G.I. Joe: Classified 6" Figure First Look

JayC

UPDATE 2: Additional out of package images have been added via ponkung.

He breaks the figure down with the following articulation:

- Ball Joint Head
- Hinge Neck Peg
- Ball Lower Neck
- Ball/Disc Shoulders
- Butterfly Shoulders
- Double Hinge Elbows
- Ball/Disc Hands
- AB Crunch
- Ball Waist
- Ball with Swivel Thigh
- Double Hinge Knees
- Swivel Boots Top
- Ball/Rocket Ankle

-Backpack has another hole to hold sword sheath.
-Sword sheath can also attach to Snake Eyes's back.
-Silencer can be used with both pistol and submachine gun.

GIJoe-Classified-Snake-Eyes-06.thumb.jpg.760129c153b2a69116651f1247997d14.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Snake-Eyes-12.thumb.jpg.9f6faddce09ad971319819551017d9b2.jpgGIJoe-Classified-Snake-Eyes-11.thumb.jpg.5796fa17e4fa3e4abccb4fe237a3b43c.jpgGIJoe-Classified-Snake-Eyes-10.thumb.jpg.1ad6b1e2e2828858ae998a949c2ea3f9.jpgGIJoe-Classified-Snake-Eyes-09.thumb.jpg.19153ebe8ab00bbc12aee3865a635b4b.jpgGIJoe-Classified-Snake-Eyes-08.thumb.jpg.5938a25b0a402512a643b326f5037c59.jpgGIJoe-Classified-Snake-Eyes-07.thumb.jpg.a0b5d70b1d7aa7d7c4e70a27a8a8134f.jpg

UPDATE: An additional image featuring the Hasbro box the figure s

UPDATE: An additional image featuring the Hasbro box the figure shipped in has been added which suggest this may be this year's SDCC exclusive. The Box is labled GIJoe Elite Convention Set. We will continue to update as more details become available.

GIJoe-Classified-Snake-Eyes-05.thumb.jpg.88bd05cb5dfabb31fc03a8dc44f08c29.jpg

Liam gives us a heads

UPDATE: Liam gives us a heads up that images giving us our first look at Hasbro's rumored 6" G.I.Joe Classified figures have hit social media. We aren't sure where the images originated from but we got them from the Full Force Podcast.

The images show some type of deluxe version of Snake-Eyes. There have been rumors of some type of exclusive figure being released right out the gate for this line, likely to go up for order or pre-order this weekend. We suspect this will be that figure. The figure comes with fancy packaging and a number of accessories. My guess there will be a regular version that will not feature the outer packaging or quit as many accessories . One accessory that seems to be missing is Snake-Eyes' pet wolf named Timber. It's also worth noting that the artwork on the box is very similar to that used for the new G.I. Joe: War on Cobra App Game that was released earlier this year. Check out the images for this figure below and stay-tuned for more details as they become available. We should definitely hear more on this on Saturday during Hasbro's Toy Fair event which kicks off at 1:30PM ET. We will have full coverage of the event here on TNI.

GIJoe-Classified-Snake-Eyes-04.thumb.jpg.046fba1b0d664b194fa41f106308bfcc.jpgGIJoe-Classified-Snake-Eyes-03.thumb.jpg.2ce79587b2de97ee1ed604f588fed9b9.jpgGIJoe-Classified-Snake-Eyes-02.thumb.jpg.6b8f25779d345bdfbda2572a808c424f.jpgGIJoe-Classified-Snake-Eyes-01.thumb.jpg.5e0f0a89f7c241f05252c357908c2f50.jpg

We are a week away from Toy Fair, which means we are likely a week away from Hasbro officially unveiling their rumored 6" G.I. Joe Classifed line of action figures. With that Walmart has listed two different assortments for the line on their website.

Assortment 1 - SKU: 169988830

Assortment 2 - SKU SKU: 869896266

Unfortunately the website does not provide any specific details like images or which figures will be in each assortment. Assortment 1 is rumored to include Snake-Eyes, Duke, Destro, Scarlet and Roadblock. There have been a number of rumors floating around such as Build-A-Figures, Variants and store exclusives. This might be one of the most anticipated reveals for next weeks Toy Fair event, so be sure to check back On Saturday, February 22 around 2pm ET to get all the details, assuming they don't leak out sooner.

