NECA TMNT Animated Series Target Exclusive Shredder or Krang 2-Pack

JayC

NECA is re-releasing their Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Animated Series Shredder and Krang figures from wave 1 in a new two-pack which is available at Target now.

Back when NECA first announced this set was coming, they also indicated more Rocksteady and Bebop figures would be shipping to Targets around the same time. No word if that has happened, but it is not currently available for purchase on the website.

TMNT-Target-Krang-And-Shredder.jpg

TMNT-Target-Rocksteady-And-Bebop.jpg

• Thanks 1

I haven't seen jack at Target except the same 3 Foot Soldier packs. If Neca is going to do a refresh, I wish they'd put up or shut-up. Usually, when a company makes so little effort getting their stuff in stores, I write 'em off and call it a day.

Getting REAL close to that point.

55 minutes ago, stcardinal said:

Seriously, it's an exercise in futility. Having them online is also just as worthless as it's always out of stock

I know, right? Why not make a few less figures from 30-40 year old horror franchises and put some of that money toward more Turtles figures. It's obvious Turtles have the bigger demand. I don't remember the last time I walked past the back wall of a Target and DIDN'T see the same untouched Jason, Michael, Alien or (especially) Predator figures choking up the pegs.

I thought those Stranger Things Barbs at 5 and Below were pathetic.

I have given up on this TMNT figures a long time. Just almost impossible to get and no way I am gonna pay secondary market prices. 

When we really get down to it why are the NECA TMNT Target figures so hard to find.  Normally what makes a retail figure so difficult to find is the fact that the sought after figure comes in a case with 5 or 6 less sought after figures who warm the pegs and thus halt a restock.  But with the NECA stuff that’s not really the situation.  Their pegs are just always empty so we can’t really blame this on peg warmers. 

Just checked 2 Targets today.  Between the 2 there were 10 of these Shredder/Krang 2 packs, 0 Bebop and Rocksteady.  Very frustrating.  But if you need Shredder and Krang and you’re in the Los Angeles area please go buy them all as I’m in the desperate hope that if these get cleared out maybe there is a distant hope of another restock

On 2/20/2020 at 6:44 PM, JayC said:

NECA is re-releasing their Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Animated Series Shredder and Krang figures from wave 1 in a new two-pack which is available at Target now.

Back when NECA first announced this set was coming, they also indicated more Rocksteady and Bebop figures would be shipping to Targets around the same time. No word if that has happened, but it is not currently available for purchase on the website.

TMNT-Target-Krang-And-Shredder.jpg

TMNT-Target-Rocksteady-And-Bebop.jpg

No luck finding these figures at my local Target stores...

That's it, I'm done. I thought I could just write off the Bebop and Rocksteady set and hold out for Casey and April, but lets get real, if anything, those are gonna be even HARDER to track down. So until Neca puts on their Big-Boy pants and learns to sell action figures, I'm out.

• Thanks 1

Rocksteady and Bebop apparently was back in stock online yesterday but once again only lasted a few minutes before selling out. Knowing full well the demand for this 2-pack, I agree that its pretty ridiculous that they are still only stocking it in limited numbers. I think they may list it a few more times online, but if they cant stock it in enough numbers especially if they are limiting them to 1 per person that it cant remain in stock for at least the majority of a day, they might as well hang it up.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JayC said:

Rocksteady and Bebop apparently was back in stock online yesterday but once again only lasted a few minutes before selling out. Knowing full well the demand for this 2-pack, I agree that its pretty ridiculous that they are still only stocking it in limited numbers. I think they may list it a few more times online, but if they cant stock it in enough numbers especially if they are limiting them to 1 per person that it cant remain in stock for at least the majority of a day, they might as well hang it up.

This is getting extremely difficult to collect. No luck with the online Target release...  Hey JayC.

Send a comment to the NECA team about this situation.. 

31 minutes ago, Roadpigmaster said:

This is getting extremely difficult to collect. No luck with the online Target release...  Hey JayC.

Being the solely responsible for the problem, I'm pretty sure they know.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mako said:

Being the solely responsible for the problem, I'm pretty sure they know.

Well, I change needs to be made because there is a lot of demand and not enough product to be distribute...

3 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

Well, I change needs to be made because there is a lot of demand and not enough product to be distribute...

You're preaching to the choir. I've been saying that for months. I mean, these Neca Turtle figures are the Turtles I've been waiting for in every way. Yet, if this is the way Neca's gonna do business, I'd just as soon they dropped the license. Let 'em go back to their Aliens and Predators, and slasher movie figures. Those are all Neca shows any real interest in pushing in the market anyway.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

I've talked to Randy directly in detail about it, and truth is I see it more Target's doing than NECA. If Target wanted to order plenty of figures to be able to stock their shelves and online website better I doubt NECA would be like no sorry we will only make you a small of these. We can speculate why Target might want to limit their stock for these and who's fault it is, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter. From the consumer standpoint, the continued frustration is only going to drive people away, not grow the consumer base.

• Thanks 1

For those still looking, apparently the Rocksteady and Bebop refreshers have finally hit. Target in Benton had TWO sets along with the two previously mentioned Foot packs and a Shredder & Krang set.

Maybe there is hope for Neca after all.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, mako said:

For those still looking, apparently the Rocksteady and Bebop refreshers have finally hit. Target in Benton had TWO sets along with the two previously mentioned Foot packs and a Shredder & Krang set.

Maybe there is hope for Neca after all.

Unfortunately if they only had 2 sets, you likely either check your Target daily or you got real lucky and happened to be there at the right time of them just putting them out. 2 sets however are not going to stay on the shelves for any significant period of time.  So for many who don't have time to hit Target up daily hoping to get lucky and find them, its kinda immaterial. Just like online they should be stocking these in greater numbers to give average collectors a remote chance to actually get them.

• Thanks 1

I would assume tmnt license Neca has gotta have some restriction when it comes to quantity they can produce, which would explain low availability, I don’t think playmates would allow them to to produce enough to satisfy demand. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, SpiderS said:

I would assume tmnt license Neca has gotta have some restriction when it comes to quantity they can produce, which would explain low availability, I don’t think playmates would allow them to to produce enough to satisfy demand. 

I'm not sure about that...