Netflix & Mattel Television Announce The Voice Cast Of 'Masters Of The Universe: Revelation'

Outsiders

Netflix and Mattel Television today announced the all-star cast of the upcoming Netflix anime series, Masters of the Universe: Revelation, a series based on He-Man, Skeletor, Teela and the other classic characters of the Masters of the Universe franchise.

The series is being produced by Mattel Television with Adam Bonnett (Descendants), Christopher Keenan (Justice League, Batman Beyond) and Rob David (He-Man and the Masters of the Universe) as executive producers.

Kevin Smith (Clerks, Chasing Amy) will serve as showrunner and executive producer. In addition, Susan Corbin (Voltron) will produce.

The cast includes:

• Mark Hamill (Star Wars, Batman: The Animated Series) as Skeletor
  • Lena Headey (Game of Thrones, 300) as Evil-Lyn
  • Chris Wood (Supergirl, The Vampire Diaries) as Prince Adam / He-Man
  • Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Cruel Intentions) as Teela
  • Liam Cunningham (Game of Thrones, Clash of the Titans) as Man-At-Arms
  • Stephen Root (Office Space, Barry) as Cringer
  • Diedrich Bader (Office Space, Napoleon Dynamite) as King Randor / Trap Jaw
  • Griffin Newman (The Tick, Vinyl) as Orko
  • Tiffany Smith  (Behind Enemy Lines, Supernatural) as Andra
  • Henry Rollins (Johnny Mnemonic, Lost Highway) as Tri-Klops
  • Alan Oppenheimer (original Skeletor) (Westworld, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe) as Moss Man
  • Susan Eisenberg (Wonder Woman, Justice League) as Sorceress
  • Alicia Silverstone (Clueless, Batman & Robin) as Queen Marlena
  • Justin Long (Galaxy Quest, Live Free or Die Hard) as Roboto
  • Jason Mewes (Clerks, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back) as Stinkor
  • Phil LaMarr  (Mad TV, Justice League) as He-Ro
  • Tony Todd (Candyman, Star Trek: The Next Generation) as Scare Glow
  • Cree Summer (DC Super Hero Girls, Vampirina) as Priestess
  • Kevin Michael Richardson (The Batman, ThunderCats) as Beast Man
  • Kevin Conroy (Batman: The Animated Series, Crisis on Infinite Earths) as Mer-Man
  • Harley Quinn Smith (Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood, Jay and Silent Bob Reboot) as Ileena

Masters of the Universe: Revelation will focus on the unresolved storylines of the iconic characters, picking up where they left off decades ago.

Marc Bernardin (Castle Rock, Alphas), Eric Carrasco (Supergirl), Diya Mishra (Magic the Gathering) and Tim Sheridan (Reign of the Supermen) are writers on the series.

Animation for the series is being done by Powerhouse Animation (Castlevania).  

“Masters of the Universe: Revelation is for the fans. Kevin Smith, as well as the rest of the all-star cast, share our love and passion for the iconic franchise and the deeper meaning of the property. At its core, Masters of the Universe is all about wanting the power to be the best version of yourself, and the series will bring this message to life in an entirely new way.” – Rob David, Executive Producer, Masters of the Universe: Revelation

“I cannot believe the lineup of talent I get to play with! The incredible, star-studded cast that Mattel’s Rob David and Netflix’s Ted Biaselli assembled for our Masters of the Universe series will let any lifelong He-Man fan know we’re treating this cartoon seriously and honoring the legendary world of Eternia with A-list talent! Chris, Sarah, Mark, Lena and the other amazing actors and actresses have given performances so powerful and real in a show that features a talking giant green tiger! With these fantastic performers behind our characters, it’ll be crazy easy to immerse yourself in the swords and sorcery of our epic sci-fi soap opera!” – Kevin Smith

Mattel’s (NASDAQ: MAT) reboot of the classic Masters of the Universe franchise also includes a comic book series by DC Comics (available now), reimagined versions of the 80’s toys (hitting retail shelves in the fall of 2020), a CG-animated series with Netflix (He-Man and the Masters of the Universe) and a feature film.

00-Netflix-MOTU-Prop-Poster.jpg

MOTU_HE-MAN_SOURCE.jpg

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Neovorticism2 said:

Wow, Mark Hamill as Skelly...sweet!. OMG He-Ro!.

But let me get this straight, the posters Mattel released back in december, the then called "2nd animated series" and Revelations are one and the same, not two parallel shows, right?.