GIJoe-Classified.jpg

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Neovorticism2 said:

Great, really looking foward this line ('till Hasbro somehow kill my interest on it, coff...coff Linghting Collection). 😒

Not which which tactic has turned you off, but I can almost guarantee you will see the same on this line if not more.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TheViewingGlobe said:

By all means do your job...🙃

Oh yea you do a lot of concerning?  Sounds fun.👌

There is no doubt some of the things like making folks buy figures they already have to get one they want is annoying, or having to hunt down exclusives that often are impossible to find. I agree that solely focusing on the negative is probably not the best way to approach something, but at the same time their is also no denying that these companies often do things that make collecting frustrating, and less fun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, JayC said:

There is no doubt some of the things like making folks buy figures they already have to get one they want is annoying, or having to hunt down exclusives that often are impossible to find. I agree that solely focusing on the negative is probably not the best way to approach something, but at the same time their is also no denying that these companies often do things that make collecting frustrating, and less fun.

I don't see what the problem is. The last exclusive I had a problem finding was Marvel Legends SDCC Hulk. Everything from Hasbro seems to resurface for retail and sometimes go on discount. Goldar is $18 on GameStop now. I know people talk about Hasbro in a negative light, but they have been upping their distribution and generally make enough for collectors. If you are hunter is kind of on you not them. Amazon ships a lot for free, so does Hasbro pulse. And these are toys, Hasbro has been doing this since day one. they release a figure, then release a better one in a 2 or 3 pack. it happens. I have been becoming better at playing the waiting game. And we are getting G.I. Joes in 6" form(something we have been asking for). That likely will scale with legends and the teenager sized rangers. The Kit-bashing alone has me psyched.

Oh wait the figures haven't even been revealed yet, let talk poo about'em. Don't be a Nancy.  

• Thanks 1

Given their track record on Star Wars, Marvel Legends and Power Rangers, it's safe to say that I won't be needing that holiday I had planned. 

All that aside, really excited for these. I'm hoping we get more bang for our buck givng they own the license outright. The 4" was always packed with accessories 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Neovorticism2 said:

Yeah, unfortunately not for everyone it is that easy and certainly not everyone agrees with the decisions that hasbro or any other company makes and the way in which certain items are offered for sale, right here many have expressed their dissatisfaction about it and They tell how have tried to get the figure that interests them and sometimes without success. Yes, online retailers help a lot but when it comes to an exclusive figure sometimes everything gets a little more complicated than it should. And also not all of us here are from the US, and for us collecting is much more difficult. We all express our opinion about it, some of us are a bit more critical or radical or even irrational in our expressions, it is not necessarily hate as you say, but at the end of the day only the opinion of oneself is what matters and that of the rest one gives a f_ck. 

Postscript: Do you really want to see real haters, people who really talk poop about the line?, go to the Hisstank forums and show teach them how to respect.

I'm not here to tell you how to do your job. We all enter this hobby knowing the cost, regardless of where we live. If you out of the US, likely you have been outside the US for a while. I get people vent, but it's not Hasbro's fault you don't have distributors in your area. And as far as cost goes, your country may have a tariff on US product. I wouldn't t know. My point is that we all enter this knowing what we are getting into and for collectors who are really into it like you and I, since we are part of these forums, etc. I like to say "It is all part of the game".  We choose to play it, no one forces us. 

I get your frustration. But don't be surprised when someone excited tells you to pipe down, when you're talking and the movies about to go on. Nevertheless, we both have our opinions and we are both free to discuss them. 

• Thanks 1

I'm looking forward to see how this Figures look to see if they convince me to get them like I did with the GI Joe Extreme and Sgt. Savage sub lines... I will continue collecting the 4" that Hasbro or Jaswarez produce for the movie or whatever iteration of GI Joe they decide to bring on that scale.

