JayC

G.I. Joe: Classified 6" Figure First Look

This is the thing I’m most looking forward to from Toy Fair.  GI Joe has always been my favorite brand and while it would be great to also see some sort of opportunity to continue with the 3-3/4” line started with the 25th line and ending with the collectors club, I’ll gladly welcome a fresh 6” line into my GI Joe room.  

• Thanks 1

I'm also very excited about G.I. Joe coming back. The 6 inch format doesn't bother me at all, though I still would like to get high quality 3 3/4 inch figures. Keeping my Fingers crossed !

• Thanks 1

On 2/15/2020 at 11:30 AM, Asterix said:

I wonder how this is going to go this time. I think we are still at a point in our society where a toyline glorifying war still won't sit well with  parents. But, if Hasbro markets these toys to adult collectors (like they are with Transformers Siege, Earthrise) it could work. 

However, the one major thing that could kill this line before it really even starts is their scale. Why would you make them 6 inch? WHY G.I. Joe collectors have massive collections of 3.75 inch figures and now you're introducing a line of figures that doesn't scale with the rest of their collection. Let's be honest, Hasbro is bringing G.I. Joe back for the nostalgia in adults that loved it as kids. This toyline isn't for kids of this current generation. So why are you making a line of figures that are incompatible with the rest of their collection?

Transformers, Marvel/DC Comics, Star "Wars", Power Rangers, Tmnt, WWE, Fortnite, Call of Duty, ETC. All glorify war or as the writer would probably say (The Vanquish of Evil). Most of these lines glorify fighting and war in some capacity. Hasbro has been making G.I. Joes since the 1960's. And the only recently took a break from the 3.75" line. I'm not sure what difference an additional 3"s will make. 

Plus I've always thought of the G.I. Joes as the United Nations acting against and Evil organization that has no specific geographical location or cultural background. Just some good guys taking out bad guys.

Additionally, 6" lines are where the money is at now. If the 3.75" collectors already have everything what is the incentive to buy more 3.75" figs of the same character that don't match the same style? 6" will bring in new collectors, customizer and toy photographers. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TheViewingGlobe said:

Transformers, Marvel/DC Comics, Star "Wars", Power Rangers, Tmnt, WWE, Fortnite, Call of Duty, ETC. All glorify war or as the writer would probably say (The Vanquish of Evil). Most of these lines glorify fighting and war in some capacity. Hasbro has been making G.I. Joes since the 1960's. And the only recently took a break from the 3.75" line. I'm not sure what difference an additional 3"s will make. 

Plus I've always thought of the G.I. Joes as the United Nations acting against and Evil organization that has no specific geographical location or cultural background. Just some good guys taking out bad guys.

Additionally, 6" lines are where the money is at now. If the 3.75" collectors already have everything what is the incentive to buy more 3.75" figs of the same character that don't match the same style? 6" will bring in new collectors, customizer and toy photographers. 

Just to expand on what you said, in terms Marvel and DC. I've never read or seen anything that even mentions Black Widow's use of guns on a regular basis in the MCU and killing people, even if they choose not to focus on that aspect of that. In the Batman universe, Red Hood was out killing bad guys all over Gotham. I remember some groups complaining about the violence in Punisher comics, but not much else. In the Star Wars franchise, a bunch of people are getting killed in the opening of A New Hope. There are untold legions of people getting killed throughout the series. 

The pro-gun culture in the U.S., combined with massive propaganda on the part of the various branches of the armed forces, and the violence coming from Hollywood, as well as the video game industry, basically ensures G.I. JOE isn't going away any time soon. That makes me happy.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Liam gives us a heads up that images giving us our first look at Hasbro's rumored 6" G.I.Joe Classified figures have hit social media. We aren't sure where the images originated from but we got them from the Full Force Podcast.

The images show some type of deluxe version of Snake-Eyes. There have been rumors of some type of exclusive figure being released right out the gate for this line, likely to go up for order or pre-order this weekend. We suspect this will be that figure. The figure comes with fancy packaging and a number of accessories. My guess there will be a regular version that will not feature the outer packaging or quit as many accessories . One accessory that seems to be missing is Snake-Eyes' pet wolf named Timber. It's also worth noting that the artwork on the box is very similar to that used for the new G.I. Joe: War on Cobra App Game that was released earlier this year. Check out the images for this figure below and stay-tuned for more details as they become available. We should definitely hear more on this on Saturday during Hasbro's Toy Fair event which kicks off at 1:30PM ET. We will have full coverage of the event here on TNI.