IDK, I hope he can swtich it up enough so everytime I hear him I don't hear Joker. Whenever I watch the 90's Spider-Man series with Hobgoblin it always sound like BTAS Joker.

56 minutes ago, JayC said:

IDK, I hope he can swtich it up enough so everytime I hear him I don't hear Joker. Whenever I watch the 90's Spider-Man series with Hobgoblin it always sound like BTAS Joker.

Same thing happens with his voice for Gargoyle in the Incredible Hulk animated series and Maximus in Fantastic Four.

• 1 month later...

Kevin Smith today gave us a little, and we do mean little tease for his upcoming Masters Of The Universe: Revelation Netflix animated series by posting the following on Twitter:

Kevin-Smith-Tease-MOTU.jpg

2 hours ago, Nosferatuman62172 said:

Why have the original Skeletor as a voice actor and not have him voice Skeletor. I'm sure Mark Hammil will do a good job though.

Alan Oppenheimer is going to be 90 years old later this month.  A smaller role is probably better for him at this point.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
In a recent interview with Comicbook.com, showrunner Kevin Smith confirmed that there aren't any major redesigns to the characters and they'll closely resemble their classic look in the upcoming Masters of the Universe: Revelation animated series coming to Netflix sometime next year.

The show which was first announced last year during PoweCon is said to be a continuation of the original Filmation animated series, and picks up right where that show left off. However don't expect things to stay the same from the original series according to Smith in the recent interview.

We begin where they ended, the same tone like that, and then our tone shifts as something cataclysmic happens. That's where our modern story kicks in. Even then, it's not like 'Everything you know about He-Man is wrong. We're gonna upend the universe.

He-Man.jpg

" 'Everything you know about He-Man is wrong" ..obviously, Kevin Smith's geek cred is strong, so I hope this is intentional phrasing and the show sticks to it. ..... I'm not often a fan of revisionism after revisionism, and would prefer to see new ideas for continuing the story forward....in addition, the mini He-man comics were a beloved part of my childhood. Hopefully there can be some sort of print promotion, written by Smith , to support / supplement the show..... yes, that's 100% a pipe dream in my head, but eh, hope is fun.

1 hour ago, AdamM said:

" 'Everything you know about He-Man is wrong" ..obviously, Kevin Smith's geek cred is strong, so I hope this is intentional phrasing and the show sticks to it. ..... I'm not often a fan of revisionism after revisionism, and would prefer to see new ideas for continuing the story forward....in addition, the mini He-man comics were a beloved part of my childhood. Hopefully there can be some sort of print promotion, written by Smith , to support / supplement the show..... yes, that's 100% a pipe dream in my head, but eh, hope is fun.

That's not quite what the quote says, if you'd read it again:

Even then, it's not like 'Everything you know about He-Man is wrong.

• Like 1

Candyman as Scare Glow and Batman “Kevin Conroy” as Merman. Plus Mark Hamil, Looks like an Allstar cast. They said a continuation of the original show. They even have the original Skeletor as Moss Man. I hope it the final product turns out great.

• 8 months later...

In an effort to tease his upcoming Masters Of The Universe: Revelation animated series coming to Netflix later this year, he has posted this reaction video were we see him watching a clip from the new show. We as the viewing audience don’t get to see the actual clip, only hear it play on Smith’s PC as he reacts to it.

The clip is said to feature the transformation process of when Prince Adam lifts up his sword to transform himself into He-Man and Cringer into Battle Cat. Mostly what you hear in the clip is music playing, but we do get to hear the update version of Prince Adam say “By The Power Of Grayskyll”.

Both He-Man and Prince Adam are voiced by Chris Wood (Supergirl, The Vampire Diaries) in this new series which is said to be a continuation of the original Filmation series.

https://fb.watch/3yb9H8W4Cn/

1 hour ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Wouldn't it have been better to show a teaser trailer or at least a new promotional poster with the characters?, this video with Smith reacting just doesn't provoke me anything.

Since we dont even know when its going to premiere and I am guessing probably not till the end of the year its hard to say. I agree there isnt much here in this clip to get excited about, but I see this more of a hey dont forget this is coming kind of thing and also allows Smith to show how passionate he is for the project. At this point I would say its this or nothing, so I would say its better than nothing.

25 minutes ago, hainrs said:

It isn't going to be the end of the year. It'll be out this Summer.

Don’t know where you heard that but there has been no kind of official premier date given.