• Like 2

More G.I.Joe Classified 6" figures have shown up on Walmart's website. This time we have a few individual figure listings as well as a third assortment. Keep in mind for the figures, the names used are likely code names, not the actual figure name.

GIJ CS FIGURE MAYFLY SKU# 869896266 - (Firefly?)

GIJ CS FIGURE DUNG BEETLE SKU# 287884965 - (Yeah we have no guess on this one)

GIJ CS FIGURE MOSQUITO SKU# 702295747 (Another one we aren't sure on)

and then finally we have a third Assortment listing:

GIJ CS FIGURE AST SKU# 670137096

• Thanks 1

I just don't want to see any of the crap they were putting out in the 90's. Goofy looking florescent outfits and weapons, especially when the weapons were ridiculous and unrealistic. I want to see the classic looks from the ARAH comics and figures. I don't mind upgrades in uniforms and weapons to make them more contemporary, just so long as they look like actual military, but still recognisable as individual characters. Also, I would be ecstatic if they were to bring back the original Dreadnoks. They would be on the top of my list to buy, along with Scarlet.  

• Thanks 1

I wonder how this is going to go this time. I think we are still at a point in our society where a toyline glorifying war still won't sit well with  parents. But, if Hasbro markets these toys to adult collectors (like they are with Transformers Siege, Earthrise) it could work. 

However, the one major thing that could kill this line before it really even starts is their scale. Why would you make them 6 inch? WHY G.I. Joe collectors have massive collections of 3.75 inch figures and now you're introducing a line of figures that doesn't scale with the rest of their collection. Let's be honest, Hasbro is bringing G.I. Joe back for the nostalgia in adults that loved it as kids. This toyline isn't for kids of this current generation. So why are you making a line of figures that are incompatible with the rest of their collection?

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Neovorticism2 said:

Costs and profits I guess, it seems the tooling costs of a 3.75 " figure and a 6" figure is practically the same, but then we have that the 6-inch scale is the most popular in the market at the moment, especially among adult collectors , and although it cannot be said it is a line aimed at children, I think at least Hasbro would have to consider the thin possibility that this demography could be interested in the line, otherwise Walmart would not be on board, unfortunately Hasbro would not have to worry about old fans, companies consider them more like a minority from which they can't make out much money. I guess 3.75 inch Joe collectors are now like the old 12 inch Joe collectors back in the 80's.

On the part of glorifying the war, well, I know there are a lot of children out there playing Call of Duty, Fortnite, among other war-themed games, but who understands the parents of today.

I don't know if that's true. The Power Rangers Lightning collection is a perfect example of a toyline aimed at adults. Most of the figures released in that line are characters from older series like the orinal, Zeo, etc. The kids who watched those shows when they aired are adults now.

And I think Walmart does understand that adults do make up a pretty good chunk of toy sales. I mean, why else would walmart have released, exclusively to their stores,  electronic toys of the Iron Giant (an animated film from the 90s) and Robby The Robot (a character from a sci fi film from the 50's). Those collectibles are pretty much exclusively aimed at adult collectors. Robby the Robot would most likely be considered tacky or "cheesy" in the eyes of a child that has no context of the history of the character (and most children today don't know who Robby the Robot is). So that toy is aimed entirely towards adult Sci-Fi collectors (and btw, it is an excellent toy for the price)

Of course, toys will always be a market primarily for children, and there are plenty of toys that are directed FOR children. For Transformers, you have Cyberverse, and BotBots (which have the blind box appeal that young children like). But at the same time, toy companies are aiming their product towards their fans who have grown up. Transformers Siege is a perfect example of this. Siege Megatron is made to look just like G1 Megatron (not turning into a gun notwithstanding).  Now, of course, this toy can appeal to a child nowadays, but it was SPECIFICALLY designed to appeal to an adult that loved Transformers as a kid and is still buying the toys

• Thanks 1

This is the thing I’m most looking forward to from Toy Fair.  GI Joe has always been my favorite brand and while it would be great to also see some sort of opportunity to continue with the 3-3/4” line started with the 25th line and ending with the collectors club, I’ll gladly welcome a fresh 6” line into my GI Joe room.  