GIJoe-Classified-Snake-Eyes-01.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Snake-Eyes-02.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Snake-Eyes-03.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Snake-Eyes-04.jpg

• Thanks 1

Man this looks good. Honestly I think this line will be the highlight of Toy Fair this weekend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

UPDATE: An additional image featuring the Hasbro box the figure shipped in has been added which suggest this may be this year's SDCC exclusive. The Box is labled GIJoe Elite Convention Set. We will continue to update as more details become available

GIJoe-Classified-Snake-Eyes-05.jpg

• Thanks 1

UPDATE 2: Additional out of package images have been added via ponkung.

He breaks the figure down with the following articulation:

- Ball Joint Head
- Hinge Neck Peg
- Ball Lower Neck
- Ball/Disc Shoulders
- Butterfly Shoulders
- Double Hinge Elbows
- Ball/Disc Hands
- AB Crunch
- Ball Waist
- Ball with Swivel Thigh
- Double Hinge Knees
- Swivel Boots Top
- Ball/Rocket Ankle

-Backpack has another hole to hold sword sheath.
-Sword sheath can also attach to Snake Eyes's back.
-Silencer can be used with both pistol and submachine gun.

GIJoe-Classified-Snake-Eyes-07.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Snake-Eyes-08.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Snake-Eyes-09.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Snake-Eyes-10.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Snake-Eyes-11.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Snake-Eyes-12.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Snake-Eyes-06.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JayC said:

UPDATE: An additional image featuring the Hasbro box the figure shipped in has been added which suggest this may be this year's SDCC exclusive. The Box is labled GIJoe Elite Convention Set. We will continue to update as more details become available

GIJoe-Classified-Snake-Eyes-05.jpg

Oh wow...

1 hour ago, JayC said:

Liam gives us a heads up that images giving us our first look at Hasbro's rumored 6" G.I.Joe Classified figures have hit social media. We aren't sure where the images originated from but we got them from the Full Force Podcast.

The images show some type of deluxe version of Snake-Eyes. There have been rumors of some type of exclusive figure being released right out the gate for this line, likely to go up for order or pre-order this weekend. We suspect this will be that figure. The figure comes with fancy packaging and a number of accessories. My guess there will be a regular version that will not feature the outer packaging or quit as many accessories . One accessory that seems to be missing is Snake-Eyes' pet wolf named Timber. It's also worth noting that the artwork on the box is very similar to that used for the new G.I. Joe: War on Cobra App Game that was released earlier this year. Check out the images for this figure below and stay-tuned for more details as they become available. We should definitely hear more on this on Saturday during Hasbro's Toy Fair event which kicks off at 1:30PM ET. We will have full coverage of the event here on TNI.

GIJoe-Classified-Snake-Eyes-01.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Snake-Eyes-02.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Snake-Eyes-03.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Snake-Eyes-04.jpg

That Cobra Commander in the back art looks like the Resolute movie version... 

19 minutes ago, Roadpigmaster said:

That Cobra Commander in the back art looks like the Resolute movie version... 

Seems based on the new App game.

Gi_Joe_War_On_Cobra_Key_Art__scaled_600.jpg

• Thanks 1

You know who might be bothered/triggered by my comment, but I'm going to do it anyway. 🙄

That Snake Eyes looks good, I like what I see but I expect a retail version too and I also look forward for more ARAH designs. 

• Thanks 2

This look great, and while I have never get any G.I. Joe figures before, I might dig into this line, at least with specific figures.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JayC said:

Seems based on the new App game.

Gi_Joe_War_On_Cobra_Key_Art__scaled_600.jpg

Oh ok... Are these figures based of different iterations of GI Joe? Game, cartoon, movies and comics?

*screams like a manic child on xmas* 

All I ever wanted was 6" Joes. Now my life is complete...from a collector stand point anyway. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I get more excited by the day. That Snake Eyes figure looks amazing. As much as I would love to see a mighty return of the Dreadnok's, it likely won't happen, other than Zartan maybe. So, the wish list for me, other than Snake Eyes, would be Scarlet, Beach Head, Baroness, Storm Shadow, and Flint. Anybody got a wishlist? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, KingDiablo said:

I get more excited by the day. That Snake Eyes figure looks amazing. As much as I would love to see a mighty return of the Dreadnok's, it likely won't happen, other than Zartan maybe. So, the wish list for me, other than Snake Eyes, would be Scarlet, Beach Head, Baroness, Storm Shadow, and Flint. Anybody got a wishlist? 

I think at least the original 3 Dreadnoks are a possibility sooner or later.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

Oh ok... Are these figures based of different iterations of GI Joe? Game, cartoon, movies and comics?

Dont know yet. Snake Eyes generally looks the same in all incarnations so hard to tell.

• Thanks 1

Looks really good, I like it and based on that first loose image they are close to Marvel Legends in size, interesting. Give me Storm Shadow, Jinx, Firefly and some Red Ninjas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1