G.I. Joe: Classified 6" Figure First Look

JayC

19 hours ago, gymjedi said:

Why don.t they just do versions based on the classic G.I. JOE cartoon series. The main reason GI JOE is popular is because of the 80s cartoon series. What Super7 is doing with He Man is the way it should be done. Base the characters detail on the way they are illustrated in the 80s cartoon. Colors and all. I am hoping that Hasbro does a Classics line because I am not spending a dime on this version Snake Eyes or any  GI JOE.

While, I would also like to see them do the figures with the looks and details of the characters from the classic cartoon, you can't seriously say that the new Snake Eyes figure looks lame. I can't wait to hand over some cash for one.

• Thanks 1

On 2/19/2020 at 2:10 PM, 80sboy4 said:

Snake Eyes is just impressive looking! Might just need to pickup a few of this new line, can't wait for Toyfair to see more from this line. Would love to see a hooded Cobra Commander!

You're not alone, as I'd love a hooded Cobra Commander. I always preferred that look for him, to me it looked more menacing  than the helmet and steel faceplate. I particularly hated him in that steel battle suit. The hood was just such a better look. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was a little non-plussed when I first saw the Scarlet and Roadblock pictures yesterday. The ones today are much better. The more I look at these figures, the more I want them. Duke particularly looks good.

Preordered my Snake Eyes.  Now just looking forward to seeing some Cobras.  When do we think those will be revealed?  Surely they won’t wait all the way to SDCC

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

New listings for G.I. Joe product have surfaced online via everestwholesale.com. These listings seem to be a mixture of collector oriented 6" Classified figures and non-Classified toys which we are going to assume are geared more for kids. These are also likely going to tie into the upcoming Snake-Eyes movie. Of course we should note that these are not confirmed by Hasbro and subject to change.

For 6" Classified figures, there are a total of 10 different listings, 5 of which we believe are for the first wave . The other 6 are likely for a second wave of figures and 3 of those appear to be movie based. The listings use code words as opposed to the actual character names, but when you see MV, we believe that is an indication for a movie based figure.

Here is how it breaks down:

Classified Wave 1:

GI JOE - CS 6" FIGURE MAYFLY
E84915X0
EAN: 5010993662388
This is Roadblock

GI JOE - CS 6" FIGURE DUNG BEETLE
HBGE84945X0
EAN: 5010993662425
This is Duke

GI JOE - CS 6" FIGURE MOSQUITO
HBGE84955X0
EAN: 5010993662432
This is Scarlett

GI JOE - CS 6" FIGURE TARANTULA
HBGE84905X0
EAN: 5010993662395
This should be Snake-Eyes

GI JOE - CS 6" FIGURE DARKLING
HBGE84925X0
EAN:5010993662401
This should be Destro

Classified Wave 2:

GI JOE - CS 6" FIGURE MV LADY BUG
F01125X0
EAN: 5010993738359
We believe this is a movie based figure

GI JOE - CS 6" FIGURE SCORPION MV
E84965X0
We believe this is a movie based figure

GI JOE - CS 6" FIGURE MV TARANTULA
E85155X0
We believe this is a movie based Snake-Eyes figure since it shares the same TARANTULA code name as the wave 1 Snake-Eyes.

GI JOE - CS 6" FIGURE MOSQUITO
HBGE84975X0
EAN: 5010993725663
Not movie based

GI JOE - CS 6" FIGURE HORSEFLY
HBGE89825X0
EAN: 5010993725670
Not movie based

GI JOE - CS 6" FIGURE RHINO BEETLE
HBGE89835X0
EAN: 5010993725687
Not movie based

Listings for non-Classified G.I.Joe products we assume are going to be more geared for kids.

GI JOE - ELECTRONIC SWORD
HBGE83525L0

GI JOE - GJI FEATURE MASK
HBGF01265L0

GI JOE - TITAN FIGURE AST
HBGE83455L0
Should be 12" figures

GI JOE - CORE 6" NINJA FIG AST
HBGF01165L0
While these are listed as 6" figures, these will likely be less articulated and details than then the Classified figures. They may be a little shorter to.

GI JOE - CORE NINJA FIG AND VEHICLE AST
HBGF01355L0
Again something that will likely be geared more for kids, but perhaps cool enough to use with Classified figures???

