'Watchmen: An HBO Limited Series' Coming To Blu-Ray & DVD June 2nd, 2020

Outsiders

Fans can dive even further into the alternate world that has captivated audiences since its debut when Warner Bros. Home Entertainment releases Watchmen: An HBO Limited Series on Blu-ray ($44.98 SRP US/ $49.99 SRP Canada) and DVD ($39.99 US SRP US / $44.98 SRP Canada) June 2, 2020. Featuring all nine riveting one-hour episodes - plus over 90 minutes of bonus content, including two never-before-seen special features exclusive to the Blu-ray and DVD. Created for television and executive produced by Damon Lindelof (Lost, The Leftovers), Watchmen drew 1.5 million Viewers in its series premiere, becoming the second-highest rated HBO original series debut of the past three years, only behind Big Little Lies. The show is also currently "certified fresh" with a 96% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

Set in an alternate history where "superheroes" are treated as outlaws, Watchmen embraces the nostalgia of the original groundbreaking graphic novel of the same name, while attempting to break new ground of its own. Watchmen reunites Lindelof with Academy(R) and Emmy(R) Award-winning actress Regina King (The Leftovers, Southland, If Beale Street Could Talk) leading the cast as Angela Abar/Sister Night. The series also stars Emmy(R) Award winner Jean Smart (Legion, Dirty John), Don Johnson (Miami Vice), Tim Blake Nelson (O Brother, Where Art Thou?, Leaves of Grass), Hong Chau (Homecoming), Yahya Abdul-Mateen II (Aquaman), Andrew Howard (Bates Motel), Jacob Ming-Trent (Ray Donovan), Tom Mison (Sleepy Hollow), Sara Vickers (The Crown) and Dylan Schombing (Sharp Objects), with Academy Award(R) winner Louis Gossett Jr. (An Officer and a Gentleman), and Academy, Emmy(R) and Tony(R) Award winning actor Jeremy Irons (The Lion King, Reversal of Fortune).

Produced for HBO by White Rabbit in association with Warner Bros. Television, the series was created for television by Lindelof based on characters co-created for DC by Dave Gibbons. The series is executive produced by Lindelof, Tom Spezialy, Nicole Kassell, Stephen Williams and Joseph E. Iberti.

"The critical accolades for Watchmen have not slowed down since the series premiere," said Rosemary Markson, Senior Vice President Marketing, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. "We are thrilled to release Watchmen: An HBO Limited Series on DVD and Blu-ray with even more exclusive new content for fans to enjoy."

9 ONE-HOUR EPISODES
1. It's Summer and We're Running Out of Ice
2. Martial Feats of Comanche Horsemanship
3. She Was Killed By Space Junk
4. If You Don't Like My Story, Write Your Own
5. Little Fear of Lightning
6. This Extraordinary Being
7. An Almost Religious Awe
8. A God Walks Into Abar
9. See How They Fly

EXCLUSIVE BLU-RAY/DVD SPECIAL FEATURES

· Hooded Justice

· The Colossal King - Adrian Veidt

ADDITIONAL SPECIAL FEATURES

· Watchmen: Unmasked

· 2019 New York Comic Con

· Watchmen: Masked and Dangerous

· Watchmen S1: Trailer

· Character Trailers: Sister Night, Blond Man and Looking Glass

· Becoming Sister Night

· Notes from the Watchmen graphic novel artist Dave Gibbons

· Rorschach Featurette

· Watchmen: Alternate History

· It's Raining Squids

· Squid Shelter with Tim Blake Nelson

· Andrij Parekh on Directing

· Sadiqua Bynum runs, jumps and falls for Sister Night

· Anatomy of a Fight Scene

· Glimpses - The Visual Effects of Watchmen

DIGITAL
The first season of Watchmen is currently available to own on Digital. Digital purchase allows consumers to instantly stream and download to watch anywhere and anytime on their favorite devices. Digital movies and TV shows are available from various digital retailers including Amazon Prime Video, AppleTV, Google Play, Vudu and others. A Digital Code is also included in the U.S. with the purchase of specially marked Blu-ray discs for redemption and cloud storage.