• Thanks 1

On 2/15/2020 at 11:30 AM, Asterix said:

I wonder how this is going to go this time. I think we are still at a point in our society where a toyline glorifying war still won't sit well with  parents. But, if Hasbro markets these toys to adult collectors (like they are with Transformers Siege, Earthrise) it could work. 

However, the one major thing that could kill this line before it really even starts is their scale. Why would you make them 6 inch? WHY G.I. Joe collectors have massive collections of 3.75 inch figures and now you're introducing a line of figures that doesn't scale with the rest of their collection. Let's be honest, Hasbro is bringing G.I. Joe back for the nostalgia in adults that loved it as kids. This toyline isn't for kids of this current generation. So why are you making a line of figures that are incompatible with the rest of their collection?

Transformers, Marvel/DC Comics, Star "Wars", Power Rangers, Tmnt, WWE, Fortnite, Call of Duty, ETC. All glorify war or as the writer would probably say (The Vanquish of Evil). Most of these lines glorify fighting and war in some capacity. Hasbro has been making G.I. Joes since the 1960's. And the only recently took a break from the 3.75" line. I'm not sure what difference an additional 3"s will make. 

Plus I've always thought of the G.I. Joes as the United Nations acting against and Evil organization that has no specific geographical location or cultural background. Just some good guys taking out bad guys.

Additionally, 6" lines are where the money is at now. If the 3.75" collectors already have everything what is the incentive to buy more 3.75" figs of the same character that don't match the same style? 6" will bring in new collectors, customizer and toy photographers. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TheViewingGlobe said:

Transformers, Marvel/DC Comics, Star "Wars", Power Rangers, Tmnt, WWE, Fortnite, Call of Duty, ETC. All glorify war or as the writer would probably say (The Vanquish of Evil). Most of these lines glorify fighting and war in some capacity. Hasbro has been making G.I. Joes since the 1960's. And the only recently took a break from the 3.75" line. I'm not sure what difference an additional 3"s will make. 

Plus I've always thought of the G.I. Joes as the United Nations acting against and Evil organization that has no specific geographical location or cultural background. Just some good guys taking out bad guys.

Additionally, 6" lines are where the money is at now. If the 3.75" collectors already have everything what is the incentive to buy more 3.75" figs of the same character that don't match the same style? 6" will bring in new collectors, customizer and toy photographers. 

Just to expand on what you said, in terms Marvel and DC. I've never read or seen anything that even mentions Black Widow's use of guns on a regular basis in the MCU and killing people, even if they choose not to focus on that aspect of that. In the Batman universe, Red Hood was out killing bad guys all over Gotham. I remember some groups complaining about the violence in Punisher comics, but not much else. In the Star Wars franchise, a bunch of people are getting killed in the opening of A New Hope. There are untold legions of people getting killed throughout the series. 

The pro-gun culture in the U.S., combined with massive propaganda on the part of the various branches of the armed forces, and the violence coming from Hollywood, as well as the video game industry, basically ensures G.I. JOE isn't going away any time soon. That makes me happy.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Liam gives us a heads up that images giving us our first look at Hasbro's rumored 6" G.I.Joe Classified figures have hit social media. We aren't sure where the images originated from but we got them from the Full Force Podcast.

The images show some type of deluxe version of Snake-Eyes. There have been rumors of some type of exclusive figure being released right out the gate for this line, likely to go up for order or pre-order this weekend. We suspect this will be that figure. The figure comes with fancy packaging and a number of accessories. My guess there will be a regular version that will not feature the outer packaging or quit as many accessories . One accessory that seems to be missing is Snake-Eyes' pet wolf named Timber. It's also worth noting that the artwork on the box is very similar to that used for the new G.I. Joe: War on Cobra App Game that was released earlier this year. Check out the images for this figure below and stay-tuned for more details as they become available. We should definitely hear more on this on Saturday during Hasbro's Toy Fair event which kicks off at 1:30PM ET. We will have full coverage of the event here on TNI.

GIJoe-Classified-Snake-Eyes-01.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Snake-Eyes-02.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Snake-Eyes-03.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Snake-Eyes-04.jpg

• Thanks 1