G.I.Joe 6" Classified Wave 1 First Look And Snake-Eyes Exclusive Pre-Order Info

JayC

9 hours ago, moonknight36 said:

Are these Fortnite figures or G. I. Joe figure? Collectors have waiting years for a 6" G.I. Joe line and this is what Hasbro gives us? I hope these figures are for an upcoming cartoon series/ video game/comic and not an indication of what's to come for collectors for future waves. If these figures are not for an upcoming cartoon series/ video game/comic, then collectors are going to be sorely disappointed. Hasbro better come through this weekend and reassure collectors that they are going to produce 1980's 3.75" G.I. Joe figures in 6" scale, otherwise this line will be dead on arrival.

Was thinking the same thing. The only figure out of what is shown that I like and have pre-ordered is the Snake-eyes Hasbro pulse exclusive.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, JayC said:

I dont know whats really cartoony????

Thanks for the heads up JayC I preordered the snake eyes exclusive 10 minutes after you uploaded your video on YouTube. don't know why mine says ship date 4/1/20 on my confirmation email and now if you look at website it says ship date 7/1/20

• Thanks 1

I pre-ordered the Snake Eyes figure already. I'm liking the Scarlett figure quite a lot, and the Roadblock is slowly growing on me.  I do see a great potential for the line. Duke also looks pretty good as well, though I do hope they do a Jungle version like in the Pursuit of Cobra Line. 

It's funny because the reaction from the Joe community is almost exactly like the one the Star Wars community had when the Black Series first appeared (and look how that line turned out !)

• Thanks 1

I saw the figures are available for pre-order on the Hasbro Pulse website, including the Snake Eyes shirt.  Only problem is I don't feel like paying an extra $50 dollars to join their premium fan club just to get the shirt.  I know it's supposed to get me perks but I'm not seeing anything yet.

• Thanks 1

On 2/21/2020 at 9:50 PM, Stikman said:

I feel like the dudes whining about how the new figures look probably sound a lot like the old school GI Joe fans back in 1982 when Hasbro debuted the 3.75 inch Joes. LOL  

I can remember my older brother back in the 80s telling me that my rah figures weren’t real joes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'll be getting these, just not sure I approve of having to pay 40 bucks for Snake Eyes. I'm half-way tempted to pick up a clearance Enforcer from Fortnite and call it IT Snake Eyes.

Hasbro is really starting to play dirty pool with this whole "Deluxe Figure" thing. I'm betting it comes back to bite 'em on the butt real soon.

• Thanks 1

On 2/24/2020 at 6:55 AM, mako said:

I'll be getting these, just not sure I approve of having to pay 40 bucks for Snake Eyes. I'm half-way tempted to pick up a clearance Enforcer from Fortnite and call it IT Snake Eyes.

Hasbro is really starting to play dirty pool with this whole "Deluxe Figure" thing. I'm betting it comes back to bite 'em on the butt real soon.

I think unless the line completely tanks out the gate (which I’m doubtful of) then there will be a standard release Snake Eyes coming out at the $20 price point.  So if you don’t need the deluxe I’d just hold off for a little bit.  

• Thanks 1

On 2/22/2020 at 12:11 PM, Outsiders said:

I saw the figures are available for pre-order on the Hasbro Pulse website, including the Snake Eyes shirt.  Only problem is I don't feel like paying an extra $50 dollars to join their premium fan club just to get the shirt.  I know it's supposed to get me perks but I'm not seeing anything yet.

Thus far there really haven’t been many perks outside of convention season.  I go to SDCC every year so for that reason it’s worth it to me, but that’s really about it.  

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, InspectorZartan said:

I think unless the line completely tanks out the gate (which I’m doubtful of) then there will be a standard release Snake Eyes coming out at the $20 price point.  So if you don’t need the deluxe I’d just hold off for a little bit.  

Oh, no doubt. The mere fact the actual Snake Eyes from this set comes packaged in the same type standard window box the other Joes do pretty much guarantees it'll see standard release.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, InspectorZartan said:

Thus far there really haven’t been many perks outside of convention season.  I go to SDCC every year so for that reason it’s worth it to me, but that’s really about it.  

This would be great for SDCC if the exclusive items are going to be available on the website.  We've seen a lot of exclusives only available at SDCC.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Outsiders said:

This would be great for SDCC if the exclusive items are going to be available on the website.  We've seen a lot of exclusives only available at SDCC.

Yeah,but Hasbro is usually pretty good about getting their SDC Exclusives to Pulse.

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, daveysockrocker said:

I really hope this line goes on long enough to get characters like Buzzsaw and Zarana and Bazooka. And at least one GI Joe vehicle from Haslab. OF course we all want the USS Flagg, but I'd settle for the Defiant Shuttle.

Odd, I was hoping this line would last long enough for me to finish the first bloody wave. I also hope Hasbro wakes the F--K up and ends that Haslab BS so they can put all their efforts behind getting their normal stuff to the pegs . . . like REAL toy companies.

9 hours ago, mako said:

Odd, I was hoping this line would last long enough for me to finish the first bloody wave. I also hope Hasbro wakes the F--K up and ends that Haslab BS so they can put all their efforts behind getting their normal stuff to the pegs . . . like REAL toy companies.

I cant be mad at Haslab. Beause of its business model were getting that sentinel which is outstanding and would never have worked under normal business practices. Big box stores dont like to carry something that large and that expensive unless its something like a bike or power wheels.

Shelf space is at a premium, especially with toysrus gone, so to manage costs the big box stores wouldve demanded a smaller size or lower price point, which couldve ruined it. Also given Haslabs infrequency, I dont think its holding up normal production that much at all.

4 hours ago, daveysockrocker said:

I cant be mad at Haslab. Beause of its business model were getting that sentinel which is outstanding and would never have worked under normal business practices. Big box stores dont like to carry something that large and that expensive unless its something like a bike or power wheels.

Shelf space is at a premium, especially with toysrus gone, so to manage costs the big box stores wouldve demanded a smaller size or lower price point, which couldve ruined it. Also given Haslabs infrequency, I dont think its holding up normal production that much at all.

Don't believe the hype. Look at any Target or Walmart in my area. Empty pegs. Shelf space can be going at that big a premium.

1 hour ago, mako said:

Don't believe the hype. Look at any Target or Walmart in my area. Empty pegs. Shelf space can be going at that big a premium.

Its the same thing all over the country. the pandemic is causing slow downs across all avenues of production. Toys, materials, food. Why do you think taco bell is about to cut a quarter of their menu, or shipping on anything is taking longer.

But that doesnt change the fact that buyers for big retailers dont want to take the chance of taking up that kind of space, at that price point, for fear they may not sell. They dont look at direct funded ventures like Haslab and assume itll mean sales for them. One thing above all else is they are ridiculously cheap.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, daveysockrocker said:

Its the same thing all over the country. the pandemic is causing slow downs across all avenues of production. Toys, materials, food. Why do you think taco bell is about to cut a quarter of their menu, or shipping on anything is taking longer.

Because people found out Covid-19 makes the perfect excuse to cover their natural laziness, ineptitude and greed.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, mako said:

Because people found out Covid-19 makes the perfect excuse to cover their natural laziness, ineptitude and greed.

Indeed it is true :(

• Thanks 1