G.I. Joe: Classified 6" Figure First Look

JayC

I'm just pissed off that I missed out on the deluxe edition of Snake Eyes they had on the Hasbro site. They sold out on the pre-order before pay day arrived for me. Not happy, since I'll probably end up paying a stupid amount for one down the road.

On a side note, I really hate the Roadblock figure. The gun is a big part of that, because it looks ridiculous. Beyond that, I think what he's wearing is a bulletproof vest, and it looks ridiculous to me. He still looks like a badass, but he doesn't look as good as Scarlet, Duke, and Snake Eyes. 

• Thanks 1

I don't think we are getting 3 non-movie figures in wave 2, wave one is 5 figures and if they continue that trend we will have 5 for wave 2.  One of those names match Scarlett from wave one so I think we are gettting 3 movies figs 2 non moves figs and a repack of Scarlett.

• Thanks 1

I hope we get Cobra Commander and Baroness soon.  They're probably my two favorite characters, Cobra or Joe.  I'm not such a big fan of that helmet on CC and find it quite a bit more phallic than other helmets he's had in various media, but I'll gladly buy pretty much any 6" figure of Cobra Commander that doesn't have that stupid transparent helmet from the first live action movie. 

• Thanks 1

Oh man! I’m wondering how Cobra Commander is gonna look! I’m also curious on how they will do Baroness. I bet they will be the two sought after figures. 

I’m probably most excited for the Ninjas that they are going to do eventually!!!! Army building for sure! 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, JayC said:

It will be interesting to see if the remaining 3 non-movie based figures in wave 2 turn out to be Gung-Ho, Cobra Commander and Baroness. Hasbro gave out this poster at Toy Fair and you will notice all the wave 1 figures are featured on it which leaves 3 main characters needing figures. Coincidence???

The poster also features some Alley Vipers and Red Ninja like dudes but being their are more background like the vehicles, my money is on the main characters coming first.

MpwoJmblzNaRompT46cgWnchhcoSpmeUCgPU6_Nt_4M.jpg

By looking at the picture is clear to me that Hasbro is focusing on releasing the characters with more prominent artwork in that picture which are Going Ho, Destro, Baroness and Cobra Commander...

Gung-Ho needed an upgrade on his outfit, and going by that poster, they did a good job with it. Destro's head is looking way too shiny. I'm not big on Cobra Commander's redesigned helmet, but I was never a fan of his helmet, (don't even get me started on that armoured suit), I love the hooded look more than anything else. Seeing the Alley Vipers is a bit of a surprise, but a happy one, as I really liked them. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

By looking at the picture is clear to me that Hasbro is focusing on releasing the characters with more prominent artwork in that picture which are Going Ho, Destro, Baroness and Cobra Commander...

If you say so, but it's still AT LEAST two-and-a-half months till the first series sees release, and we don't even know for sure who all is gonna be in THAT. It just seems a little to early days to discern any kind of pattern in character selection.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mako said:

If you say so, but it's still AT LEAST two-and-a-half months till the first series sees release, and we don't even know for sure who all is gonna be in THAT. It just seems a little to early days to discern any kind of pattern in character selection.

True, but it sure is fun trying to guess at what we have to look forward to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Roadpigmaster said:

Ok, this news put me again in the run to get some new Joe figures...

LOL, no offense but why? These are vague walmart listings that no one has any idea what they are. I get Hisstank is making an assumption these are 3 3/4" but there is no evidence at this time to back that up. Maybe they are 3 3/4 or maybe they are Cloth style figures like the classic GIJoe stuff? Often the word Retro is associated with that style of figure. I am trying to do some digging to see if any additional details can be had on these but lets not jump the gun.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JayC said:

LOL, no offense but why? These are vague walmart listings that no one has any idea what they are. I get Hisstank is making an assumption these are 3 3/4" but there is no evidence at this time to back that up. Maybe they are 3 3/4 or maybe they are Cloth style figures like the classic GIJoe stuff? Often the word Retro is associated with that style of figure. I am trying to do some digging to see if any additional details can be had on these but lets not jump the gun.

Ok, you are right JayC... I think the over excitement of finally getting Joe's like the originals, make me think these figures could be that...

Ok, you are right JayC... I think the over excitement of finally getting Joe's like the originals, make me think these figures could be that...

Who knows. If they are 3 3/4" they very much may be in the same style as the 6", which IMO is pretty close to the original but not exact. Also will they be o-ring or just re-releases of the 25th Anniversary????

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JayC said:

Who knows. If they are 3 3/4" they very much may be in the same style as the 6", which IMO is pretty close to the original but not exact. Also will they be o-ring or just re-releases of the 25th Anniversary????

I think we should be expecting something similar to what Hasbro been doing with other lines like Star Wars and now the Ghostbusters so on my assumption I think it will be figures much likely like the 80s Joe's...

Same high or same body type but at bigger scale? Who knows...

At least from what I saw the Retro Ghostbusters are like re release of the original figures so that could be the case for the Joe's...

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Neovorticism2 said:

G.I. Joe Classified Tiger Force Duke revealed(?).

92241978_3098360160198095_7854829606187040768_n.jpg

How? I thought it was just wave 1 one extra character from the box art but not a repainted Duke...

How? I thought it was just wave 1 one extra character from the box art but not a repainted Duke...

Think someone is trying to have some fun on April 1st

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Neovorticism2 said:

Yes, it could be an April Fools joke, but did they really think that a joke is appropriate in such hard times?

IDK, I don't even know where you got the image from?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mako said:

What? No Pimp-Daddy Destro!?! C,mon Hasbro, get some values!

I actually saw someone post a pic somewhere who did a photoshop job on the Destro figure making him look like Pimp-Daddy Destro. If I see it again I'll post it. Looked pretty good.

• Thanks 1

I wish I had been smart enough to preorder these initial figures. Amazon Canada sold out, and don't know when they'll get more. The only place to where I can pay in Canadian dollars and not get raped by shipping costs. Lesson learned.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...