GI JOE - NINJA STRIKE 12" SNAKE EYES FEATURE FIG
HBGE83485L0
Probably something with electronic sound features.

• Thanks 1

Why is Hasbro avoiding the GI Joe animated series from the 80s. I am hoping they do a classic line but I will not spend a dime on these below average Joe figures. Hasbro should take a que from Neca or Super7 and produce figures they mirror their animated counterpart. The Neca TMNT line look exactly like they did in the cartoon. The Super7 Thundercats and He man likewise. The main reason GI Joe is popular is from the animated real american hero cartoon. Just base the figures on those designs.. Its not rocket science Hasbro

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, gymjedi said:

Why is Hasbro avoiding the GI Joe animated series from the 80s. I am hoping they do a classic line but I will not spend a dime on these below average Joe figures. Hasbro should take a que from Neca or Super7 and produce figures they mirror their animated counterpart. The Neca TMNT line look exactly like they did in the cartoon. The Super7 Thundercats and He man likewise. The main reason GI Joe is popular is from the animated real american hero cartoon. Just base the figures on those designs.. Its not rocket science Hasbro

Agree with your statement 100%...

9 hours ago, Neovorticism2 said:

My only gripes are the colors, they are too bright and that Duke doesn't have his helmet, besides that I have no problem with the new designs, I know if the line is successful we will see ARAH idesigns in the future, but for now bring 'em on, crossing my fingers for a Storm Shadow coming soon.

I'm now just waiting for the movie figures to see if they are 3 1/2" figures...

Can't wait for these myself, I believe that this is just a beginning, where Black Series seems to be running down with no more movies coming, I can see this line stepping right in and in the same vain they will eventually produce new and old styles of these figures. I cant wait to see so many classics done in 6" form. The want list is way too many to even start mentioning and the prospect of Haslab products down the road is something Im truly hoping for.  

• Thanks 1

I'm not a big GI Joe fan but if I something I like I'll get it. Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Baroness (but not if she's in some spindly form) and Crimson Guard would be my choices. Also what is with these weird code names? What is the point of "dung beetle", "darkling" etc. if they're going to be released under their actual names anyway? Hasbro's announcing theyre making a GI Joe line, so how do these false names matter?

And please don't reply "its to generate curiosity", because that would be stupid. Since, as said before, we already KNOW theyre putting these guys out anyway. Has to be another reason.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Atlantis said:

What is the point of "dung beetle", "darkling" etc. if they're going to be released under their actual names anyway? Hasbro's announcing theyre making a GI Joe line, so how do these false names matter?

Once again, pure marketing. You yourself said you're not a "Big G.I. Joe fan," but you're still asking the questions "What" and "Why." That old ad man's mantra still hold's true: "They can love it or hate it, as long as they are thinking about it."

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mako said:

Once again, pure marketing. You yourself said you're not a "Big G.I. Joe fan," but you're still asking the questions "What" and "Why." That old ad man's mantra still hold's true: "They can love it or hate it, as long as they are thinking about it."

The use of the code words is because they know they can't prevent these listings from getting out. As to why not just blurt out everything right off the bat,  well Mako is mostly right, marketing. That's not really unique to Hasbro or the toy industry though.

• Thanks 1

It will be interesting to see if the remaining 3 non-movie based figures in wave 2 turn out to be Gung-Ho, Cobra Commander and Baroness. Hasbro gave out this poster at Toy Fair and you will notice all the wave 1 figures are featured on it which leaves 3 main characters needing figures. Coincidence???

The poster also features some Alley Vipers and Red Ninja like dudes but being their are more background like the vehicles, my money is on the main characters coming first.

MpwoJmblzNaRompT46cgWnchhcoSpmeUCgPU6_Nt_4M.jpg

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I'm not a big GI Joe fan but if I something I like I'll get it. Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Baroness (but not if she's in some spindly form) and Crimson Guard would be my choices. Also what is with these weird code names? What is the point of "dung beetle", "darkling" etc. if they're going to be released under their actual names anyway? Hasbro's announcing theyre making a GI Joe line, so how do these false names matter?

And please don't reply "its to generate curiosity", because that would be stupid. Since, as said before, we already KNOW theyre putting these guys out anyway. Has to be another reason.

I honestly think they're just trying keep the lineups a secret, despite the poster.  They recently did the same thing with Marvel Legend listings.

• Thanks 1