they're going to release the classic versions of the characters. They've been doing this with Marvel Legends for years (maybe you're not interesting in Marvel Legends,  in which case maybe you don't know so I apologize),  They release a version of the character, then a couple waves later release the version everyone wants, they do this to help ensure sales.

See, you need a Roadblock,  the only one available is weirdo new design Roadblock. You  don't love the design but it's the only one available, and you can't NOT have a Roadblock, so you buy it. A year or so later a wave will have that Classic Roadblock and you'll buy it because that's "YOUR" Roadblock. They have done this forever.

But they shouldn't have gone for these looks at all. Like who are those meant to appeal to? Should have gone straight for the classic 80s look. 

• Thanks 1

I think they look terrific, and if they were 1:18/4" scale I'd be all over them, but the last thing I need is a larger scale that takes up even more space. Besides, I was never into these larger scales and I especially never understood the love for 6" figures...too doll-like for me. That said, I hope they do well and all you 6-inchers dig 'em.

• Thanks 1

Snake-Eyes exclusive is going for $39.99 but do we know what the regular price is going to be?  Hasbro might want to look at costs between $9.99 to $14.99 or this line will have some trouble selling...

• Thanks 1

Not sure about Scarlett and Roadblock though

She's not bad... she could be more classic but I'm not really excited at all for that Roadblock V2 and the crazy gun and all the shiny gold is just silly and the head sculpt just seems off

GI Joe is fantasy and all but who the hell rocks shiny gold boots, knee pad, etc.

It should definitely start classic. Even though I like the Snake Eyes he has at least 3 arashikage logos on him that are visible just from the front... I'm guessing one or 2 from the back. We don't really need even one... but I guess if push comes to shove one is cool on the scabbard or even sheath but that's it. Don't need a belt buckle and another insignia on his neck. We get it he's part of a secret ninja clan... now not secret at all😅

Mattel did it for years pretty successfully with MOTUC no real major design changes just sculpt updates. Hell they are hedging their bets on the new retail MOTU line that's slightly updated from vintage sculpts and designs. Hopefully if the Joe line is an ongoing thing we actually get classic designs.

I really think Snake Eyes should’ve had a more muted grey visor and wearing less gear. Like in the image attached below from the original leaked pictures. The Snake Eyes on the right looks more classic... just a nice newly sculpted classic update. Just add the arm bands and belt (minus the arashikage logo) and damn near perfect.

7B12DBB5-A234-4483-999B-6251175B9F51.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I'm undecided on if I will get any of these.

Good stuff:

I like the overall outfit looks. I like that you can tell who they are by looking at them. I like that they kind of have a modern 2020 military look updated from their 80's looks. I would love to see classic versions in the future but these are cool to start with.

I like the differences in height. Scarlet is shorter than Snake Eyes and Roadblock is taller and more muscular.

Articulation, deco and detail are great. Body part proportions look good. No weird Joe vs Cobra long legs and short torsos and giant hands and feet.

Bad stuff:

Weapons and accessories.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Outsiders said:

Snake-Eyes exclusive is going for $39.99 but do we know what the regular price is going to be?  Hasbro might want to look at costs between $9.99 to $14.99 or this line will have some trouble selling...

$20 like all their 6" figures.

• Thanks 1