BASICS
Street Date: June 2, 2020
Order Due Date: April 28, 2020
BD and DVD Presented in 16x9 widescreen format
Run Time: Approx. 522 minutes
Enhanced Content Run Time: Approx. 100 minutes

DVD
Price: $39.99 SRP US / $44.98 SRP Canada
DVD Audio: English (5.1)
DVD Subtitles: English, French and Latin Spanish

BLU-RAY
Price: $44.98 US / $49.99 SRP Canada
BD Audio: English (5.1)
BD Subtitles: English, French and Latin Spanish

About Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Inc.

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment (WBHE) brings together Warner Bros. Entertainment's home video, digital distribution and interactive entertainment businesses in order to maximize current and next-generation distribution scenarios. An industry leader since its inception, WBHE oversees the global distribution of content through packaged goods (Blu-ray Disc(TM) and DVD) and digital media in the form of electronic sell-through and video-on-demand via cable, satellite, online and mobile channels, and is a significant developer and publisher for console and online video game titles worldwide. WBHE distributes its product through third party retail partners and licensees.

ABOUT DC

DC is one of the largest English-language publishers of comics and graphic novels in the world and home to some of the most iconic and recognizable characters ever created. As a creative unit of WarnerMedia, DC is charged with strategically integrating its stories and characters across film, television, consumer products, home entertainment, interactive games and the DC Universe subscription streaming service. For more information visit dccomics.com.

Watchmen and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and (C) DC Comics

54 minutes ago, SpiderS said:

Really strong tv show, even tho I don’t agree how they motivated Dr. it’s still really decent story. Lindelof really learned and improved story telling since Lost.   All these extras should make story even more interesting to revisit. 

You should give The Leftovers a watch.  It's really amazing and weird and the storytelling is brilliant.

1 hour ago, silverback77346 said:

I had just dropped HBO on cable last year before Watchmen started. Then picked it up again for less on Roku. I really enjoyed the first season and looking forward to season 2. Who knew you could find happiness outside of the MCU?

There's no plan for a second season.  It did well, but Lindelof only planned for the one season, and HBO doesn't want to piss him off by forcing it and risking a Dave Chappelle situation.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Satam said:

There's no plan for a second season.  It did well, but Lindelof only planned for the one season, and HBO doesn't want to piss him off by forcing it and risking a Dave Chappelle situation.

No Satam, say it aint so. Well I hope they decide to piss him off because I already subscribed and I want my Watchmen season 2. And I don't want to hear the old adage " want in one hand and take a dump in the other and see which one fills up the fastest." I got my fist closed when I wish.

28 minutes ago, silverback77346 said:

No Satam, say it aint so. Well I hope they decide to piss him off because I already subscribed and I want my Watchmen season 2. And I don't want to hear the old adage " want in one hand and take a dump in the other and see which one fills up the fastest." I got my fist closed when I wish.

There's a problem with that...when you have someone who goes to a studio and says, "I have a great story to tell,"  it's almost always going to be better than if a studio goes to someone or several someones and says, "We need to tell another chapter to this story because the first one did so well."  I think most people would rather be happy with one amazing season and maybe wait as long as it takes for another if someone else has a good idea for it than to just get a second season ASAP because they want more, and then hope it's half as good as the first.  If you don't fall into that camp, well, then, I don't know what to more to tell you.
But I will tell you that if HBO execs piss off Lindelof, they run a big risk that he won't work with them again (the Dave Chappelle problem), and he's already delivered two critically acclaimed hit series for them. But since it's not his property, It's Alan Moore's (Lindelof simply "played in his sandbox" or whatever metaphor you choose), if someone new goes to HBO and says that they have a good idea for more story, I believe he's said he's okay with that, even if Alan Moore is not.  The quality needs to be there if a second season ever happens, you know?
Or you could just cancel HBO until there's news.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, silverback77346 said:

I will keep HBO and wait, maybe something else will kick off in the meantime.

There's a lot of great stuff on HBO almost all the time.  Are you watching The Outsider?  That's an outstanding show.  No superheroes, but it is dark and weird.  Also, if you have On Demand, you should have The Leftovers, which was Damon Lindelof's last show.  It's depressing and a slow burn, but it is weird and brilliant and has some of the same flair that Watchmen did.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, silverback77346 said:

I just finished the outsider and loved it. I was not impressed with the Leftovers previews I saw so I haven't given it a look yet. But Outsider was excellent. Hope it gets a second run.

I didn't think I would like the Leftovers, either, but about three or four episodes in I was hooked.

• Like 1